Pages:
Author

Topic: Stacks Bowers Again - Summer auction - page 2. (Read 825 times)

Activity: 1113
Merit: 265
Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next
August 09, 2022, 11:03:28 PM
Glad to hear you are involved Elias. Very encouraging.

Steeley
legendary
Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134
The Cryptonumist
August 06, 2022, 03:12:56 PM
Hey guys, just letting you know that I've been collaborating closely with Stacks since their 1st physical crypto auction and am most happy to answer any direct questions via PM, including helping get coins in for upcoming sales.

What's really exciting is that they have the "Double Error" Casascius ending later this month, which will mark the first time one of those has openly been sold. its only the 2nd of 5 to surface so far, and statistically 2/5 have been peeled without the peeler knowing about the super-rarity. This is straight-up the rarest Casascius coin out there that isn't loaded with 1,000 BTC.

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-XS9GA
August 05, 2022, 04:18:54 PM
I’m eager to see what the PCGS-graded, redeemed 25 goes for. I’ve got two of them  Cool

The one up for auction is AU 58, not too great too. Will be very interesting to watch that one.

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
August 05, 2022, 04:07:43 PM
I think it's so awesome that they are using Bitpay to facilitate the transactions!

Bitpay does a great job of introducing bitcoin payments to businesses, and has been for years.

Pretty cool stuff.  This is the first time they’ve auctioned so many and with these lower denominated coins.

I wonder how much armored shipping costs for a non registered business sale, or if it’s even available to just anyone. $500 doesn’t seem too bad. Though I’m curious how much sales and international shipping fees are.

“*Loaded cryptocurrency coins will be reserved at their intrinsic cryptocurrency value on the day of the sale. Lots realizing $25,000 or more will be delivered via armored carrier ONLY. An additional shipping charge of five hundred dollars [$500] will be applied to domestic armored carrier deliveries, with additional fees for remote and international deliveries. Winning bidders may also pay their invoice via BitPay for a 1% fee after authorization by Stack’s Bowers Galleries prior to the sale. Additional terms and conditions apply.”

Good pub. for the forum

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-XS9QM/2020-fresh-ltc-05-litecoin-ltc-loaded-firstbits-lt3tivev-serial-no-282-base-metal-alloy-38-mm-ms-69-icg

I wonder who got the guy to write a discriptction that good.

Sounds like someone familiar with the forum, maybe even a member of Bitcointalk, wrote this.

I’m confident it was written by someone from the forum. At least that’s what makes the most sense.

This is such a big deal for the forum and bitcoin/physical cryptocurrency collectibles. Hopefully other auction houses start to see these items and will start allowing them to be posted for sale on their outlets.
copper member
Activity: 531
Merit: 212
August 01, 2022, 07:23:09 PM
I’m eager to see what the PCGS-graded, redeemed 25 goes for. I’ve got two of them  Cool
August 01, 2022, 04:23:47 PM
I think it's so awesome that they are using Bitpay to facilitate the transactions!

Bitpay does a great job of introducing bitcoin payments to businesses, and has been for years.

Pretty cool stuff.  This is the first time they’ve auctioned so many and with these lower denominated coins.

I wonder how much armored shipping costs for a non registered business sale, or if it’s even available to just anyone. $500 doesn’t seem too bad. Though I’m curious how much sales and international shipping fees are.

“*Loaded cryptocurrency coins will be reserved at their intrinsic cryptocurrency value on the day of the sale. Lots realizing $25,000 or more will be delivered via armored carrier ONLY. An additional shipping charge of five hundred dollars [$500] will be applied to domestic armored carrier deliveries, with additional fees for remote and international deliveries. Winning bidders may also pay their invoice via BitPay for a 1% fee after authorization by Stack’s Bowers Galleries prior to the sale. Additional terms and conditions apply.”

Good pub. for the forum

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-XS9QM/2020-fresh-ltc-05-litecoin-ltc-loaded-firstbits-lt3tivev-serial-no-282-base-metal-alloy-38-mm-ms-69-icg

Sounds like someone familiar with the forum, maybe even a member of Bitcointalk, wrote this.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 960
100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!
August 01, 2022, 02:19:53 AM

Pretty cool stuff.  This is the first time they’ve auctioned so many and with these lower denominated coins.

Good pub. for the forum

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
July 30, 2022, 04:22:39 AM

Good pub. for the forum

Activity: 440
Merit: 41
Holder of last resort
July 30, 2022, 02:02:20 AM
copper member
Activity: 1211
Merit: 250
July 30, 2022, 12:32:15 AM
That's awesome thanks for sharing
Pages:
Jump to: