Author

Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining - page 147. (Read 348384 times)

Activity: 357
Merit: 250
they going to have competition... akasha , what about that ?
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
this could be base for a better (and secure) base for a social media platform in the future , imagine if this also gets viral in the publishing world and content also tied to advertising , this is all uncharted territory

Steem developers (founders) should apply for a patent to protect their IP .. it is very novel
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
but anyway coin has no investment value (yes, i read whitepaper )
if someone is mining they have dump immediately, coz they loosing fast  as zimbabwe's dollars

This is wrong twice.

First of all, miners can't dump. The mined coins (Steem Power) are locked for up to 2 years.

Second, Steem Power doesn't suffer the same high inflation as unlocked coins (Steem).

Nevertheless everyone should make up their own mind about mining and/or investment value. It may be a bad idea after all.

o post 3posts in 3days and result, for example 1 post created 3days ago has 5votes, earned 0.01$ (pending payout)
and just looked in "created" one post created 6mins ago and have 5votes and 303$ (pending payout)

Voting is stake-weighted (aka Steem Power). If you have hardly any stake then your votes aren't worth much. If you want more influence then you have to buy (or later earn) Steem Power.

Right now this means voting is dominated by whales. But that will change rapidly starting July 4 when the rewards start paying out. People who post or comment and get a lot of upvotes will then receive large payouts in Steem Power, regardless of their existing stake and without having to buy it. They will then start having a major influence in voting.

The idea is to automatically redistribute voting power out to the most productive and respected participants. Once there are a lot more people with big chunks of Steem Power than you won't be reliant on a small number of whales to get good upvotes; there will be many others who can do so as well.

what makes you think that there will be "large" payouts?

There have been some reports posted, with many people receiving thousands of Steem Power and some much more than that. If I have time later I will post links.

Any time you look on the site and see a dollar figure (and it isn't hard to find hundreds or thousands of dollars on a post), half of the amount paid will be in Steem Power (half to the author, half to voters). So a post or comment with a displayed reward of $2000 will pay out $500 worth of Steem Power (about 1500 SP currently) plus $500 in Steem Dollars to the author. And that is for one post. The payouts on July 4 will be the total of everything posted since the site went live beta. After July 4, payouts using the same methods will continue daily.

More broadly, every day 28800 Steem Power are allocated to be paid out for content. Most likely there will be multiple people receiving thousands of Steem Power every day for the most popular posts and comments, although how exactly it gets divided up depends on voting.

Of course, it is still in beta, problems may occur, calculations may be wrong, values may change based on market prices and usage, all crypto is experimental, nothing is guaranteed, etc., etc.

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
if someone is mining they have dump immediately, coz they loosing fast  as zimbabwe's dollars

This is wrong twice.

First of all, miners can't dump. The mined coins (Steem Power) are locked for up to 2 years.

Second, Steem Power doesn't suffer the same high inflation as unlocked coins (Steem).

Nevertheless everyone should make up their own mind about mining and/or investment value. It may be a bad idea after all.

o post 3posts in 3days and result, for example 1 post created 3days ago has 5votes, earned 0.01$ (pending payout)
and just looked in "created" one post created 6mins ago and have 5votes and 303$ (pending payout)

Voting is stake-weighted (aka Steem Power). If you have hardly any stake then your votes aren't worth much. If you want more influence then you have to buy (or later earn) Steem Power.

Right now this means voting is dominated by whales. But that will change rapidly starting July 4 when the rewards start paying out. People who post or comment and get a lot of upvotes will then receive large payouts in Steem Power, regardless of their existing stake and without having to buy it. They will then start having a major influence in voting.

The idea is to automatically redistribute voting power out to the most productive and respected participants. Once there are a lot more people with big chunks of Steem Power than you won't be reliant on a small number of whales to get good upvotes; there will be many others who can do so as well.

what makes you think that there will be "large" payouts?
Activity: 423

Do you have a link to a post of yours? I can't imagine that 3 good posts got overlooked by all the curators.
If it happened it certainly wasn't on purpose. Just look around how many posts of new users received a lot of high-stake votes.
legendary

This is wrong twice.

Activity: 259
read. but simple and brief explanation is could be more clearly understandible
coz now, for me that steemit looks like whales playground... they fishing newcomers who is buying theirs BS steem.

try this:
https://steemit.com/steemit/@cryptogee/welcome-to-steem--introduce-yourselves
read. but simple and brief explanation is could be more clearly understandible
coz now, for me that steemit looks like whales playground... they fishing newcomers who is buying theirs BS steem.
legendary
im really cant understand, how user gets rewarded..something looks rigged
im have account and still trying but almost lost patience, because :

wth?

or just some whales with multiple accounts voting for their posts and how its get rewarded...
so ir nothing else them pump and dump, where miners dumping and someine trying to buy steem power  or somthing like that.

o was planning to put in 0.5 btc and give a try, bur now see no point... and with locked fund s for two years..is insane

read the whitepaper, maybe?
im really cant understand, how user gets rewarded..something looks rigged
im have account and still trying but almost lost patience, because :

wth?

or just some whales with multiple accounts voting for their posts and how its get rewarded...
so ir nothing else them pump and dump, where miners dumping and someine trying to buy steem power  or somthing like that.

o was planning to put in 0.5 btc and give a try, bur now see no point... and with locked fund s for two years..is insane
Activity: 423
Steem has its first dice game
Gamble without transaction fees!
GUI will follow soon
legendary
after two years this blogging projects could dont exist anymore

Could not agree more. Locking up value that long is high risk. Potentially high return, but no doubt whatsoever about high risk.

You could always try it out with a free account though. No risk there, other than maybe wasting a bit of your time.

that's what I did. I bought like 200 steem to vest and see where it goes.
legendary

Could not agree more. Locking up value that long is high risk. Potentially high return, but no doubt whatsoever about high risk.

You could always try it out with a free account though. No risk there, other than maybe wasting a bit of your time.

legendary
for me looks like another scam

deposit coins and withdraw just after two years?

you opinion, my opinion is and based on the source code itself and constant activity therein, a very innovative project

world is a wonderful place because we are all so different in it  Cool
for me looks like another scam

deposit coins and withdraw just after two years?

legendary
@q327K091

Do you have more than one account set up in your mining config.ini file? When PoW is found for one account, you can't mine for that same account until that PoW reaches the front of the queue (roughtly 2 hours). If you have multiple accounts set up the miner will switch to the next one, otherwise it will idle.

BTW, as a reminder, if asking for troubleshooting help here or elsewhere, never post your mining config.ini file without first removing the private keys inside it.

thanks for the response! I have one account (witness) in config.ini  , I have several machines , each machine has own config.ini with one witness per config (and one brain key)

incredibly I had to liquidate AWS instance because of slow mining process (CPU's were witting idle, while AWS will fetch bill soo enough lol) it was just not worth it

so yeah one witness and one brain key.. and yet often one gets queued up , would be great CPU's would be used 100% non stop!

You need to add another (different) witness= and miner= line on each computer.

When one witness is busy (in the queue), it will switch to the next one, and your CPU will not go idle.

Do not use the same witness on two different computers.

So something like

witness="witness-1"
witness="witness-2"

miner=["witness-1","WIF1"]
miner=["witness-2","WIF2"]

Hope that helps.

got it.. I was not.. but re-checking all, thanks for help! very helpful
legendary
@q327K091

Do you have more than one account set up in your mining config.ini file? When PoW is found for one account, you can't mine for that same account until that PoW reaches the front of the queue (roughtly 2 hours). If you have multiple accounts set up the miner will switch to the next one, otherwise it will idle.

BTW, as a reminder, if asking for troubleshooting help here or elsewhere, never post your mining config.ini file without first removing the private keys inside it.

thanks for the response! I have one account (witness) in config.ini  , I have several machines , each machine has own config.ini with one witness per config (and one brain key)

incredibly I had to liquidate AWS instance because of slow mining process (CPU's were witting idle, while AWS will fetch bill soo enough lol) it was just not worth it

so yeah one witness and one brain key.. and yet often one gets queued up , would be great CPU's would be used 100% non stop!

You need to add another (different) witness= and miner= line on each computer.

When one witness is busy (in the queue), it will switch to the next one, and your CPU will not go idle.

Do not use the same witness on two different computers.

So something like

witness="witness-1"
witness="witness-2"

miner=["witness-1","WIF1"]
miner=["witness-2","WIF2"]

Hope that helps.
legendary
@q327K091

thanks for the response! I have one account (witness) in config.ini  , I have several machines , each machine has own config.ini with one witness per config (and one brain key)

Activity: 360
Token
Bitcointalk sigs, like the one you see below: https://steemit.com/steemit/@pfunk/steemit-bitcointalk
Jump to: