Pages:
Author

Topic: Step-by Step to start Bitcoin Mining - page 2. (Read 3224 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
August 08, 2014, 11:25:53 AM
I'm going to sound mean here...

If you can't find resources / guides about basic mining then you probably shouldn't mine. It's not free money. It requires effort to make a profit from it. Just asking "Hey I want to mine, how do I do it?" demonstrates a lack of effort to me.

Just my $0.02.

Agree and also sorry to be rude, but google it.  You need to do research and figure it out, as most people here did.  If you can't figure it out, you probably don't want to bother with mining because there will be issues, and you'll have downtime and need to tweak, etc, so it won't be worth it - probably will be frustrating too.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
August 08, 2014, 08:34:57 AM
Please can you suggest a good or average miner-mine, so I can try them.
Here in Nigeria there is no any idea of this new game around and so I want to start from scratch, please   advice further in a step by step to effective mining.
However if there is a good book for this business I wouldn't mind to get it for good.
Thanks and cheers.

Honestly reading the boards will do you more then a book for mining.  A book that explains bitcoin might be good if you completely new.

Mining changes so often a book would be hard to keep up to date, it would really need to be electronic and constantly updated.   Look into if hosted or at home mining is best for you then pick a machine.

It will have more to do with your budget, and risk level.  All very personal things not something a book can tell you.
Activity: 764
I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint
August 08, 2014, 01:29:44 AM
I'm going to sound mean here...

If you can't find resources / guides about basic mining then you probably shouldn't mine. It's not free money. It requires effort to make a profit from it. Just asking "Hey I want to mine, how do I do it?" demonstrates a lack of effort to me.

Just my $0.02.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
August 08, 2014, 01:22:24 AM
I found that there was a simple guide on Slush's pool that I first used that kind of walked me through what to do to get started.   I eventually switched pools but it was a good start.  Seriously, there are so many "guides" out there now (compared even to a year ago), and the hardware is simpler than it used to be, now a lot are plug and play, so you can figure it out.

jjc326
Please can you link me to any of the guide, I am a complete novice and wish to learn.

Thanks
August 08, 2014, 12:57:28 AM
Please can you suggest a good or average miner-mine, so I can try them.
Here in Nigeria there is no any idea of this new game around and so I want to start from scratch, please   advice further in a step by step to effective mining.
However if there is a good book for this business I wouldn't mind to get it for good.
Thanks and cheers.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
best-miner.com
August 07, 2014, 10:16:37 PM
Now use miner mining is very easy, most miner have a friendly console, and almost everyone could know how to set it, as it is only need fill in pool address.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
August 07, 2014, 05:08:23 PM
I found that there was a simple guide on Slush's pool that I first used that kind of walked me through what to do to get started.   I eventually switched pools but it was a good start.  Seriously, there are so many "guides" out there now (compared even to a year ago), and the hardware is simpler than it used to be, now a lot are plug and play, so you can figure it out.

Very true.  There is a lot of hosting option you basically point to pool and done.  With in home you pick miner and plug it in then point to pool. (this assumes you have a bitcoin wallet for the bitcoins to go to).

There is not real trick just doing right calculations on ROI. Lower the cost the higher the profit(this assumes you operate in profit).
Activity: 700
August 07, 2014, 03:47:49 PM
I found that there was a simple guide on Slush's pool that I first used that kind of walked me through what to do to get started.   I eventually switched pools but it was a good start.  Seriously, there are so many "guides" out there now (compared even to a year ago), and the hardware is simpler than it used to be, now a lot are plug and play, so you can figure it out.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
August 06, 2014, 10:45:54 AM
You can mine to gain some experience with wallets and mining software, but if you want some profit forget it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
August 06, 2014, 08:50:45 AM
Do you want to mine yourself, with your own hardware or mining with "cloud mining" services?

It would help, if you gave more information on the hardware you have now, if you plan on using that or if you going to be buying new hardware.

Some people mine on smart phones these days, so anything is possiible, if you mine the right currency.  Wink

So tell us a bit more.

Ps.. What is your electricity cost like?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 06, 2014, 03:54:13 AM
Dear Bitcoin master all,,,

Could you please share to me and other step-by step to start mining??!

Sharing your experience, trick and strategy?

And telling me as a nubie how to success start this investation.

Please and thenk you your kindness....
May God BU

You should start by using your computer or laptop to mine (just for testing and don't use it for real mining). You can download cgminer for it..
Activity: 519
August 06, 2014, 02:33:03 AM
There are literally hundreds of ways to mine and no one post can cover all of that.  To keep it simple:

-Buy Miner
-Plug it into computer/laptop/Pi or configure it through web acess
-Pick some pools to mine on and make accounts
-Mine using CGMiner or BFGMiner
-Spend BTC and be happy!

Here's a more detailed guide for many ASIC models:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-dogies-comprehensive-bitmain-antminer-s3-setup-hd-702653
August 06, 2014, 02:28:55 AM
Dear Bitcoin master all,,,

Could you please share to me and other step-by step to start mining??!

Sharing your experience, trick and strategy?

And telling me as a nubie how to success start this investation.

Please and thenk you your kindness....
May God BU
Pages:
Jump to: