Pages:
Author

Topic: Starbucks drops hint at plans to accept Bitcoin - page 3. (Read 2579 times)

Activity: 179
Merit: 16
Thats why crypto is very important in our daily lives its makes our daily living in a easy way like this . If some big restaurant and fastfood accepting bitcoin too as a fee its a big help to all crypto users and also the community . As of now i see some business that use bitcoin as a fee many of that is in here in my country.
Well, it would actually be more important if we start seeing more of it in reality. Right now, I still feel we have a very long way to go, but at least, Starbucks making such a move is a start. At least, I want to believe that with LN, the chances of hitting the mainstream adoption level will be there.

For what it is worth though, if we get to see more shops, stores, merchants doing the needful by accepting bitcoin or cryptocurrencies as form of payment at the moment, it would really help in a great way to increase people who make use of it for real life purposes and not just for store of value.

The regular person does not care about storing value. They live paycheck-to-paycheck so any chance of mass acceptance is dependent on people having means of spending their paychecks on daily needs in crypto. Maybe this, by default, will make the average person more competent in what it takes and means to store value and everyone will have a chance to raise their standard of living.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I'm not too surprised about the fact that starbuck has accepted bitcoin as the payment unit. Because the giants in the world are slowly adopting it, such as microsoft or dell ,,, those things increase the trust of bitcoin up. And now I can also enjoy a starbuck coffee without having to pay cash
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
Thats why crypto is very important in our daily lives its makes our daily living in a easy way like this . If some big restaurant and fastfood accepting bitcoin too as a fee its a big help to all crypto users and also the community . As of now i see some business that use bitcoin as a fee many of that is in here in my country.
Well, it would actually be more important if we start seeing more of it in reality. Right now, I still feel we have a very long way to go, but at least, Starbucks making such a move is a start. At least, I want to believe that with LN, the chances of hitting the mainstream adoption level will be there.

For what it is worth though, if we get to see more shops, stores, merchants doing the needful by accepting bitcoin or cryptocurrencies as form of payment at the moment, it would really help in a great way to increase people who make use of it for real life purposes and not just for store of value.
Activity: 445
Merit: 10
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
But it is a risky strategy. If Bitcoin does not really become a great electronic coin, its worth less than it is now, it's definitely a disaster for Startbucks. But I think taking bitcoin is a good thing for this business. Because their products are only for the upper class and the Crypto investors belong to that class. So they will attract more customers.
Activity: 672
Merit: 14
More and more big businesses and companies will integrate Bitcoin into their payment systems. Bitcoin is still young in the system and with time, as the people become familiar with it and patronize it, these companies will shift in the attention and interest of the people. Also, as more and more companies adopts Bitcoin payment, it will set their competitors on their toes to also adopt it in order to stay live in the business. This is another great step towards the brighter future of Bitcoin and the entire crypto space.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
Back in May, reports surfaced that New York Stock Exchange owner Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) was developing a Bitcoin trading platform. This morning, it officially announced the creation of Bakkt, a new company that will help trade and convert the best known cryptocurrency to fiat money — government-backed legal tender.

As one might expect from a new company with close ties to the NYSE, Bakkt has enlisted some big names already, including backing from Microsoft, Starbucks and BCG. Microsoft, for its part, will provide cloud infrastructure for the service. Even more compelling, however, is the involvement of Starbucks.

After all, the coffee giant has played an outsized role in helping mainstream mobile payments among the U.S. population, it has worked with Square (which accepts Bitcoin) and it just announced a deal with Alibaba in China for coffee deliveries. The chain isn’t always the first to adopt payment solutions, but its involvement goes a long ways toward legitimizing technologies among the public. If played right, this could be the push Bitcoin as a payment system for mainstream consumers here in the States.

In a statement, Starbucks referred to itself as “the flagship retailer” involved in the project, hinting at the very real potential that the company is setting itself up to accept Bitcoin converted through the Bakkt system.

“As the flagship retailer, Starbucks will play a pivotal role in developing practical, trusted and regulated applications for consumers to convert their digital assets into US dollars for use at Starbucks,” said Starbucks Payments VP Maria Smith said in the statement. “As a leader in Mobile Pay to our more than 15 million Starbucks Rewards members, Starbucks is committed to innovation for expanding payment options for our customers.”

Bakkt’s implications go well beyond mobile payments, of course. As Fortune notes, the system could help attract investors who have been put off by Bitcoin’s extremely volatile nature. Among other things, it could help make the currency a safer choice for 401(k)s, IRAs and other retirement plans. That, in turn, could help propel Bitcoin toward wider Wall Street trading.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/08/03/starbucks-drops-major-hint-at-plans-to-accept-bitcoin/

Purchasing a cup of coffee via bitcoin might materialize faster than anyone had thought.

I like the idea of starbucks embracing bitcoin. It is known some starbucks function almost exactly like homeless shelters. Adopting bitcoin could put crypto currencies into the hands of where its needed in terms of helping the poor, the unbanked, those who can't afford the minimum balance on a bank account or have trouble obtaining debit cards or credit cards to make electronic transactions. Over the long term this could help people to find jobs to give them more options and opportunities which could help them to escape poverty and elevate their standard of living. Which in turn could help reduce crime and negative trends associated with violence.

The point @ the bottom about making bitcoin a safer choice for 401k's, IRAs and retirement plans is interesting. I've wondered if bitcoin and crypto currencies in general could have future potential for retirement funds due to them being designed to appreciate in value over time. An asset which appreciates in value could help to offset increasingly higher costs associated with higher average lifespan. It could imply crypto has potential there.

definetly its a good news to the community of cryptocurrency,thats someday starbucks plans to accept bitcoin as a payment,because once the plan are accepted  people who want to go in starbucks can easily access an transaction with no hassle,because maybe they can paid there items in bitcoin,and if this would happen the transaction become fast and easier.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
It will make a deal, cuz it will be more easier to pay instantly and you did not need to wait while all people will buy and pay... More faster service, without any fees for nothing.. All are winners  Grin
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
Well it is a good development in favor of Bitcoin market but i wonder how much a single brew of coffee will cost now to think that there is service fee of every blockchain transaction. So do you think it is really feasible to buy a single cup of coffee using Bitcoin currency?
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
Well as good as this sounds and exciting and good for the bitcoin progression and investments, which is the case but to a certain point, because you have to take the fact that people don't prefer spending their bitcoin on these kind of micro transactions at least not on a regular bases, like you might buy it one or couple of times when it is available but than you will just forget about it or stop buying with bitcoin because it is better to save it or invest it in other things, so it might not have as much impact on the price of bitcoin as most people think, but it is a step toward the right path and will be something that might encourage other companies to do the same.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
Back in May, reports surfaced that New York Stock Exchange owner Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) was developing a Bitcoin trading platform. This morning, it officially announced the creation of Bakkt, a new company that will help trade and convert the best known cryptocurrency to fiat money — government-backed legal tender.

As one might expect from a new company with close ties to the NYSE, Bakkt has enlisted some big names already, including backing from Microsoft, Starbucks and BCG. Microsoft, for its part, will provide cloud infrastructure for the service. Even more compelling, however, is the involvement of Starbucks.

After all, the coffee giant has played an outsized role in helping mainstream mobile payments among the U.S. population, it has worked with Square (which accepts Bitcoin) and it just announced a deal with Alibaba in China for coffee deliveries. The chain isn’t always the first to adopt payment solutions, but its involvement goes a long ways toward legitimizing technologies among the public. If played right, this could be the push Bitcoin as a payment system for mainstream consumers here in the States.

In a statement, Starbucks referred to itself as “the flagship retailer” involved in the project, hinting at the very real potential that the company is setting itself up to accept Bitcoin converted through the Bakkt system.

“As the flagship retailer, Starbucks will play a pivotal role in developing practical, trusted and regulated applications for consumers to convert their digital assets into US dollars for use at Starbucks,” said Starbucks Payments VP Maria Smith said in the statement. “As a leader in Mobile Pay to our more than 15 million Starbucks Rewards members, Starbucks is committed to innovation for expanding payment options for our customers.”

Bakkt’s implications go well beyond mobile payments, of course. As Fortune notes, the system could help attract investors who have been put off by Bitcoin’s extremely volatile nature. Among other things, it could help make the currency a safer choice for 401(k)s, IRAs and other retirement plans. That, in turn, could help propel Bitcoin toward wider Wall Street trading.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/08/03/starbucks-drops-major-hint-at-plans-to-accept-bitcoin/

Purchasing a cup of coffee via bitcoin might materialize faster than anyone had thought.

I like the idea of starbucks embracing bitcoin. It is known some starbucks function almost exactly like homeless shelters. Adopting bitcoin could put crypto currencies into the hands of where its needed in terms of helping the poor, the unbanked, those who can't afford the minimum balance on a bank account or have trouble obtaining debit cards or credit cards to make electronic transactions. Over the long term this could help people to find jobs to give them more options and opportunities which could help them to escape poverty and elevate their standard of living. Which in turn could help reduce crime and negative trends associated with violence.

The point @ the bottom about making bitcoin a safer choice for 401k's, IRAs and retirement plans is interesting. I've wondered if bitcoin and crypto currencies in general could have future potential for retirement funds due to them being designed to appreciate in value over time. An asset which appreciates in value could help to offset increasingly higher costs associated with higher average lifespan. It could imply crypto has potential there.

Amazon accepting bitcoin PayPal accepting bitcoin Starbucks accepting bitcoin
Buy coffe for 10 $ pay 7$ fee wonderful
bitcoin is to expensive
Activity: 606
Bad news again where last time starbucks want accepted bitcoin as payment transaction and now they have stop for accepted bitcoin, is not good ideas for bitcoin become on higher price, we have looking other company want accepted bitcoin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
I think it will not only end up as a hint but it will come to reality and this is another good company that's embracing the blockchain technology. It is a good plan for starbucks that would surely draw attention of others too who doesn't want to be left in the competition today.
Activity: 171
This may be an advertising behavior of Starbucks. I think that Starbucks accepts or opposes cryptocurrencies that cannot affect cryptocurrencies. It does not have the power to affect cryptocurrencies.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
This is what crypto needs to hit the mainstream adoption. As big businesses integrate Bitcoin and see much progress and success in the business dealings and payments, competitors will be compelled to adopt the same strategy of integrating Bitcoin into their payment systems. This will raise the demand for Bitcoin and eventually increases its value on the market.
If they receive what they need when they have implemented accepting Bitcoin or possible another cryptocurrency, the success that they would have would be mimicked by other businesses. It's just one of the easiest thing to do, copy what other successful companies have done, and once you achieved that, then you can improve the method. Something like that, and we all want that Bitcoin to be largely accepted.

I'm curious about how it made an impact on your life. Was it easier because you can transact on your phone? Rather than fiat cash? The advantage of doing that is you don't have to carry a lot of cash and when a lot of people are using it, it would be better because almost everyone would accept it. What kind of businesses there in your country accept bitcoin?
Activity: 1344
Merit: 103
Activity: 714
This is what crypto needs to hit the mainstream adoption. As big businesses integrate Bitcoin and see much progress and success in the business dealings and payments, competitors will be compelled to adopt the same strategy of integrating Bitcoin into their payment systems. This will raise the demand for Bitcoin and eventually increases its value on the market.
Activity: 336
Harmony for One and All
well starbucks are too reality with it, but indeed that was good plan for them, and that can make more bitcoin as for daily transaction after all, that was good issues for bitcoin and for any coffee company like starbucks who willing to accept bitcoin
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
Well the more comoanies using crypto currencies, the more popular it becomes. If this news is also true, then it finally come true that i could exchange my crypto currency for something i can actually use or eat. That is a huge leap fron last year and the time when someone bought a slice of pizza for 10K BTC.
That's just the reality is, people, start realizing the true value of it until it's really there right in front of their eyes. Some are still skeptical of Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency but at least there is a start. Some online stores are accepting Bitcoin, and some promotions are being done here in the country that I live in.

I think that's a good choice for them. Because Starbucks usually serves upstream customers and many of them will use bitcoin pretty much. So I think that the fact that they set the bitcoin payment strategy can attract more people and can hold more bitcoin.

Later, they said that they would not accept Bitcoins. Probably, most of the companies are not yet ready for these steps. The crypto volatility scares them as I think.

I don't know if the right term is they will hold more bitcoin because if you plan to pay something for it, they would use it, not just hold it. It would start attracting more customers and people would be curious about what bitcoin is and how will they get it.

For @biletskiy, where did they say that they are not going to accept bitcoins? In my opinion, the companies should openly accept it and start trading it. It's another opportunity to earn.
Activity: 225
if bitcoin can accepted in more giant merchants in world, i think no more doubt about bitcoin future.and there will massive demand come to cryptocurrency market.and bitcoin price will soar sharply.soon and later this moment will come to us.

Exactly, the more merchants accept bitcoin there is a big chance for all of us to gain big profit if we are one of the bitcoin holders. In fact, here in my country some of the starbucks outlet that I visited was a bitcoin accepted and I was excited and happy because I felt during that time I'm the only customer who came there to drink some of their hot coffee and who will pay Bitcoin, imagine just using my mobile they will scan the barcode which I had in my wallet then after a few seconds or less than a minute, that's it! done payment. Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
I think that's a good choice for them. Because Starbucks usually serves upstream customers and many of them will use bitcoin pretty much. So I think that the fact that they set the bitcoin payment strategy can attract more people and can hold more bitcoin.

Later, they said that they would not accept Bitcoins. Probably, most of the companies are not yet ready for these steps. The crypto volatility scares them as I think.
Pages:
Jump to: