Pages:
Author

Topic: Stake.com completely unfair MLB live bet void - page 2. (Read 395 times)

legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130
Nobody from Stake here to reply on my detailed posts?
Since you just post your thread on stake's main thread, i hope they can give you reply ASAP they noticed it. Ussually Stunna (sometimes MICRO), will give you an explanation regarding your problem on here with Stake. They don't let hope your down though, as they are one of best gambling site
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
I actually had the same bet in Sportsbet too (they use the same odds provider so this was void there too) and I just got word from Sportsbet that they agree with me that this was an unfair void and they paid me out my winnings for this bet. So see Stake, not every decision your odds provider makes has to be blindly followed. They make mistakes too and do unfair things. There is always a way to do justice to the customer! Hope you can do the only fair thing here and do the same as Sportsbet did.

Hi Jason,

I have been stung by late voided bets in the past and it is certainly frustrating.

Its a part of the sports betting industry as you are aware of and its not ideal.

Looking at your account, I'm happy to pay your bet out as a winner as a gesture of goodwill. 73 mbtc.

Give me a few minutes to process the transaction and there is no restrictions on the payments.

In regards to the Trustpilot post, if you could edit to show the latest development in agreement, that would be very generous of you.

Apologies for the concern and thanks for sticking around with us.
Inbox me any time.

regards,

Steve.
Sportsbet.io
Nobody from Stake here to reply on my detailed posts?
What screenshot would you want? The screenshot of the 2 void bets?

And is Stunna a person who works for Stake?
anything that shows that the issue actually happened. don't me wrong I am not trying to say that you are lying or anything. it's just that, having a screenshot proving the issue actually happened along with your scam accusation usually helps your case.

also, as stated above stunna is part of their team and is usually active here in the forum.

Okay here we go:

Here you can see I actually placed the 2 bets I mentioned and that they got void:
https://imgur.com/Ww4E5FN

This past night I was watching the MLB odds to get some proof together that the odds I bet on were actually quite normal for a tied game with the home team still half an inning to go. The exact same game was this night as well (Dodgers at home against the Angels) and as you can see the odds were very comparable. As you can see, in the break between bottom 7th, top 8th inning the odds were: 1.35 vs 3,30:
https://imgur.com/rtXYlGC

Then after the Angels didn't score in their top of the 8th, and the Dodgers started the bottom of the 8th (screenshot taken a few seconds too late to catch the actual break between innings but you can see in the data that there are no men on base and no outs, so this is essentially the same as during the break. Dodgers are even bigger favourite here with 1.18 vs 5.10:
https://imgur.com/WtVFNmq

Unfortunately the Dodgers scored 2 runs in the bottom of the 8th, so I could not take a screenshot of the odds in the break between top 9th and bottom 9th with a tied score, but I am 99% sure they would have been identical to the odds I bet on.....around 1,40 vs 3,10

Then I also took a screenshot of another comparable game. The favourite Padres at home against the Diamondbacks at a score of 2-2, with the Padres still half an inning more to go (break top 7th, bottom 7th) they also have comparable odds as the ones I took: 1.35 vs 3.35:
https://imgur.com/1yFYSLr

And one inning earlier the odds were basically the same also: 1.35 vs 3.30 with the Padres still half an inning extra to go (break top 6th, bottom 6th):
https://imgur.com/Jwdeyld

As you can see, it is basically always the same. If a pre-match home team which is a favourite still has an extra inning to go (which is the case when a top of an inning has been played but the bottom still to go) and the score is tied, you will always see odds around 1.30-1.35 for the home team. In the case of the Dodgers last night even 1.18 at some point. So the odds of 2.95 and 3.20 for the away team were definitely not wrong. If anything they were more too low than too high!

Tonight the Dodgers play the Angels again.....and guess what....odds are 1,29 vs 3,65 right now.....also very comparable again.
I will be watching MLB games closely again the upcoming days and if I find tied games of a pre-match favourite home team I will try to make more screenshots. But I can already guarantee they will look the same as the ones above.

Ofcourse I do understand that Stake does not make these odds themselves and they have an external party for that. But I do find they take the side of the provider way too easily without listening to the other side of the story. You know what I think: perhaps this live trader of the provider gets paid per profit per game and maybe he had a bad game and the underdog winning cost him his bonus or salary of the day. And he decided to just void some bets to make the stats of his trading look better.
Two things are for sure: 1) the odds were not frozen, they were moving in small increments in between 2,90 and 3,20 all the time in a time span of some minutes. So business as usual and no sign of anything wrong.
2) I was not trying to take advantage of wrong odds. If realized I was betting on wrong odds and wanted to profit from it I could have cashed out with a nice profit once the Angels survived the bottom of the 9th and started taking the lead in the 10th. But I didn't.

I truly hope someone at Stake can reply here. Even if the system cannot change the bet from void to won, you can still credit me the missing amounts in the form of a manual bonus. This is only fair. Because especially in live betting you have to be really really careful with voids, cause a bet is won or lost in a matter of minutes at that point. If you void a pre-match bet it's way less impactful as then there is no advantage or disadvantage yet and the user still has the chance to place the bet at another bookmaker, which is something I didn't have the chance for in this case.
In my opinion, voiding should be something really rare (one in 10.000 bets or so) and only to correct clearly wrong odds such a typo's or inversed odds.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1087

anything that shows that the issue actually happened. don't get me wrong I am not trying to say that you are lying or anything. it's just that, having a screenshot proving the issue actually happened along with your scam accusation usually helps your case.

also, as stated above stunna is part of their team and is usually active here in the forum.
would you mind sharing screenshots to back up your claim? an accusation like this is always preferable to have a piece of evidence with it to show that there is an issue that needed to be solved. also, stunna does reply to this kind of issue here in the forum so you might get a reply from him about your current issue with their website.

Stunna is an Admin there and one of the part owners i believe. hes active here somtimes

Okay I really hope he can answer in here. I'm a reasonable guy and cannot just accept a void like this.
Activity: 887
Merit: 151
would you mind sharing screenshots to back up your claim? an accusation like this is always preferable to have a piece of evidence with it to show that there is an issue that needed to be solved. also, stunna does reply to this kind of issue here in the forum so you might get a reply from him about your current issue with their website.

Stunna is an Admin there and one of the part owners i believe. hes active here somtimes

legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1087
I'm a Gold VIP customer at Stake and I just had a horrible experience.
I was betting live on MLB this night and watching the game Dodgers-Angels live. I felt there might be an upset in the air and placed 2 bets on the Angels. One for 30 mbtc @ 2,95 and one for 15 mbtc @ 3.20. This was during the bottom of the 9th inning at a 2-2 score when the Dodgers had a "free" chance to win the game before the 10th inning would start. So it's pretty normal that the Dodgers were the clear favourite at this point and these odds of 2,95 to 3.20 on the Angels did not look out of order at all. Look at some other MLB games where a pre-match favourite is batting in the bottom of the 9th and you will see comparable odds all the time. For example I saw a 1.42 vs 3.10 odds in another MLB game in the bottom of the 9th inning even earlier today but didn't bet on it.

So the bet started to look well....Dodgers did not score in the 9th inning so it went to extra innings. And in the top of the 10th inning the Angels took a 4-2 lead and had several men on base. So at this point my bet was looking to be a clear winner already. I was cheering and happy that this bet would make up for some earlier losses. And then to my complete shock I suddenly saw my balance getting higher and I thought what is happening here? I looked at the 2 bets and they were being settled as void.....I am in complete disbelief that your odds provider has the audacity to do this. I went to livechat and support told me that the odds provider thought there were wrong odds offered. And super conveniently for them they found out just at the moment that my bet was a 99% certain winner.....wow. I am pretty sure they would not have void it if the Dodgers would have won it, like most people would expect.

I understand you have rules in place to protect you from obvious mistakes and you can void in rare cases. But if this is an obvious mistake.....then you can basically void every bet you want. Like I said, a pre-match favourite with a chance to win the game in the 9th inning....should be big favourite so the opponent should indeed get odds around 3. You will see this all the time. These odds were not clearly wrong. And I must also say your odds were constantly moving, from 2.70 to 3.30 all the time around this period. So it's not like the system was stuck or something.

And I can also tell the odds for the Angels were 2.30 after the 9th inning was over. This 2.30 was completely in line with the odds around 3 which I took about 10 minutes earlier when the Dodgers still had their 9th inning to win the game in.

All Stake said was that the odds provider made an error and offered wrong odds. And that they could do nothing about it. End of story.

I find this very unhelpful and it scares me that even normal looking odds on such a big event can be judged as wrong and therefore you can never be sure if your bet will actually be paid out if your selection wins. Also the voiding time was right at the moment when the bet had 99% sure won and this is very filthy behaviour.

I hope Stake can still solve this for me. Does not have to be by re-grading the bets but just a manual bonus credit of the missing winnings would also do. There is always a way. They can PM me if they want to solve things and I will ofcourse update this thread if the solve it.

And in the upcoming days I will also post screenshots of comparable MLB odds on a clear pre-match favourite in the bottom of the 9th inning to show that their odds were not obviously wrong.
Pages:
Jump to: