Pages:
Author

Topic: Stolen bitcoins? - page 2. (Read 2693 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
April 15, 2013, 07:02:14 AM
run malwarebytes, what does it say?

I would advise Hitman Pro http://www.surfright.nl/en
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
April 15, 2013, 06:52:59 AM
run malwarebytes, what does it say?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
‘Try to be nice’
April 15, 2013, 06:51:09 AM
Can someone help me figure out how this happened?

I purchased 8 bitcoins today and had them sent to my bitcoin-qt wallet, I got an email saying they have been sent so open it up and see they have arrived but are unconfirmed, so I come back an hour or so later to find that they have already been sent from my address to another address that I do not own (afaik, unless I am missing something here) and my balance is now at 0 bitcoins.

How the hell does this happen? I expect there is no way to recover those coins now? It's at 3/6 confirmations now for this new address... Am I screwed? I'm pretty careful about downloading anything that could be malware or clicking links etc so I have no idea how this happened? Is there anything I can do now?

Dam what OS are you running? Vista?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
April 15, 2013, 06:19:23 AM
If you are screwed or not nobody can say.
I would say you have malware on your computer, if it really happened as you described.

TX ID's, do you have them? You can double click the transactions on Bitcoin-qt and it will show you the details, including the TX ID
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 15, 2013, 06:08:09 AM
Can someone help me figure out how this happened?

I purchased 8 bitcoins today and had them sent to my bitcoin-qt wallet, I got an email saying they have been sent so open it up and see they have arrived but are unconfirmed, so I come back an hour or so later to find that they have already been sent from my address to another address that I do not own (afaik, unless I am missing something here) and my balance is now at 0 bitcoins.

How the hell does this happen? I expect there is no way to recover those coins now? It's at 3/6 confirmations now for this new address... Am I screwed? I'm pretty careful about downloading anything that could be malware or clicking links etc so I have no idea how this happened? Is there anything I can do now?
Pages:
Jump to: