Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting as new miner & building your own rig for altcoins - page 2. (Read 3383 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
suggestion for the motherboard plz . I tried finding H81 btc pro motherboard in the market but unable to find it ( as it says it better for mining)

and about the setup which I am trying to complete will have 3 fans on them in cabinet and the GPU itself have (2 fans) on them each .

Hi ,

I am new in the mining zone for altcoins . I am interested in mining zcash / XMR / DASh or any other

I tried finding the Asrock motherboard and other Riser Cable to attach maximum of 6 GPU's but , unable to find any and when I did find it's overpriced
and it's a scrap based parts so , I really don't think wasting my time in that more in that and go look for somebody in china .

So , below is the configuration I was thinking to invest in . My perspective isn't mining , it's gaming too .

Based on my research throughout the market , I was able to find a better motherboard to hold 4 GPU at once ( without riser cable )

Motherboard - Gigabyte SOC force
RAM - 32 GB   
4 GPU - Sapphire RX 480 8 GB
Processor - i7 6850 k
SSD - 500 GB

The motherboard is best for overclocking . Need your suggestions whether it's wrong or right !

Not good.. No need of such huge computer resource. i7, 32 GB, 500Gb SSD not required. go for dual core least processor. 4gb ram, 60GB ssd. Rest of money you invest in more GPU or a separate gaming machine.

4 GPUs on Motherboard is also not good. because GPUs produce lot of heat and require 1 inch spacing between them to dissipate heat. which is not possible if you put 4 cards on motherboard as i imagine. And also motherboard will be overheated or fried providing power from PCIe to 4 GPUs while mining. better to get powered usb raisers. i can help you find raisers from china on aliexpress and can order yourself. MOtherboard i suggest otherthan Gigabyte, MSI Gaming G5 or G7 with 7 pcie slots.any more help welcome.
Activity: 72
Merit: 11
Hi ,

I am new in the mining zone for altcoins . I am interested in mining zcash / XMR / DASh or any other

I tried finding the Asrock motherboard and other Riser Cable to attach maximum of 6 GPU's but , unable to find any and when I did find it's overpriced
and it's a scrap based parts so , I really don't think wasting my time in that more in that and go look for somebody in china .

So , below is the configuration I was thinking to invest in . My perspective isn't mining , it's gaming too .

Based on my research throughout the market , I was able to find a better motherboard to hold 4 GPU at once ( without riser cable )

RAM - 32 GB   
Processor - i7 6850 k
SSD - 500 GB

The motherboard is best for overclocking . Need your suggestions whether it's wrong or right !

Not good.. No need of such huge computer resource. i7, 32 GB, 500Gb SSD not required. go for dual core least processor. 4gb ram, 60GB ssd. Rest of money you invest in more GPU or a separate gaming machine.

4 GPUs on Motherboard is also not good. because GPUs produce lot of heat and require 1 inch spacing between them to dissipate heat. which is not possible if you put 4 cards on motherboard as i imagine. And also motherboard will be overheated or fried providing power from PCIe to 4 GPUs while mining. better to get powered usb raisers. i can help you find raisers from china on aliexpress and can order yourself. MOtherboard i suggest otherthan Gigabyte, MSI Gaming G5 or G7 with 7 pcie slots.any more help welcome.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Hi ,

RAM - 32 GB   
Processor - i7 6850 k
SSD - 500 GB

Pages:
Jump to: