Pages:
Author

Topic: Spreading the word... - page 2. (Read 351 times)

Activity: 297
Merit: 40
April 18, 2020, 01:29:49 PM
Me: Do you accept any online payment method?
Tea vendor: No sir, only cash.
Me: Why?
Tea vendor: I have no idea about online money transactions, I have heard of many scams also, I am afraid too, cash is much safe for me I am doing it for more then 10 years.
Me: Oh I see, but do you have bank account?
Tea vendor: Yes.
Me: Do you have android phone?
Tea vendor: Yes (he bring it out from his pocket), here it is sir.
Me: If you can allow me, I will install UPI (A platform developed by Indian government for online transaction), through which you can accept payments.
Tea vendor: UPI ?? what??
(I explained about the app little bit, after that he was convinced to give it a try, maybe because he has seen me discussing some issues before with my friends on his tea stall, I do not know but there was trust in his eyes for me..)
Me: OK now the app has installed and I am paying through it, You will receive  an SMS  shortly.
(I paid him and his phone beeped for a SMS saying, 10INR has been credited to your account balance.)
Tea vendor: Oh that was easy, thanks sir. Your next tea will be free from my side, thanks a lot.

After one week...

Me: Things going good? How are online transactions going?
Tea vendor: Good sir I have accepted over 50 transactions.
(He even tries to bring out his phone to show me, to which I said OK OK..)
Me: Do you know about bitcoin?
Tea vendor: No sir?
Me: I am forwarding some YouTube videos in Hindi, please have a look on them...

Now I am really contemplating about his probable response to bitcoin. I do not want him to accept bitcoin right now as a payment method, simply because it is way much more complicated for him and there is also a risk attached to it.
Do you guys any idea about how I should proceed in the matter....  

Pages:
Jump to: