Pages:
Author

Topic: Spending bitcoins on a car. Car depreciate while Bitcoin appreciates. - page 3. (Read 446 times)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
U go to buy a car with bitcoins but to find out ur car depreciate in 3 years. While holding onto bitcoins the value of ur bitcoins appreciate. Just a speculation. Taking risk at an extreme. Trading ur bitcoins for a car. Hah . But Bitcoin doesn't always sky rocket in value every 3 years. Or does it.
In terms of economic management, it is a careless act considering high crypto fluctuations, unless you have a lot of bitcoins that can be exchanged with dozens of these cars, but still for me it's not worth, if anyone thinking about story with pizza buyers, I emphasize that the conditions are different now.
Activity: 938
Merit: 105
If you are willing to buy a car just buy for it using Bitcoin, it's your choice whether you held or just own a car by your Bitcoin right. If there is another option as a payment, use your fiat instead Bitcoin there's no problem there if you know how Bitcoin volatility is. Bitcoin is very profitable in holding long term and patiently wait at the right time but if are hurry in buying a car in your Bitcoin why not.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 111
Pepemo.vip
with high volatility, it makes a separate consideration from the seller or buyer to use bitcoin as a transaction tool. I guess basically you won't know where the price will be, by buying at that time it's certainly legal. if you think of it like a pizza seller, at that time BTTC was not worth it, and now it's soaring, of course it's fortunate to be on the seller's side
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
U go to buy a car with bitcoins but to find out ur car depreciate in 3 years. While holding onto bitcoins the value of ur bitcoins appreciate. Just a speculation. Taking risk at an extreme. Trading ur bitcoins for a car. Hah . But Bitcoin doesn't always sky rocket in value every 3 years. Or does it.

The fact that you are willing to buy a car using bitcoin as payment system or as a form of money is already a positive thing to do. But if you treat your bitcoin as form of investment then that dilemma sets in.

But if I'm given the choice, specially if I really needed a car, then I will used my bitcoin and not regret even if the price goes to the moon. There are also cases when let's say you buy bitcoin at a cheap price and then the price skyrocket, making you tons of money, then you buy a car, it's already a win-win situation for you.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
it's like the story of someone who bought pizza using bitcoin when the exchange rate was still low, so don't be surprised if a few years later the price of bitcoin will be even higher.
Activity: 439
Merit: 1
Pages:
Jump to: