Pages:
Author

Topic: Sports Betting Contest - page 2. (Read 531 times)

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
October 20, 2019, 04:48:41 AM
Hoping this will be the target ,having free contest that deserves a prize?please do update us whenever you are ready,and count me as participant lol 😂
If OP will sponsor for the price, I would suggest that we contribute also to increase the poll, a little amount that we can afford like from 0.001 btc to 0.005.. I am suggesting this so we can make this competition more exciting, actually it's the prize that really matters, and when it comes to holding the funds, we always have our very trusted escrows in the forum.
Supporting this initiative since we’re closing to Christmas season.why not OP make this contest more transparent and legit by posting the target end date of voting .
And absolutely yes the more prizes offers the more exciting the contest is being made so lets wait for OP’s insights about this one

Really mate? Participants need to quote my posts then.

Let me try if this is really working.

Edit: Negative. I cannot find an underline of dots under my name. 
You should Quote every prediction right away after they posted because they can edit the post whenever they wanted though I know LoyceV has a Log in which edited posts can be checked from the original post before editing (but I might be wrong also)
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 20, 2019, 04:00:04 AM
The poll may or may not reflect what is in the list because this forum do not have the same ratio with the world's population. I cannot even see someone posting for cricket but it is very popular and has a massive following on populated India, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
I posted in favor of Cricket and I am part of a small and long running Cricket fraternity here on Bitcointalk. My fraternity members probably don't know about your contest since they didn't see it most likely.

Cricket has a massive following across the world(Not just 3rd world countries) like Australia, New Zealand, South Africa etc, but I do agree with your point that the majority will most likely favor Soccer over Cricket though which is why Soccer is the best choice here.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child
October 20, 2019, 02:55:48 AM
I also noticed that editing a post few minutes after it was posted and have minor changes cannot be tracked? Can someone help me with this, please.

Prediction post should be quoted so that it will not be edited anymore. Just like how they are doing in Stake my Address thread.

Really mate? Participants need to quote my posts then.

Let me try if this is really working.

Edit: Negative. I cannot find an underline of dots under my name. 
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1069
October 20, 2019, 02:46:37 AM
I voted for NBA because it is the sports that I follow and like you said, the season is just about to start.

I also noticed that editing a post few minutes after it was posted and have minor changes cannot be tracked? Can someone help me with this, please.

Prediction post should be quoted so that it will not be edited anymore. Just like how they are doing in Stake my Address thread.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
October 20, 2019, 01:18:20 AM
I like soccer and i usually wage in soccer and hence i am looking forward to see what contest you will be deciding in the end, i like Tennis too but soccer will be my priority as there are many competition to select from and there are many soccer fans here and it is the most popular sport in the world and then the rest of the sports come  Wink. We already have a English premier league contest and we need a site outside the forum to lock in the prediction that cannot be edited and that would be fair.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
October 20, 2019, 12:57:57 AM
In my opinion it's better to choose contests for games that are much in demand like e-sports, soccer, nba because that will bring lots of people here. Oh yes, I hope you don't forget that always use escrow in the contests that you make, it will give more confidence to the contest followers.

Hoping this will be the target ,having free contest that deserves a prize?please do update us whenever you are ready,and count me as participant lol 😂
If OP will sponsor for the price, I would suggest that we contribute also to increase the poll, a little amount that we can afford like from 0.001 btc to 0.005.. I am suggesting this so we can make this competition more exciting, actually it's the prize that really matters, and when it comes to holding the funds, we always have our very trusted escrows in the forum.

This is just a contest so I don't think there is any need for contributions in the form of BTC, the OP has prepared everything so he chooses which voting the most popular sports will be made into a betting contest, but I don't know what contest will be held.

Yeah right, I think @OP has fully sponsored this contest but if anyone wants to donate, I don't think it's a problem. In fact, in my opinion this contest is positive enough to encourage other members in the future to hold similar contests.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child
October 20, 2019, 12:27:08 AM

Soccer would be the best ones but according to poll it does show different result.
This do signify that users mostly on this forum do prefer on whats leading above.

Talking about my own selection I do prefer soccer yet I do have knowledge into this sport compared to others.

The poll may or may not reflect what is in the list because this forum do not have the same ratio with the world's population. I cannot even see someone posting for cricket but it is very popular and has a massive following on populated India, Bangladesh and Pakistan.

Anyway, if I am to pick only one then it is soccer. European leagues are going to be exciting next year and then the UEFA.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 683
October 19, 2019, 10:41:37 AM

Soccer would be the best ones but according to poll it does show different result.
This do signify that users mostly on this forum do prefer on whats leading above.

Talking about my own selection I do prefer soccer yet I do have knowledge into this sport compared to others.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 696
Dimon69
October 19, 2019, 10:19:45 AM
E-sports is a new trending betting game in our area, it's exciting and unexpected since some gamers coming out without us noticing it, there are players we didn't thought will do a big role in their winning. The previous DOTA2 is really fun, the effects and holograms are fascinating to watch. It's quite addicting to follow in youtube so I bet if crypto betting in e-sport will be a more big hit as it now.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
October 19, 2019, 10:13:23 AM
NBA and football would be nice, as they are the sports which has the most number of events at this time of the year. Esports is pretty lame knowing that there are only a few premier tourneys in line for the last quarter of the year.

And for sure, the above-mentioned sports categories would receive a massive following and your thread could be a hit as many people follow the said sports. As for the edits, try doing your OP self-moderated? But yeah, that wouldn’t change a thing, and the freedom to change posts within the 10-minute interval would be a bummer, so perhaps just adjust your timer to that said period then.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 251
October 19, 2019, 10:10:46 AM

This is just a contest so I don't think there is any need for contributions in the form of BTC, the OP has prepared everything so he chooses which voting the most popular sports will be made into a betting contest, but I don't know what contest will be held.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
October 19, 2019, 09:53:34 AM
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
October 19, 2019, 09:08:02 AM
Voted for NBA yet this is my favorite among on the list but it isn't bad to had side bets with other sports as well.

Asking on which one to whom you bet? Your choice! As long you do know the sports and you do enjoy on betting it then that's the on where you do focus on.

People do have different interest when it comes to sports bet.So this is just a self-preference type of question.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
October 19, 2019, 09:04:22 AM
I am planning to stage a betting contest. Now I am undecided which sports. I like soccer since it is very popular and its many exciting games. NBA would be perfect too as new season is about to start. And there's also the other popular sports like tennis, mma, e-sport, etc.

I am planning not to allow edits. They can just quote their previous post and then predict again.   
Mixed Combined sports is for me much better as we have many sports person here so adding all the top sports for the project will be more cooler .theres no need for spice fiction one when we can have them all right?
Great idea, if you will run a free contest which you shoulder the price,
Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
October 19, 2019, 08:20:19 AM
I actually wanted to go for E-sport, NBA and Soccer but couldn't so opted for E-Sports and Soccer instead. Soccer is a famous sport and alot of people watch it, pretty much can be said the same for NBA but I still wanted to go for soccer so yep personal preference. I chose E-sport cause it is a growing community and in the future, a lot of possible games could pop up and join the E-sports so it is actually quite a large community when you take note of that. Plus, it's less demanding with the players physical ability but more on analytical, timing, combo, etc etc so a lot of people could potentially join in and enjoy.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
October 19, 2019, 07:58:20 AM
I am planning to stage a betting contest. Now I am undecided which sports. I like soccer since it is very popular and its many exciting games. NBA would be perfect too as new season is about to start. And there's also the other popular sports like tennis, mma, e-sport, etc.

I am planning not to allow edits. They can just quote their previous post and then predict again.   
no doubt its E-Sports this is the in demand in betting's now like DOTA ,MOBILE Legends and League Of Legends and i'm sure there are many cryptonians that will support such

but if this wont win in voting then NBA is my second option,cant wait to see this running as you will be hosting for the Prizes
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
October 19, 2019, 06:56:33 AM
Great idea, if you will run a free contest which you shoulder the price, this would be really good.
I also voted for the NBA as its going to start soon and as of this writing, its NBA which has the highest vote.

Looking forward... (no edit in this post). Grin
Activity: 2520
Merit: 214
October 19, 2019, 06:13:07 AM
I submitted Basketball(NBA) as my vote because I’m a fan but I also like soccer if allowed to have 2 votes lol

I voted for Soccer and NBA since for me it's the top two well known sports for gamblers here.

I will follow this thread to see what's the mechanics of your betting contest. Good luck bro.
Bookmarked as well for further updates and may exciting site to play

Edit: are we allowed to make 2 votes?lol was thinking to do Soccer as well
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 19, 2019, 05:26:24 AM
Voted for Soccer as my first option and Other sports as my second option(Cricket is my 2nd option). Majority will most likely choose soccer which is why I think this would be the ideal sport for your sports betting contest op.

I think you can choose a site like superbru where interested members can join and vote which is a workaround for the editing issue that you mentioned op.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
October 19, 2019, 05:20:04 AM
I chose Esports.

Not because I do that but also because I can follow some of those.

NBA is also a choice but I picked Esports since there are a lot of them these days. Dota2, CSGO, LoL and other online games can be betted on and with a lot of those games, you will never run out of bets.
Pages:
Jump to: