Pages:
Author

Topic: Spend Bitcoin as Fiat from Phone? - page 3. (Read 1299 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
July 30, 2017, 01:36:33 PM
It's doable and you don't need any contactless technology or NFC and things. You can actually pay the store in bitcoin straight from your wallet if they do accept the bitcoin. You can just scan the QR code for their phone to pay them directly your wallet. Another option is to send from phone number to phone number from a wallet. For example, Zebpay is wallet which can use phone numbers to send the bitcoin and it don't have any fees as you are transferring funds internally. So likewise you can get your job done.

I still hesitate to use Zebpay wallet yet many people recommend it for use. So you can guarantee the security of using Zebpay wallet? I hope it's not a good choice but if it's very safe what's wrong with trying.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
July 30, 2017, 01:12:24 PM
It's doable and you don't need any contactless technology or NFC and things. You can actually pay the store in bitcoin straight from your wallet if they do accept the bitcoin. You can just scan the QR code for their phone to pay them directly your wallet. Another option is to send from phone number to phone number from a wallet. For example, Zebpay is wallet which can use phone numbers to send the bitcoin and it don't have any fees as you are transferring funds internally. So likewise you can get your job done.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
July 30, 2017, 12:46:19 PM
Are there any usable options that allow us to load BTC to a phone wallet (only a small amount, so not real worried about security) and then walk into a store and pay for groceries (priced in the local Fiat) using part of the BTC balance?

Clearly there would be no card, so it would have to be some kind of NFC, Android pay, other contactless solution.

It will depend if your grocery or shops there is accepting bitcoin. No matter how many bitcoins we have on mobile and began walking around if there's no place to spend it physically then it's not making sense.

Having bitcoin setup on phone is easy as there are web exchanges app that can do that thing. The process surely is scanning the QR or the usual way to send bitcoin.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
July 30, 2017, 12:43:52 PM
OR you can convert your bitcoin to an application balance that has a payment option where almost all groceries in your country accept it, like china, everyone in there using Wechat for daily transactions, it so easy and fast. Bitcoin is good, but i think it's not the time yet to using it, there is still many disadvantage like the price is really unstable that can make seller or buyer loss.
Activity: 209
July 29, 2017, 11:11:32 AM
Seems like all the debit cards require various form of account verification, was hoping for a phone solution that does away with those requirements....if you know what i mean....
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
July 29, 2017, 11:07:44 AM
Are there any usable options that allow us to load BTC to a phone wallet (only a small amount, so not real worried about security) and then walk into a store and pay for groceries (priced in the local Fiat) using part of the BTC balance?

Clearly there would be no card, so it would have to be some kind of NFC, Android pay, other contactless solution.

There is bitcoin debet cards with which you can pay directly in places that takes bitcoin for payment. On the forum there is the information about such card and you can read all details, but about phone apps or phone wallets I really don't know. Sorry.
Activity: 210
July 29, 2017, 11:05:32 AM
I don't think it is possible, unless the grocery shop in question accepts bitcoin as a payment method. The closest i can think of is converting your coins to FIAT using bitpay, yet your grocery shop must be signed up to bitpay to make it possible.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
July 29, 2017, 11:03:19 AM
or you can try bitpay card https://bitpay.com/
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
July 29, 2017, 11:02:22 AM
I did not know. I take my bitcoins to a Bank card and pay her in any store. Our smartphones too poorly protected from break-ins to store our bitcoins. I don't even trust your Bank cards, and so deduce money there just before you buy.
Activity: 348
Merit: 252
July 29, 2017, 10:30:50 AM

I think you should learn it on the site in your country. In my country, I can buy the cards for the phone by bitcoin, it is done very quickly, you just wait for a single confirmation.
Activity: 209
July 29, 2017, 08:50:19 AM

Pages:
Jump to: