Pages:
Author

Topic: Start selling your GPU now - page 2. (Read 573 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 14
March 27, 2022, 03:47:33 AM
This is bad advice, do not sell your GPU based on a rumour that might never come true, ETH team might still change their plan once again just like they have always done in the past, also this isn't the end we have other coins that will remain profitable when ETH goes proof of stake.
Like others have said, the other coins will never compensate for the loss of block rewards due to ETH disappearing. ETH makes up 95% of the total revenue available to GPU miners. Profit on the other coins after PoS will collapse to barely breaking even above power cost. The get-rich-quick miners who were expecting a 400-day payback time will panic once their profit margin gets squeezed to 0. They will exit the market while they can still get decent prices for their hardware on feeBay.
I hope such will happen I'm willing to buy back their graphic cards if any wants to sell, also I will wait for mining difficulty to decrease a lot before I start mining again, my main target isn't USDT per day but the quantity of the good altcoins like Ergo, BCD, RVN that I will end up having in my wallet in under 4years scenario.
Activity: 182
Merit: 152
March 26, 2022, 03:01:33 PM
This is bad advice, do not sell your GPU based on a rumour that might never come true, ETH team might still change their plan once again just like they have always done in the past, also this isn't the end we have other coins that will remain profitable when ETH goes proof of stake.
Like others have said, the other coins will never compensate for the loss of block rewards due to ETH disappearing. ETH makes up 95% of the total revenue available to GPU miners. Profit on the other coins after PoS will collapse to barely breaking even above power cost. The get-rich-quick miners who were expecting a 400-day payback time will panic once their profit margin gets squeezed to 0. They will exit the market while they can still get decent prices for their hardware on feeBay.
Activity: 207
Merit: 12
Syntrum.com
March 26, 2022, 03:42:58 AM
Activity: 227
Merit: 24
March 25, 2022, 09:47:37 PM
The reason why the prices are falling is because of the upcoming ETH merge and you won’t be able to mine ETH anymore. The Polaris held its value because it was a good value mining GPU, in terms of games there are other GPUs out there. So it’s value is mostly there as long as ETH is mineable which might disappear this June.

Most likely when the exact date and block is confirmed for the merger you will see that many sellers are increasing their supply and decreasing their prices because these GPUs won’t have much use. Unless you got like free power at work and will be happy making a nickel or dime a day per GPU mining etc.
Making a dime a day? I wouldn't think like that if I were you because the quantity of coins I'm mining is what matters to me the most not value in cents and dollars, I want to have 15 million shiba inu coin, 5000 FLUX coin, 10,000 ravencoin, 500 ergo, millions of opendao token, Millions of XEC, I don't care what their value would be in USD I care about low mining difficulty.
March 25, 2022, 03:54:01 PM
I haven't been mining for years but isn't rx580 a GPU from 2018 or before? I guess it is the surging crypto prices that created this madness.
The RX 580 is from mid-2017. The only reason it's profitable is high ETH prices. This is probably one of the worst cards to own post-PoS. The efficiency on any non-ETH coin is awful.

The best video card models are probably going to be the RTX 3080 Ti, RTX 3060 and RX 6800 non-XT.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
March 25, 2022, 01:45:56 PM
GPU prices are crumbling on aliexpress right now, it's good to see rx580 brand new at 300$ again last time it was 500$ as old as the card is, Polaris for that matter lol, I have a feeling that this BTC recovery of 44k could be the last, I also see many selling their GPUs already, they are smart to be honest I imply you all do the similar.. Later when things cool off you can start buying back, don't be the scape goat.

I haven't been mining for years but isn't rx580 a GPU from 2018 or before? I guess it is the surging crypto prices that created this madness.

However, if it is that profitable to mine crypto right now, people won't sell their cards because they already probably ROI'ed them >10 times. So selling them will make no sense really. Instead, they'll keep running them till they fail or become unprofitable.

Buying and selling large amounts of GPU's is not as easy as you think. Not worth taking the risk and going through all that mess imo.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
March 25, 2022, 01:37:00 PM
The reason why the prices are falling is because of the upcoming ETH merge and you won’t be able to mine ETH anymore. The Polaris held its value because it was a good value mining GPU, in terms of games there are other GPUs out there. So it’s value is mostly there as long as ETH is mineable which might disappear this June.

Most likely when the exact date and block is confirmed for the merger you will see that many sellers are increasing their supply and decreasing their prices because these GPUs won’t have much use. Unless you got like free power at work and will be happy making a nickel or dime a day per GPU mining etc.
March 25, 2022, 12:09:17 PM
It's good strategy, sell now and buy later but what do you think will happen if PoS algor got postponed again? You won't like yourself if this is the case later on, every think ETH Pow is going away something that's not been 100% precise.
That's right, it's wise to sell most rigs in 1-2 months but keep mining with some of them just in case there's a PoS delay.
Activity: 448
Merit: 18
March 25, 2022, 11:43:59 AM
It's good strategy, sell now and buy later but what do you think will happen if PoS algor got postponed again? You won't like yourself if this is the case later on, every think ETH Pow is going away something that's not been 100% precise.
Activity: 227
Merit: 12
March 25, 2022, 11:11:11 AM
Nope sorry I'm not selling any GPU, I'm waiting for people to start selling their cards as well so that I can buy more even when 30MH is doing 0.20$ per day, it's not about the USD value of the coins for me it's about the quantities.
Activity: 759
Merit: 15
March 25, 2022, 10:16:18 AM
Even if perhaps eth mining is nearing the end and bitcoin's value growth will be the last one(i don't think so) personally i will not sell any of my 3 gpus (1 580 and 2 2060) i will keep them to play video games at most i could think of an exchange with a 3060
Activity: 686
Merit: 403
March 25, 2022, 06:31:05 AM
GPU prices are crumbling on aliexpress right now, it's good to see rx580 brand new at 300$ again last time it was 500$ as old as the card is, Polaris for that matter lol, I have a feeling that this BTC recovery of 44k could be the last, I also see many selling their GPUs already, they are smart to be honest I imply you all do the similar.. Later when things cool off you can start buying back, don't be the scape goat.
Pages:
Jump to: