Pages:
Author

Topic: Still confused about this - page 2. (Read 208 times)

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
September 01, 2023, 05:44:28 AM
OP, let's start with the fact that you have already talked about how and in what country you live in your first posts. If you maintain confidentiality, you don't have to reveal things that are closely related to your personal life. Local forums are convenient for communicating in your own language. For newbies who have not yet understood all the rules of the forum, it is also easier to first publish posts in their local section. But nowhere does anyone say that you should do it. Therefore, if you speak English, the language spoken by the entire community, you may not visit your local board at all. But keep in mind that your compatriots will sometimes be able to give you the most complete and valuable answer based on the laws of your country.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
September 01, 2023, 05:34:03 AM
There can't such thing like "must post in local boards". Well, unless you don't know English. Actually, huge part of forum members don't have their local board because English is their native language. Another part of members also don't have local boards because they comes from small countries and there is no dedicated board for their language. And some local boards isn't active at all, so, actively posting there is like talking with yourself.
You can post in locals or not, it's your choice.
Activity: 420
Merit: 263
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 01, 2023, 05:06:14 AM
Is it a must for all bitcointalkers to post on their local boars?
Posting on local boards shows your real identity and on local board one can easily flow with the discussions over there, since the most popular countries have their own local boards and people on bitcointalk.org posts on the board but I am wondering if is a must for evey bitcointalkers to post on their local boards, maybe for one reason or the other.

How posting on local boards reveal anyone's real identity? If I am a regular on a local board that only means I am from that country. There are a few individuals that I have seen discussing topics on multiple local boards. That does not mean he or she is from all of those countries. Your real identity remains anonymous even if you are posting on any board or local boards. It is not compulsory to post on your local board, if you want to be part in a discussion related to crypto issues in your country then you can participate in that discussion if you want. I do not think such a question needs to be asked as it is simple logic and does not require a discussion surrounding it.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1024
Hello Leo! You can still win.
September 01, 2023, 04:21:25 AM
Posting on local boards shows your real identity and on local board one can easily flow with the discussions over there, since the most popular countries have their own local boards and people on bitcointalk.org posts on the board but I am wondering if is a must for evey bitcointalkers to post on their local boards, maybe for one reason or the other.
The purpose of bitcointalk forum is to discuss about bitcoin and make people all over the world to understand bitcoin and its usage. Then the essence of the local board is to prevent English from being a barrier to people who wants to learn Bitcoin.
It is not necessarily for hang out. Any user who understands English very well might not need the local board for anything. So to keep the records straight there is no board that is compulsory for anyone to post. This forum is a representation of Bitcoin. It is all about Liberty, just play within the unofficial rules and you are good to go. No limitation and no jail.
Activity: 602
Merit: 638
September 01, 2023, 04:20:10 AM
No, it's not a must, as there are even most members here on this forum who don't even deem it necessary to identify themselves on their local boards, but they are doing their regular exploration on a daily basis on the forum.

To me, being active on your local board is just either to familiarise yourself with people who are from your area or to add value to people who are there and need your guidance, exchange ideas regarding what's happening on your country side, both crypto and non-crypto-related issues, and think of every possibility in helping each other grow. If you don't find any of those necessary, then you can stop going to your local board. No one will penalise you for not visiting your local board or for being inactive. It's just a personal decision, nothing more.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1156
September 01, 2023, 04:19:09 AM
Honestly I can't understand how you can confuse about this, why you're not posting in Off topic, Serious Discussion, or Development & Technical Discussion? why you're tend to post in Gambling board? you don't have to answer as the answer is personal desire.

I was confused about an user posting in many local boards, turns out many people answer it's fine and there's no limit as long as the user understand about the language.
Activity: 672
Merit: 855
September 01, 2023, 04:07:39 AM
It is not a must to post on your local board, the reason I think behind for local boards is simply to have you relate with people that speak your language. The entire forum set up is on English so not having local boards will limit the users who are not from English speaking nations and do not speak English. That’s why you see local boards in here and the reason why threads are also been translated to different local boards. This way even non English speaking members can join the forum and benefit from its knowledge.

If you feel the general boards has given you everything then no need to go to local boards again, it is fine although I would say you should guide people from your local board too. Also local board doesn’t mean where you are coming from but you can join a board that you can read and understand that board language as well not necessarily your local board. But be aware that the use of translators are strictly forbidden
Activity: 266
Merit: 217
September 01, 2023, 04:05:11 AM
Pages:
Jump to: