Pages:
Author

Topic: Stay away from zec.suprnova.cc (and the whole family)! It is a scam! - page 2. (Read 10114 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 35
After mining HUSH for several days with 21kSol/s, I have found suprnova to reliably underperform 25%. Stay away.
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
I can confirm that the reported hashrates are a lot lower than client-side. 20/30% off.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Just wanted to write about my suprnova.cc experiences.  I have used their site to mine DCR, EXP, ETC, UBQ, ZEC, and ZCL.  What I always notice is that my hashrate is always reduced on suprnova.cc pools compared to other pools.  For instance, my miner will report 460 sol/s for ZCL, suprnova.cc pool reports ~350 sol/s.  I switch to coinmine.pl, pool reports ~460 sol/s.  Blake 14r, Ethash, Equihash, I see these reduced hashrates.  Then when I switch pools, it is normal.  Nanopool, Dwarfpool, Coinmine, Miningpoolhub all report normal hashrates for me which are consistent with what my miner is reporting.  Suprnova consistently reports lower hashrates across several algos.  This is either some sloppy coding which causes user hashrates to be reduced, or it is maliciously being under reported by pool operator.  Either way, I don't like it, and I advise people to stay away from suprnova.cc pools altogether.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
After 2 days of fighting with the "bugs" of Supernova ZEC pool,  I came to the conclusion that this pool is a big scam! First, they selectively pay to someone, and to others don't pay at all. The balance is ''unconfirmed" for 2 days!!! Second, their site is down every couple of seconds (literally) pretedning to be upgrading, thus preventing users to control what is going on. And third, most of the workers are "unauthorized" which leads to hashing for someone else's profit. From my 50 workers, only 2 are 'authorised' to work and the shares are accepted. I don't see any confirmed balance on these workers either! I believe that this is an outrageous scam robbery!!!!  Shocked Angry

Did you write this content or are you just spreading hearsay? I have no knowledge of zec.suprnova.cc but unless you have been scammed by them then you don't really have a clue. You should follow the scam reporting format, but that would require more than a couple drag and drops smileys.

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
ffs i have heard a lot of sea stories around here, but tall tales about ocminer are always the funniest.

seriously, don't let him fool you. he does have some sort of deal worked out with some sort of power. no one should ever be able to respond to an ANN like he can.

all bs aside, he runs a straight outfit and the only time I ever had a problem with his pool, he took care of it faster then I expected... like super fast. Honest fellow by all accounts.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
Most pools are pplns in the meanwhile. What he's trying to say is that Pool luck sometimes is bad and there are rounds over 300% luck whereas a miner gets, of course, lower payout then when there are three subsequent rounds with 100% luck...

Unfortunately this is not how luck works.. You have variance.. A pool cannot only have lucky rounds, I don't have a deal with Satan and I didn't sell my soul :slight_smile:

What he not sees or not mentions is that there are also lot of lucky rounds.. Multiple subsequent rounds far below 100% of estimates shares, so below 100 % luck which of course then pay more to the miner, especially with pplns.

This is unfortunate... I've tried to explain several times, just look above and also check this link :
http://give-me-coins.com/support/faq/what-is-pplns/

It's not so easy sometimes
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
PPLNS scam in long round and short round after long round (when PPLNS shares came back to 100% actual share in several rounds  but luck doesn't back to 100% in several rounds then stuck again )
If he correct, why he doesn't change to PPS because PPLNS (Pool stole hashrate or not) is lower 20-30% to PPS
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
You got scam, suprnova pool uses PPLNS to scam in long rounds, suprnova pool will switch user hashrate to another anonimous Zcash address and no found new blocks, then if you dont mine to finish in long rounds or you mine 50% in long round, you lost 100% shares in long round (3-4 hours)and earning in next short rounds (5-15 minutes) (he said "last 10 rounds" is scam). Many scam long rounds stuck 5->12 hours  with 300%-400% bad luck in days  and he will modify " Bad Luck" from 12x,13x% to 100% in next 1,2 days
Zcash mining in suprnova(7 days 100% luck ) is lower 20%,30% to another PPLNS pool
Stay away from this scam pool
https://forum.z.cash/t/suprnovas-zcash-pool-zec-suprnova-cc/2098/1963

And here my reply from the forums :

That's exactly what PPLNS is against, the rounds are calculated over time, you're not only paid for one round but for several rounds, read up here:

http://give-me-coins.com/support/faq/what-is-pplns/

If PPLNS is scam, many other pools are scam too :slight_smile:

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
You got scam, suprnova pool uses PPLNS to scam in long rounds, suprnova pool will switch user hashrate to another anonimous Zcash address and no found new blocks, then if you dont mine to finish in long rounds or you mine 50% in long round, you lost 100% shares in long round (3-4 hours)and earning in next short rounds (5-15 minutes) (15 minutes but earning ~ 30-40% earning long rounds) (he said "last 10 rounds" is scam). Many scam long rounds stuck 5->12 hours/day  with 300%-400% bad luck in days  and he will modify " Bad Luck" from 12x,13x% to 100% in next 1,2 days
Zcash mining in suprnova(7 days 100% luck ) is lower 20%,30% to another PPLNS pool
Stay away from this scam pool
https://forum.z.cash/t/suprnovas-zcash-pool-zec-suprnova-cc/2098/1963
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Moar mining!!! .. oh wait, that's too much
I can understand your frustration because I feel the same way about their site.

That said, I've been mining using their pools using XMG and other coins for a while now and I've found them be be very reliable at making payments. Their front ends are frequently buggy and slow and have been for as long as I've used them however.

I have had a ZEC payout from them and have another pending now. I know they've had problems in the last few hours with syncing and payments, but perhaps that's to be expected from such a new (and buggy) coin plus the huge influx of interest it has caused.

Activity: 1498
Merit: 614
Liable for what i say, not for what you understand
You want to read this too
anyway OCMINER is one of the most trustable persons. I mine at suprnova all the time and never had lost coins or shits you claim with your accusations. Some issue with the new zcash is understandable but yoru coins and shares are safe there. It happens to nicehash zcash pool as well, it's a new starting man, be patient.

PS: might want to move this in scam accusations and lock this thread soon as you get enough answers.MOVED
legendary
Activity: 1852
Merit: 2841
All good things to those who wait
After 2 days of fighting with the "bugs" of Supernova ZEC pool,  I came to the conclusion that this pool is a big scam! First, they selectively pay to someone, and to others don't pay at all. The balance is ''unconfirmed" for 2 days!!! Second, their site is down every couple of seconds (literally) pretedning to be upgrading, thus preventing users to control what is going on. And third, most of the workers are "unauthorized" which leads to hashing for someone else's profit. From my 50 workers, only 2 are 'authorised' to work and the shares are accepted. I don't see any confirmed balance on these workers either! I believe that this is an outrageous scam robbery!!!!  Shocked Angry
Pages:
Jump to: