Pages:
Author

Topic: Stocks fall globally as Greek talks collapse - page 6. (Read 8244 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
If greek really does collapse, the whole euro will shrug it off and learn to never lend a black hole.

They never grown import and exports wise, besides being a tourist destination. Its like cutting allowance to your kid who always didnt have enough for bubble gum thats .25 cent short every single day. Sooner or later you say no.
Activity: 798
When you look at the problem as a purely Greek monetary problem, you have already failed in your analysis and conclusion.

Lets say that Greece does default. It is a relatively small amount of money and the loses are spread out over the whole world thanks to the IMF.

Its not the money, its the confidence in the union that will take the bigger hit.

yup

There is still confidence in the Union ??!!
Ooops ...

I remember reading a paper in the late mid 90's procalaimng that the Euro would inevitably collapse into chaos. Seems very prescient now.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
When you look at the problem as a purely Greek monetary problem, you have already failed in your analysis and conclusion.

Lets say that Greece does default. It is a relatively small amount of money and the loses are spread out over the whole world thanks to the IMF.

Its not the money, its the confidence in the union that will take the bigger hit.
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

yup
Activity: 798
When chinese stock market bubble burst I think the chinese will again go crazy for bitcoin.

When the Chinese stock market bubble bursts, I imagine it will take a large proportion of any funds that could have been put into BTC with it  Undecided
Some will survive, sure, but others will be totally wiped out
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1013
As far as the Greek situation goes, anything that involves capital controls is good for bitcoin, because bitcoin makes capital controls a thing of the past.
legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061
When chinese stock market bubble burst I think the chinese will again go crazy for bitcoin.

I dont think so, the user base is still not there for btc to be useful day-to-day and make people feel safe buying it to hold for a while.  Gold and silver seem like the likely winners...

It has never nor is it ever likely to be 'useful' for Chinese people. I'm sure a fair few do use it to squeeze around capital controls where they can, but the government was awfully quick to squash any possibility of day to day utility.

(Not that I'm an expert but ..) For the chinese mentality I don't think its about usefullness of the tech but simply best place to gamble on huge gains.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I dont think so, the user base is still not there for btc to be useful day-to-day and make people feel safe buying it to hold for a while.  Gold and silver seem like the likely winners...

It has never nor is it ever likely to be 'useful' for Chinese people. I'm sure a fair few do use it to squeeze around capital controls where they can, but the government was awfully quick to squash any possibility of day to day utility.

I think the more concerning thing here is that governments everywhere are become more restrictive, more oppressive and less open to giving people freewill to live how they want to.  But thats a subject for another thread...
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
Falling stock prices, and anything global just gives suggestions to investors of possibe crypto investment.

But, thats if we had some traditional form passed and we have none in that area which been trying what 2-3 years now? lol.
Activity: 924
I don't think there'll be much or any effect. If there is then it'll probably be negative. If your stocks fly down the toilet I can't imagine you'd feel much more cheerful about your crypto. It'll be a long time, if ever, before it attracts a 'safe haven' status.

Traders who handle gold, silver and other commodities look for these turns in the markets to build positions in them, because they are inversely correlated to some degree. These guys trade anything for a profit, even crypto. And crypto is treated as a commodity.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Because cryptocurrency isn't relevant enough for global finance.

Right now it doesn't need to be relevant to the whole globe, just a few million more people who have had enough of their savings seized or their fiat purchasing power diluted.

Also, I feel sorry for the Chinese retail investors. They don't realize it yet, but they are the unwitting participants in their government's attempt at a 'bail in' using their domestic stock market as the vehicle.  They will all soon be holding very heavy bags of way overvalued Chinese stock, that will begin a multi-year descent, and probably won't see a rise again for 7+ years or possibly a decade or more.

This reminds me of the war islamic state militants try to wage against the west. as they have been very successful occupying third world territories with AK47s supplied by rouge Saudi princes a single nimitz class air craft carrier can keep them at bay indefinitely.
legendary
Activity: 3584
Merit: 5047

Right now it doesn't need to be relevant to the whole globe, just a few million more people who have had enough of their savings seized or their fiat purchasing power diluted.

Also, I feel sorry for the Chinese retail investors. They don't realize it yet, but they are the unwitting participants in their government's attempt at a 'bail in' using their domestic stock market as the vehicle.  They will all soon be holding very heavy bags of way overvalued Chinese stock, that will begin a multi-year descent, and probably won't see a rise again for 7+ years or possibly a decade or more.
Activity: 442
Merit: 250

Oh and before somebody brings up Cyprus: Remember Neo & Bee?

Since investing in btc is easier than ever it is completely realistic to expect some of those profits can find its way into btc system  Wink
legendary
I haven't got as much time on my hands any more, not a bad thing.
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

"Oh and before somebody brings up Germany: Remember the War?" (DON'T MENTION THE WAR!)

Mucus, you've been trolling this here forum since 2011. Did you manage to pick some up along the way? Kiss Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I don't think there'll be much or any effect. If there is then it'll probably be negative. If your stocks fly down the toilet I can't imagine you'd feel much more cheerful about your crypto. It'll be a long time, if ever, before it attracts a 'safe haven' status.
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: