Pages:
Author

Topic: Spending Unconfirmed Transactions?! - page 2. (Read 1640 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Deceased
May 26, 2014, 11:59:55 PM
He didn't "spend" them, he just broadcast the transaction. A few of you seem to be misreading this. You can broadcast anything you want; it just won't confirm until it is actually able to be sent. In this case, the transaction was broadcast before he was able to actually send it. As soon as all the inputs were confirmed, the transaction became legal and passed through the network.

But how can I do it again? Multbit won't normally allow me to broadcast those transactions, it just simply says Not Enough Balance.

May be you put a large enough fee on the child transaction to make miners want to confirm both parent and child transactions in the same block. How much fee did you pay?

Just the standard 0.0001 (~4 cents) for both the transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
May 26, 2014, 08:58:42 PM
I think I read somewhere you can spent not fully confirmed coins but I'm not 100 sure.

He didn't "spend" them, he just broadcast the transaction. A few of you seem to be misreading this. You can broadcast anything you want; it just won't confirm until it is actually able to be sent. In this case, the transaction was broadcast before he was able to actually send it. As soon as all the inputs were confirmed, the transaction became legal and passed through the network.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
May 26, 2014, 08:53:15 PM
May be you put a large enough fee on the child transaction to make miners want to confirm both parent and child transactions in the same block. How much fee did you pay?
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
May 26, 2014, 03:00:28 PM
I think I read somewhere you can spent not fully confirmed coins but I'm not 100 sure.
Deceased
May 26, 2014, 01:27:11 PM
I've spent unconfirmed transactions in Bitcoin-QT before and it took like 3 days for all the tx's to confirm even with a fee.
i was moving my stash into 3 diff paper wallets and the tx's took ages

Thanks for clarification.

Can you post an example address? Afaik this should not be possible.

It happened weeks ago, I don't remember now.
Activity: 569
Merit: 500
May 26, 2014, 12:27:00 PM
I've spent unconfirmed transactions in Bitcoin-QT before and it took like 3 days for all the tx's to confirm even with a fee.

In bitcoin-qt version 0.9.0+, you could stop spending unconfirmed changes in option->wallet. Smiley

I don't know how it happened but I already did this twice. Normally MultiBit says I don't have enough balance to send before the received coins get at least 1 confirmations but sometimes it doesn't happen. It happened to me twice, I sent the coins instantly after I received them with 0 confirmation. Then I checked on Blockchain and both the income and output of my new address were Unconfirmed until they both received confirmation at the same time.

Now my question is if this is intended in Multbit or a bug? If it's intended why can't I always do it? Is there an option to spent unconfirmed coins in Multbit?

No idea about Multibit. Tongue
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
May 26, 2014, 09:52:03 AM

i was moving my stash into 3 diff paper wallets and the tx's took ages
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
May 26, 2014, 09:49:37 AM
I don't know how it happened but I already did this twice. Normally MultiBit says I don't have enough balance to send before the received coins get at least 1 confirmations but sometimes it doesn't happen. It happened to me twice, I sent the coins instantly after I received them with 0 confirmation. Then I checked on Blockchain and both the income and output of my new address were Unconfirmed until they both received confirmation at the same time.

Now my question is if this is intended in Multbit or a bug? If it's intended why can't I always do it? Is there an option to spent unconfirmed coins in Multbit?

Can you post an example address? Afaik this should not be possible.
Deceased
May 26, 2014, 09:23:05 AM

Pages:
Jump to: