Pages:
Author

Topic: SR $100k+ bitcoin scam - page 3. (Read 9080 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
May 01, 2012, 06:46:55 PM
That is one of the reasons why I really hate SR. There are so many scammers on the site and it's just a mess. Like yes the site has the good things but the site has plenty and I mean plenty of negatives.  Undecided
Activity: 13
May 01, 2012, 06:38:31 PM
Damn... LOL it really sucks for new buyers at SR because you have to finalize early and stuff like this can happen to you :\
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1016
Strength in numbers
April 29, 2012, 02:46:55 PM
why would mt. gox's june hack count but allinvain's claim of coins stolen don't?  allinvain's was a bigger amount, in terms of dollars, but not the biggest in actual bitcoins involved.  that prize goes to the linode hacking.   bitcoinica alone had 40k bitcoins stolen and add to that was smaller chunks from slush and others at the same time.  more than $200k u.s. dollars worth at the time.

sr can probably do what paypal does by holding funds for a couple weeks so that there is less incentive for a seller to attempt this scam.

SR does that but you can 'finalize' early. I don't know why exactly, but I think people do it with trusted sellers.
legendary
Activity: 873
Merit: 1000
April 29, 2012, 02:30:54 PM
why would mt. gox's june hack count but allinvain's claim of coins stolen don't?  allinvain's was a bigger amount, in terms of dollars, but not the biggest in actual bitcoins involved.  that prize goes to the linode hacking.   bitcoinica alone had 40k bitcoins stolen and add to that was smaller chunks from slush and others at the same time.  more than $200k u.s. dollars worth at the time.

sr can probably do what paypal does by holding funds for a couple weeks so that there is less incentive for a seller to attempt this scam.
Activity: 26
April 29, 2012, 01:41:18 PM
If this is real damn bro that is crazy.  Shocked
Activity: 1
April 29, 2012, 06:37:30 AM
Some guy managed to scam a huge amount of bitcoins on 4/20 'sale weekend' where the site doesn't charge escrow fees, so there's a crazy amount of orders. Tony, their so-called Top #1 selling vendor decided to make hundreds of listings that were auto finalized instantly then disappeared. The estimated loss is at least 100k in bitcoins. Has to be the biggest bitcoin scam of all time, even better than the 643BTC that guy goxxed out of MtGox back in 2011. (allinvain huge loss doesn't count, never was any proof). He also lured fools off site to scam an unknown amount through a secret store he set up.

TONY 2012 - invisible drugs

Pages:
Jump to: