Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a Bitcoin Node using a VPS - page 2. (Read 384 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
February 02, 2024, 07:28:39 AM
400gb disk capacity should not be enough for a full btc node now.

It isn't, but then again you can always run a pruned node, which should be good as long as you do not need the complete blockchain data for API or maybe even LN purposes.

I do not believe that Contabo sets up a bitcoin node for you though - I think you have to do that yourself, and that they only supply suitable hardware for it.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
February 02, 2024, 03:44:43 AM
400gb disk capacity should not be enough for a full btc node now.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 4158
February 01, 2024, 05:30:55 AM
Fairly little. Decentralization should take into account how redundant our nodes are, as opposed to how many nodes are there. I suppose it wouldn't matter that much if there are tons of nodes in certain areas or datacenter.

Whilst it is great that they're able to include a container image for this, it isn't difficult to run a few commands to download Bitcoin Core. If you have to update Bitcoin Core in the near future, you would also have to do it yourself.
copper member
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1256
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
February 01, 2024, 05:25:30 AM
Has anybody tried to get or build a node from like Contabo? I saw that it has this Blockchain tab and you could build or possibly have a prebuild VPS for BTC Node.

I'm looking to try and really support BTC this way. What do you think are the benefits of this?
Pages:
Jump to: