Pages:
Author

Topic: Split: mprep's unethical violation of auction rules - page 3. (Read 1430 times)

global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
Bump. Due to the last month's auction situation dragging out a bit longer than I expected, I'm extending this auction till March 25th.

The auction will end on March 15th when this thread is closed if there is at least 1 valid bid. If there isn't one, it'll end 1 week after the first valid bid is placed.

It appears that you have valid bids?  Why would you violate your own auction rules?
Because due to the last month's auction debacle dragging out the current ad period till the start of the next month, leaving the auction closed for around two weeks seems counter intuitive. I also wouldn't consider extending the auction's end date a violation of the rules.

If you say your auction is going to end on X date with a valid bid and that date comes + you have a valid bidder... it seems like a greedy, shitty thing & untrustworthy to extend the date on your bidders.

I don't know how you couldn't consider this as a violation of your OP's rules  Roll Eyes

I understand where you're coming from yet I'd have to disagree. I've extended the auction before it ended (though a bit short notice, I agree) and if the bidders aren't happy with the extension, they're free to withdraw their bids.

I gotta say, you giving ethical advice is a bit hard to take seriously when you think that a mod should be removed for deleting your referral link and ad spam
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
Bump. Due to the last month's auction situation dragging out a bit longer than I expected, I'm extending this auction till March 25th.

The auction will end on March 15th when this thread is closed if there is at least 1 valid bid. If there isn't one, it'll end 1 week after the first valid bid is placed.

It appears that you have valid bids?  Why would you violate your own auction rules?
Because due to the last month's auction debacle dragging out the current ad period till the start of the next month, leaving the auction closed for around two weeks seems counter intuitive. I also wouldn't consider extending the auction's end date a violation of the rules.

If you say your auction is going to end on X date with a valid bid and that date comes + you have a valid bidder... it seems like a greedy, shitty thing & untrustworthy to extend the date on your bidders.

I don't know how you couldn't consider this as a violation of your OP's rules  Roll Eyes

global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com

It appears that you have valid bids?  Why would you violate your own auction rules?

EDIT:  This post was originally on Mpreps auction thread:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31072175

The auction part of Bitcointalk is uneditable for the majority of users, but Mprep felt the need to use his global mod powers to edit my comments out of his auction because I personally disagree with his poor business.  That is absolutely insane to me that he would edit his auction using his global mod powers.

I did not make this thread here, nor did I make the topic name.  This thread belongs in Mpreps auction thread.
Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: