Pages:
Author

Topic: Stakenet VS Komodo. Atomic Swaps / Lightning Swaps DEX - page 3. (Read 513 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 10
Most times "decentralization" is just a fad,what concerns people is "CONVENIENCE"

Agreed, and Stakenet is exactly that. I think you'd be surprised if you actually tried out their new multi currency wallet. (with Lightning swaps, and TOR integration). It's in beta testing, so you need to join their Discord server, and ask to test it, from what I've seen and heard, it works pretty damn well!
Still waiting for an official release Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
Most times "decentralization" is just a fad,what concerns people is "CONVENIENCE"
Why not both? Let's compare buying an altcoin the traditional way vs. buying an altcoin with Stakenet:
1.) Traditional way - register an account at a centralized exchange and possibly wait x amount of days for withdrawals to be enabled from the account so you can send BTC there and, finally, buy the alt whenever the BTC finally comes through (that in itself can take forever). From there, install the alt's wallet on your computer and then send it back to that wallet.
2.) Send BTC to Stakenet Wallet, press a button to swap and maybe another to confirm the swap. No centralized authorities, no waiting for an account to be "verified", no accounts! Just your private wallet and your private keys.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
I look forward to more competition in this field, but I think lightning swaps will put Stakenet miles ahead of the competition for some time to come.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Komodo team spent ICO half a year ago. Their project, Red Fox, fails like the entire Barterlly and K64 ecosystem.
For example, the price RFOX for 6 days fell by about 50 percent.
August 26, price  0.0392
August 31, price  0,0214
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I too am an investor in both projects and think they have potential, but will release it in different ways in the future.

Key-point of Komodo is not DEX, they have different services for different meanings.
Key-point of Stakenet is building a LN blockchain and everything has its focus on this, DEX is one of their services.

Komodo is less focussed than Stakenet, so it's less performing from a blockchain-perspective, since their purpose is providing different services each one independent from others.
While Stakenet has all its services which rounds around their Blockchain and devs focussed their energies to make it perfect.

I mean, they will be both great in the future, but the core logic of their development is different, so it's hard to compare them!

(if the post only meant a DEX-perspective.. well, Stakenet wins, no doubt)
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
Komodo is a decent project, which I've been following since the start of 2017, had a great run and their developers seem to know what they're doing. I did see their Atomic Swap test, and was impressed by it, but quickly realized that it's gonna take some real nerds to actually believe in it, and use it for daily trading. It's slow when you think about it. 9 seconds seems like a quick trading time, but in reality, it's like using the internet with 56kbit modem back in the early 2000's.

I believe Stakenet's DEX solution is far more promising, with near instant transactions, privacy, and lower fees. Sure it's a newer project, and they have to prove themselves more than KMD, but it looks promising so far.
Activity: 352
Merit: 3
Is it already alive?
I have a question that i wanna ask the team about that and when the atomic swap will be alive and how can i get the best rate to swap my token? this should be the main question in the atomic swap service but it looks like stakenet needs more time to go.
Komodo has very well explained about its atomic swap mechanism.

The team behind Komodo recently did a test swap on their DEX, and I believe it took like 9 mins for a trade. It concerns me a lot, since I don't think the vast majority of people is gonna care that much, when centralized exchanges offers the same, but faster?
This is why I made this thread - I truly believe Stakenet's DEX solution is superior compared to KMD. Time will tell though  Wink
Activity: 569
Merit: 250
Is it already alive?
I have a question that i wanna ask the team about that and when the atomic swap will be alive and how can i get the best rate to swap my token? this should be the main question in the atomic swap service but it looks like stakenet needs more time to go.
Komodo has very well explained about its atomic swap mechanism.
Activity: 352
Merit: 3
Disclaimer: I'm an investor in both projects, so I'm biased.

So recently I've been reading up A LOT on decentralized trading, and peer to peer transactions. All these complaints on KYC submissions on various exchanges makes me confident that DEX's is gonna blow up in the future. This is EXACTLY why I decided to buy into Komodo, since I believe they'll be a huge player in the next alt season. Their Atomic DEX provides peer to peer trading via atomic swaps, but their recent test transactions took about 9 minutes, and that's quite som time to sit and wait compared to centralized exchange trading, hence why I understand why people don't like the DEX solutions currently available.

Next we got Stakenet, who's building a Lightning DEX, providing offchain peer to peer transactions, with near instant transactions, and lower fees. Lightning hasn't been easy to implement on Bitcoin, and there's a lot of doubters, but from what I've seen, this looks extremely promising, for a lot of reasons:

1) Nobody needs to sync with the DEX to use it, since all the chains is held by the masternodes running the DEX.
2) No KYC
3) No Registration process, just straight trading.

Comparing these 2 projects is hard, but it's obvious that I'm actually starting to be way more bullish on Stakenet, since I believe instant transactions will make people actually USE the DEX.

Not a fan of the whole "Binance DEX", since it's not a DEX in the first place. All the transactions is verified by Binance themselves (they own all the nodes), which isn't decentralized at all.

I'll hold both projects, since Komodo is the "safer" investment for now I guess, but I'm sure Stakenet will eventually outperform them.
Thoughts? Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: