Pages:
Author

Topic: Standard forum sales rules/etiquette - page 2. (Read 364 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
May 03, 2019, 10:48:21 AM
Guys,

It is really quite useless for me to post so many deals in so many different countries of so many different brands of ASICs all in the same thread. It woul be a management nightmare for me as a broker.

I think it is reasonable to have one post per offer. Each post I make is a different seller/offer and if I combine them all into one, I would have no clue which seller/product someone is referring to when they reply to a post.

I think older posts should simply just drop off to Page 2. It's fair to say that older posts might very well become stale and the OP might not even care about the post after a few weeks. If the owner of a post on page two wants to get their post back on page 1, just update it or bump it or something (according to the rules).

I'm just explaining it from my prospective as an active broker who buys and sells from different people every day. If I had to combine everything into one post, there is no way to get any attention whatsoever for a new offer that I have available.

Are you saying that you want me to continually post to one topics so that every day my post will always be at the very top? That way, it would have hundreds of replies within a few weeks and would ALWAYS get the most attentions, but not necessarily the RIGHT attention.

I need the ability to post different topics for different brands of miners and for different types of offers from various sellers and buyers of mine. Lumping them all into one post would really make bitcointalk useless for me.

Scott

I spoke with you on telegram.  the issue is  your format is perfect for telegram  because you get an endless scroll just for your company.

and you get a pm section also for you.

Activity: 463
Merit: 309
May 03, 2019, 10:45:42 AM
Guys,

It is really quite useless for me to post so many deals in so many different countries of so many different brands of ASICs all in the same thread. It woul be a management nightmare for me as a broker.

I think it is reasonable to have one post per offer. Each post I make is a different seller/offer and if I combine them all into one, I would have no clue which seller/product someone is referring to when they reply to a post.

I think older posts should simply just drop off to Page 2. It's fair to say that older posts might very well become stale and the OP might not even care about the post after a few weeks. If the owner of a post on page two wants to get their post back on page 1, just update it or bump it or something (according to the rules).

I'm just explaining it from my prospective as an active broker who buys and sells from different people every day. If I had to combine everything into one post, there is no way to get any attention whatsoever for a new offer that I have available.

Are you saying that you want me to continually post to one topics so that every day my post will always be at the very top? That way, it would have hundreds of replies within a few weeks and would ALWAYS get the most attentions, but not necessarily the RIGHT attention.

I need the ability to post different topics for different brands of miners and for different types of offers from various sellers and buyers of mine. Lumping them all into one post would really make bitcointalk useless for me.

Scott
Kaboom does it really well.

If it's such a nightmare, put an offer id or something and have a spreadsheet with the offer ID's.

If that's a huge deal, divey out 3 threads, NA, EU and Asia. I'm actually more inclined to look at the larger threads than the smaller ones, for instance once you put ebit I say no thank you and keep scrolling. Yet I check on the bigger threads daily to see if anything was added.
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 32
May 03, 2019, 10:28:32 AM
Guys,

Scott
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1415
May 03, 2019, 10:26:07 AM
I have asked offordscott to combine his posts.

I have also purchased from offordscott using PayPal.

Hopefully he will combine posts.

The other person noordminers seemed to have reduced to combined his posts.

So a thank you to him.

Thanks Phil.  It keeps the board clean and ultimately they will have more sales from one post versus the spam attack method.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
May 03, 2019, 10:15:27 AM
I have asked offordscott to combine his posts.

I have also purchased from offordscott using PayPal.

Hopefully he will combine posts.

The other person noordminers seemed to have reduced to combined his posts.

So a thank you to him.
legendary
May 03, 2019, 07:02:07 AM
pinning @noordminers  Roll Eyes

can't an admin actually close topics here or is it against the rules and liberties ?

We started using this tactic because we saw members like offordscott doing this...  Smiley
If it bothers members so much admins can combine all our threads into one.

Why do you have to wait on the mods to do it.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/unofficial-list-of-official-bitcointalkorg-rules-guidelines-faq-703657

Check rule #30, cant you just play the way everyone else does and keep the forum clean or is that too much of a task?
Activity: 27
Merit: 1
May 03, 2019, 04:32:49 AM
pinning @noordminers  Roll Eyes

can't an admin actually close topics here or is it against the rules and liberties ?

We started using this tactic because we saw members like offordscott doing this...  Smiley
If it bothers members so much admins can combine all our threads into one.
Activity: 628
Merit: 504
May 03, 2019, 01:23:11 AM
pinning @noordminers  Roll Eyes

legendary
May 02, 2019, 05:47:36 PM
This isn't a for sale so maybe not proper here,  but for anyone who has multiple hardware items for sale list them in one thread dont make multiple threads for each item.  It's actually listed as one of the forum rules and prevents other sales being pushed to page 2 right away.  We all have to play nice in the sandbox or it doesn't work for anyone.
Pages:
Jump to: