Pages:
Author

Topic: Statist vs Brainist - Game Theory of potential World War 3 - page 2. (Read 2177 times)

Activity: 316
Merit: 250
Most anarchists may also be brainists, but most brainists are not anarchists.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
Anarchism is no organization. Brainism is organized like a global brain. Something is not anarchist just because its not statist.

WW3 between these two groups is not something I'm concerned about. The latter group will simply make the former irrelevant.

When the statists see that coming, as its already in progress, what does that motivate them to do? Do you think these central powers will peacefully stand by and watch while they become "irrelevant" or obsolete?

What would you call a group of people who identify as Anarchists?  Tongue  Seems pretty organized to me.  A group of atheists don't count as a group because none of them are theist?
Anarchism is no organization. Brainism is organized like a global brain. Something is not anarchist just because its not statist.

WW3 between these two groups is not something I'm concerned about. The latter group will simply make the former irrelevant.

When the statists see that coming, as its already in progress, what does that motivate them to do? Do you think these central powers will peacefully stand by and watch while they become "irrelevant" or obsolete?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
===Brainism===
social networking
Wikipedia
Wikileaks
Libertarian
open source
Bitcoin
Zeitgeist
3d printing, especially of gun parts, circuits, and medical devices
wireless mesh networks used when Internet is shut down in a country
Anonymous
Freedom of sharing ideas and how to build things
Pirate Party
Peer To Peer religions where we each work toward becoming more like gods

Those two, IMO, don't belong with the rest.

But yes, Anarchism and Charity are definitely the counterpoint to Government and Tax.

I have in the past written some crazy sounding things and speculated too far ahead and got too excited about things, but this thread is about something I've been watching and thinking about for a long time, and if you have nothing to say about these ideas then you are off topic.

I can't think of a word for voluntary taxation--it's an oxymoron, anyway.

charity
Please don't encourage him.

Something I don't know? Shocked

Nothing a perusal of his post history won't show....
legendary

Something I don't know? Shocked
legendary
I suppose it makes sense, categorizing these two groups broadly.  As people, we have this weird thing where we just love duality--two of everything!  But it's easy to understand, and I lean way far onto the Brainist side of things Tongue

A big thing about Statists is that they love taxes, or at least believe taxation is absolutely vital for a society to survive--so at the same time, they both believe in government, and big government at that.  So on the Statist side would be "Tax" and following, "Government".  For the opposite effect, the Brainists will probably favor small government or Anarchism, and no-taxation (I can't think of a word for voluntary taxation--it's an oxymoron, anyway.)

Aside from that, I'll think up some more.  I'd like to say, WW3 can't happen if there are no soldiers to make it happen, but, mechanized warfare doesn't seem that far away.  Both Brainists and Statists contributed to that effort.
The Game Theory of potential World War 3 is bigger than international politics.

Over many years, the world has become divided most strongly between Statists and Brainists, a trend accelerating toward a dangerous conflict.

Statists act toward the world organized top down, a central authority which expands into any part of the world it does not yet control.

Brainists act toward networking people and tech together more like a global brain.

Neither of these groups normally calls themself that and often are not aware of the effects of their actions, thinking more about local short term effects, but sticking our heads in the dirt does not change where this all leads. Lets not focus on who to blame, instead learn what is happening and what can be done about it.

Below are 2 incomplete lists of parts of the world strongly tending toward Statism or Brainism.

===Statism===
most big political parties
most corporations
most governments
Internet Kill Switch
Military Industrial Complex, a feedback loop
legal systems which cause paperwork (or electronic) to increase exponentially
propaganda that voting is a practical way to get big things done
printing money which devalues everyone else's money of that type
monopoly strengthening laws regulating the forming of new kinds of economies
Cyprus scandal taking money directly from bank accounts for bailout
Owning of ideas and regulating the means of production
Patent Trolls
Client/Server religions where god commands those below

===Brainism===
social networking
Wikipedia
Wikileaks
Libertarian
open source
Bitcoin
Zeitgeist
3d printing, especially of gun parts, circuits, and medical devices
wireless mesh networks used when Internet is shut down in a country
Anonymous
Freedom of sharing ideas and how to build things
Pirate Party
Peer To Peer religions where we each work toward becoming more like gods

Please help complete the lists or argue for moving items from one to the other.

Based on these 2 trends accelerating, I see no way around a conflict. One must weaken and the other strengthen. The question is what kind of conflict will it be, a smooth transition to a new way of organizing the efforts of 7 billion people toward common goals, or a global scale escalation of violence like the small example of the (attempted?) bombing of Cyprus bank responding to a new height of ways Statists take money from people, directly from their bank accounts after freezing them all in the country. Whats most dangerous about that small event is more people just observing are saying the bombing was justified, a very dangerous state of mind for a world to be in. This is not an isolated event. Its a pattern of many violent responses to advances of Statism.

For most of Human history, Statism may have been the only practical way to organize things on a large scale, but with the Internet and many new forms of global communication and measuring and automating things, Brainists don't need Statists as much anymore and eventually will not need them at all. Statists see Brainists' lack of dependence as a threat, but no group has the right to force dependence. In USA, for example, such a conflict resulted in the Declaration Of Independence. A similar conflict is accelerating on the largest scale ever, between Statism and Brainism.

I really believe "The pen is mightier than the sword", so when I see terrorism I think what a waste because they used a weaker weapon than they could have. Something big has to be done, but its going to take a bigger networking of minds together this time.

I've seen this coming for years and have been working on a variety of open source tech to network minds together. Other people have been working on their own possible solutions. Its time to take this seriously, because the Game Theory of potential World War 3 is bigger than international politics, and we're all at risk and may have something to contribute toward a global solution.

People who build tech have the power to force the issue, and we should to make sure its solved before it comes to World War 3.
Pages:
Jump to: