Pages:
Author

Topic: SteemIt Vs new projects - page 2. (Read 496 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
October 01, 2017, 04:07:04 PM
The main impediment to a business model that could drive massive ecosystem adoption is the instasneakymine that put a small number of whales in control and they are essentially debasing the money supply (via the voting and curation rewards) and sending it to themselves via numerous sockpuppets and owning DPoS witness accounts. So essentially instead of being an open system that incentivizes everyone to build apps for it, only the whales are incentivized build apps (i.e. there is no open competition of the best ideas), thus you end up with xerox copy GUIs such as busy.org which add not much of any value. There are some other apps built on the Steem blockchain though, such as a decentralized chat, but I have not yet had time to try them.

James A. Donald who was the first person who communicated with Satoshi on the mailing list where Bitcoin was announced, confirms that DPoS is not decentralized (DPoS is the blockchain technology of Bitshares, Steem, EOS, Lisk, Ark, and any Steem clones).

There is no possible way to design a voting system that pays rewards by debasing the collective money supply, which will be fair. I had written a blog explaining this mathematically:

https://steemit.com/steem/@anonymint/blog-rewards-can-t-be-widely-distributed

In my analysis, it is the economics of Steem as it pertains to incentivizing others to make apps for it, and the way that users are incentivized that does not correlate well to viral onboarding and app development. However, compared to all the other altcoins, it is the one with probably the most widespread use by people other than just speculators. So it does seem to be undervalued.

So although conceptually it is interesting, you are really going to need my project which will correct these flaws.

Re: Who is paying for Steemit?

Hi Guys, I am trying to do some fundamental research on Steem but there is one thing I don't understand and that i'm not finding the answer on. Who does actually pay for this whole project.

Answer is here.

In short, everyone who owns the STEEM token pays for the rewards which are created by minting new STEEM tokens out-of-thin-air, but this burden is disproportionate because whales are able to redirect most of the money supply dilution to themselves via their numerous sockpuppet bloggers.

It is analogous to a masternode or proof-of-stake coin, where the whales siphon off most of the transaction fees and any minting of coins disproportionately.

To add, STEEM has a cetain reputation to each members, the higher the reputation the more likely you can upvote a certain topic there.

Incorrect. Steem Power (how many STEEM tokens you have locked up for 13 week holding period) determines your power in the voting and curation rewards.

The reputation thing is just a number which has no real impact other than readers see the number on all your comments. I have a high reputation at Steemit because I joined in July 2016, but my Steem Power is low because I sold most of my STEEM.
cau
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
October 01, 2017, 02:49:40 PM

Wondering if some old timers can help me out with a simple ques

We have SteemIt which is a working product already with the number of users and hits per days keeps increasing

Other side, we have multiple promising projects (OMG, Maid, NXS) but nothing in live.....

Including me, many of us tend to take chance and gamble with the projects that's not yet out in market and by large extent have ignored a working product. I am looking at SteemIt at this point, though things looks solid to me, the above ques is kind of haunting me to think that I am missing something and there is something seriously wrong in SteemIt.

Please feel free to stop by and have your comment!
Pages:
Jump to: