Pages:
Author

Topic: Staff Hypocrisy and Selective Enforcement of Rules - page 3. (Read 6964 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
no longer selling accounts
The only reason to care about the exclusion is that you want to be in the default trust network and have your own feedback show up for everyone else by default. The other effects you seem to be upset about are non-existent.

You summed it up here. the feedback which would have been visible to those in the default trust is not not visible, effectively lowering my visible trust rating for the VAST MAJORITY of the users here. So no, it really does exist because I earned those trust ratings, now suddenly they are effectively negated, but of course "trust is not moderated".
The fact that you are in default trust (or that you are not in default trust) is not going to affect your trust score. Your trust score is determined by the received feedback that you got from your trading partners.

Your trust score is lowered because you have a negative trust rating from Vod
Activity: 532
no longer selling accounts
So if some one who trusts me also trusts the default trust, then I become untrusted.

That's not how it works. If someone adds you directly to their trust list, then no exclusions will cause you to be removed.

Your constant obsessive ramblings about this prove that you don't belong in the default trust network.

It does in fact cascade down the default trust and make sure only people who explicitly add me or do not add default trust, trust me, and even then those people who trust me do not factor into my own trust rating score. You for some reason felt it was appropriate to nuke my years worth of trust earned for a single trust rating you personally did not approve of in addition to removing me from the default trust (which I never once asked to be on BTW, and still don't want to). After all you do not moderate trust right?

I get removing me from the default trust list, that is fine if the rules are the same for everybody, but if you do not moderate trust ratings why did you exclude me, harming my trust score, because of a single rating I left that you demanded I remove but I refused? That sure seems like moderation of the trust to me. I tried to have a private discussion with you, but you are unwilling to communicate with me, turning me to the general public of the forum.

Trust exclusions are just a back door way for you and the highest ranking in the trust to take quiet retribution upon contributing members who have worked to build their reputations while not taking responsibility for it because no one really sees it, unlike a trust rating where you have to explain yourself and everyone can see it.
The reason why theymos has you excluded from his trust list is because he does not trust your sent trust ratings, and that you are on someone else's (blazr) trust list who is on his trust list. If theymos did not exclude you from his trust list then he would see your sent trust by default because theymos has blazr on his trust list and blazr has you on his trust list (he would trust you via blazr)

I didn't look into it, however I assume that BadBear has you excluded for similar reasons.

If someone were to have a trust depth set to "2" then there are actually three levels of trust, level 0 (this is your trust list), level 1 (this is made up of the people who are one level 0 have on their trust list), and level 2 (this is made up of the people who are on level 1 have on their trust list).

If you are on level 0 of someone's trust list, then your trust ratings automatically show up. If you are on one or more person's level 1 trust list and are excluded by equal to or less then the same number of people on level 1 then your trust ratings will show up. This is regardless of how many people exclude you on level two.

So if user "A" were to only have you and DefaultTrust on their trust list then your trust ratings will show up. If user "B" were to only have user "A'  on their trust list then their trust network would be made up of everyone on "level 1" of DefaultTrust, you and everyone on your trust list.

In another example, if user "C" were to have both you and theymos in their trust list, then your ratings would still show up. If user "D" only had user "C" in their trust list then your ratings would show up because user "C" has you in their trust list and low levels of a trust network override anything that a higher level does.

I think you should probably drop your signature, and remove the negative trust that you left for Armis. (also your PGP key will not import with the way you have it formatted in your profile - I would suggest having a link to the public key in a keyserver with either the short ID or the fingerprint).

I do admit that you do appear to have a much more level head regarding the trust system as of recently and I do agree that a lot of your points regarding some people in the default trust network abusing their position do have merit.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
The only reason to care about the exclusion is that you want to be in the default trust network and have your own feedback show up for everyone else by default. The other effects you seem to be upset about are non-existent.

You summed it up here. the feedback which would have been visible to those in the default trust is not not visible, effectively lowering my visible trust rating for the VAST MAJORITY of the users here. So no, it really does exist because I earned those trust ratings, now suddenly they are effectively negated, but of course "trust is not moderated".

You are a liar - therefore not trustworthy.  Your ratings should NOT show up in the trusted feedback, because there is a good chance they are lies.   Undecided
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever

Vod
legendary
You for some reason felt it was appropriate to nuke my years worth of trust earned for a single trust rating you personally did not approve of

YOU for some reason feel it is appropriate to nuke my three years worth of trust earned for a single trust rating you personally do not approve of.   Undecided

I know it is hard for you to have an original thought, but please try harder than this refractory drivel. Here is how it went:

1. I criticized your abusive behavior (multiple abusive ratings for personal issues that were non scam related)
2. You left me a negative trust rating because you did not like me talking critically of your behavior, ironically trying to prove you do not abuse your position on the default trust... by abusing your position on the default trust to attempt to intimidate me into silence.
3. I then started advocating for your removal from the default trust.

In short, it is not at all the same thing. Sorry to spoil your mindless soundbite type response.

Let's write out how it actually happened.   Wink

1. In November 2014 you started posting lies about me, stating I was protected by forum admins, in an effort to have me removed from the default trust list.  Those lies continue to this day, in almost every thread you post in, despite being told multiple times that the forum admins are not protecting me.  Badbear even removed me from his trust!
2. In January 2015 I realized you would not stop lying and left you negative trust, CLEARLY stating that you were lying about me in an effort to have me removed from default trust.  This negative trust is based on facts and no way abusive.  Yet you continue to lie and say it is abusive.
3. In March 2015, based on continued lies from you that it was untrue, I located a reference link and added it to the trust.  As you pointed out, the reference link was *after* the initial trust, so I then went and found a quote from November where you lied about me, proving my trust was valid.  

In short, you feel it is appropriate to nuke my three years worth of trust earned for a single VALID trust rating you personally do not approve of.   Undecided   Same thing you claim Theymos did to you.  Your hatred and jealousy will not allow you to see your hypocrisy.  

Don't feel offended if I reply less often to your posts.  Your lies have been proven and I, like everyone else, is getting sick of your constant twisting of my words.  

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
It does in fact cascade down the default trust and make sure only people who explicitly add me or do not add default trust, trust me, and even then those people who trust me do not factor into my own trust rating score.

I don't think you understand how the trust system works. Excluding you does not affect feedback left by others, your trust score has not been "harmed" by exclusions, It only makes your feedback show up as untrusted for those who don't add you to their trust list.

I get removing me from the default trust list, that is fine if the rules are the same for everybody, but if you do not moderate trust ratings why did you exclude me, harming my trust score, because of a single rating I left that you demanded I remove but I refused? That sure seems like moderation of the trust to me. I tried to have a private discussion with you, but you are unwilling to communicate with me, turning me to the general public of the forum.

If you're fine with not being in default trust, then I don't understand why you care about the exclusion. People who trust you still trust you, feedback left for you isn't affected. The only reason to care about the exclusion is that you want to be in the default trust network and have your own feedback show up for everyone else by default. The other effects you seem to be upset about are non-existent.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
You for some reason felt it was appropriate to nuke my years worth of trust earned for a single trust rating you personally did not approve of

YOU for some reason feel it is appropriate to nuke my three years worth of trust earned for a single trust rating you personally do not approve of.   Undecided

I know it is hard for you to have an original thought, but please try harder than this refractory drivel. Here is how it went:

1. I criticized your abusive behavior (multiple abusive ratings for personal issues that were non scam related)
2. You left me a negative trust rating because you did not like me talking critically of your behavior, ironically trying to prove you do not abuse your position on the default trust... by abusing your position on the default trust to attempt to intimidate me into silence.
3. I then started advocating for your removal from the default trust.

In short, it is not at all the same thing. Sorry to spoil your mindless soundbite type response.
Vod
legendary

YOU for some reason feel it is appropriate to nuke my three years worth of trust earned for a single trust rating you personally do not approve of.   Undecided
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
So if some one who trusts me also trusts the default trust, then I become untrusted.

That's not how it works. If someone adds you directly to their trust list, then no exclusions will cause you to be removed.

Your constant obsessive ramblings about this prove that you don't belong in the default trust network.

It does in fact cascade down the default trust and make sure only people who explicitly add me or do not add default trust, trust me, and even then those people who trust me do not factor into my own trust rating score. You for some reason felt it was appropriate to nuke my years worth of trust earned for a single trust rating you personally did not approve of in addition to removing me from the default trust (which I never once asked to be on BTW, and still don't want to). After all you do not moderate trust right?

Trust exclusions are just a back door way for you and the highest ranking in the trust to take quiet retribution upon contributing members who have worked to build their reputations while not taking responsibility for it because no one really sees it, unlike a trust rating where you have to explain yourself and everyone can see it.
Vod
legendary

We all support your decision, Theymos.
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850

legendary
First Exclusion Ever
If TECSHARE doesn't deserve Default Trust, almost nobody does.  Especially not that begging, hectoring collectivist Bitchnellski.

He's not in defaulttrust?

Nope. I was removed over a single negative trust rating dispute. Of course this is acceptable for people like Vod, but not any one else.
I also got to be the VERY FIRST test case for trust exclusions (amazing the timing of the creation of this "feature"). Theymos excluded me over this, basically in effect putting a permanent cap on my trust ranking and nuking 3 years of hard earned trust, because no matter how many people trust me, Theymos will always rank higher. So if some one who trusts me also trusts the default trust, then I become untrusted. Of course, Theymos does not moderate trust ratings!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
If TECSHARE doesn't deserve Default Trust, almost nobody does.  Especially not that begging, hectoring collectivist Bitchnellski.

He's not in defaulttrust?
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
More proof that the rules are for everyone... except staff, mods, and their pals.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=915823.0;all
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
In the end why are you so bothered? Your buyers can see your feedback and see that you are a reputed seller.

If TECSHARE doesn't deserve Default Trust, almost nobody does.  Especially not that begging, hectoring collectivist Bitchnellski.

I'm not bothered, but rather amused at the absurdity of the fiasco which is the BTCT Trust ranking system.

Satoshi, after years of others trying to fine-tune and prevent gaming of decentralized online trust consensus systems, cut that Gordian Knot with his PoW blockchain.

What incendiary irony that His Holy Forum struggles with and bickers over its centralized, politicized, at-best minimally useful Trust ranking system.

Yes, yes.  We know.  It's For The ChildrenTM (IE noobs).  Of course.

How's that working out for us?  Are we free from the Paycoins of the world yet?  Has the trust system done anything but sow conflict and create rancorous distractions?
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
You also point out that many other members in default trust give out trust ratings for similar reasons (I believe you mentioned Vod as an example). What distinguishes them from you is that if a valid complaint were to be made against one of their trust ratings and there was a consensus that they were wrong to give such a rating, they would probably remove it, while you refused to do so.
Really? Here is several people making complaints about it... I don't see anything being done or even replies being made.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-police-trust-abuser-865244
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=742484.0;all
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=865235.0;all
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/badbear-scammed-me-out-of-my-account-873763

In the end why are you so bothered? Your buyers can see your feedback and see that you are a reputed seller.
I am bothered because I did not instigate this. I tried reporting the user's posts but I was ignored. Once I took action against him he goes and cries as if I tried to perpetrate something on him and as if he was minding his own business. The staff licked it up and used it as a convenient example to others that they should obey "or else". Now I am on the default trust list as untrusted x2, effectively taking from me something I rightfully earned with my hard work. They are acting as if my reputation was granted to me and is theirs to take from me but it is not. I EARNED IT, and punishing me punitively for not following their dictates after submitting to the demands of a troll is just insult to injury.

Furthermore even beyond my individual case, this policy of moderating trust by using default trust removal as leverage against users is VERY DESTRUCTIVE to this community and simply allows trolls to use the staff to tear apart this community with the staff's own hands.
Activity: 593
1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Vod did the same thing to me. He REMOVED the feedback before he got removed from DefaultTrust.

You only removed the feedback AFTER you got removed from DefaultTrust. That's why you are not coming back.

Your negative feedback for Armis AT ALL (even with 0 BTC risked) is abuse of the trust system. Armis didn't do shit, he did everyone else a favor revealing that you're selling overpriced shit

Mods, please strip tecshare of his legendary status

But Vod still originally "abused" the DefaultTrust on you, didn't he?
Just like he he did it on a few other posters.
I remember he gave Evershawn a fake feedback a while ago and after Evershawn fought back and proved he lied, he changed the content of the feedback.
There was another Sr. member from earlier this year that I can't remember that Vod gave a false feedback to. The guy just gave up after being hounded in his thread by people who excused Vod's false feeback.

Why the double standards?
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
This thread is a perfect example of how this happens ALL THE TIME on thee forums and the mods and staff pick and choose who they want to coerce and harass and who they want to excuse, therefore dictating the content and context of trust to their liking

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/thebutterzone-removed-from-default-trust-858730
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
In response to hilariousanco https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9494375

"...And I was directed to this thread actually, by Techshare via PM asking if I could "give him some support" and I suspect he did the same to you, but as usual people start crying about there being a conspiracy or the mods are abusing their power blah blah blah when something just hasn't gone their way and they were in the wrong."

I asked you for some support here because before this happened I had worked with you to resolve issues of people who had lost credibility on my trust list, indicating that I actually did take actions to help to preserve the trust list's accuracy, but clearly asking for some one to speak on my integrity when it is being questioned is shilling. This whole time you are accusing me of acting excessively but no one seems to understand that you yourselves operate that way, looking for any reason or excuse to attack me or twist activity that happens here on a daily basis into some kind of horrific insufferable travesty that can't be forgiven. There is no conspiracy, just a lot of hypocrisy.

Vod did the same thing to me. He REMOVED the feedback before he got removed from DefaultTrust.

You only removed the feedback AFTER you got removed from DefaultTrust. That's why you are not coming back.

Your negative feedback for Armis AT ALL (even with 0 BTC risked) is abuse of the trust system. Armis didn't do shit, he did everyone else a favor revealing that you're selling overpriced shit

Mods, please strip tecshare of his legendary status
Actually I removed the value to the feedback rating at the request of the moderators first. I was given the distinct impression from them that this was all they were concerned about. After I did this then they decided to try to coerce me to remove my trust. They provided me ZERO support when I reported it then punish me for defending myself from harassment. If my "shit" is so over priced (at cost), how would I ever sell anything if it is so unfair? He was NOT there to warn people, if that was the case he would have posted and then LEFT. Instead he hung around and kept making insulting, rude, and harassing posts.

He was there for his own entertainment. You claim my negative trust is an abuse, but some how everyone else on the forum is allowed to use their trust in this way (including those on default trust). What they took issue with was the fact that I was using it as leverage (my only means of action) to get Armis to stop harassing me and delete his posts in my marketplace OPs. He refused and decided on escalation (which is why the feedback won't be removed). I gave him an opportunity to have it removed but instead he opted to attack me further. Then in a largely missed irony they then used my removal from the trust system as coercion to force me to change my supposedly unmoderated trust. BTW the threats are classy and drive home your point Wink It is funny how this community claims to be so free, progressive, and morally unregulated but when someone disagrees with a "popular" stance they are threatened and harassed until they submit to what the group decides.

Pages:
Jump to: