Pages:
Author

Topic: stolen bitcoins from Bitcoin Core - page 3. (Read 7736 times)

staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
July 16, 2015, 02:16:31 PM
I have Mac version 10.6.8
That might be the problem. You are using an old unsupported os.

I HAVE THE COIN DATA BACKED UP AS A .DAT FILE....CAN I TRY LOADING A DIFFERENT PROGRAM AND OPENING THE COINS IN THAT OTHER PROGRAM EVEN IF THEY WERE CREATED/BACKED UP FROM THRE BITCOIN CORE PROGRAM?
Yes. You can import the wallet.dat file into blockchain.info's web wallet and perhaps other wallets too. However, if you do that, I would recommend that once the wallet is imported, to move all of the Bitcoin to a new wallet and not receive any Bitcoin on addresses from the old wallet.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 16, 2015, 02:10:36 PM
http://www.screencast.com/users/kirwin2009/folders/Default/media/64ea6c42-6f55-40b7-8dd1-b3ed8c517465

HI

I still can not get bitcoin core to update the block chain. I cannot get Bitcoin Core to open. 

I tried to reinstall and I got the same error message (See screen shot) 

Finally....I have deleted bitcoin core and reloaded the bitcoin core program from bitcoin.org

I had to install the version  "2015-05-19 - Bitcoin Core version 0.10.2"

The newer version would not work because it said my Mac software needed to be newer

I have Mac version 10.6.8

After deleting the bitcoin core and reinstalling it...I still get the same error message

I cannot open the program

I HAVE THE COIN DATA BACKED UP AS A .DAT FILE....CAN I TRY LOADING A DIFFERENT PROGRAM AND OPENING THE COINS IN THAT OTHER PROGRAM EVEN IF THEY WERE CREATED/BACKED UP FROM THRE BITCOIN CORE PROGRAM?

JOHN KIRWIN
Activity: 210
Merit: 104
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
June 20, 2015, 01:17:03 PM
If you know how to start a shell, you could try to see if bitcoind or bitcoin-cli will work.  If you can run those, then you can still export your keys through there.  This will likely be more entailed and less point and click than bitcoin-qt
June 20, 2015, 12:08:18 PM
Thanks to everyone for all your help so far....In my saga I am now trying to reload Bitcoin core....however....I cant.....I downloaded the latest version from Bitcoin.org....but when I try to load it....I am getting the same error message....see screen shot below

http://www.screencast.com/users/kirwin2009/folders/Default/media/64ea6c42-6f55-40b7-8dd1-b3ed8c517465

I even tried deleting the old version by dragging it into the trach and then reloading but I got the same error message  ....if I do a search using the hour glass in the top right for wallet.dat.....I find nothing......I did back up wallet.dat to a flash when I first did this so I have it

How do I get Bitcoin Core to reload....so I can open it?

Thanks
Activity: 210
Merit: 104
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
June 20, 2015, 10:37:13 AM
I would suggest:
1) If you know enough about your OS to do a low level file search, search for wallet.dat
2) If you know enough about bitcoin-qt to determine which of the wallet.dat files is correct, copy that one to backup.
3) If you know enough about partial nodes like Multibit or bitcoinJ, try importing your backed-up wallet.dat into one of those.

partial node programs will sync with the blockchain many many orders of magnitude faster.  Minutes -vs- days.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
June 20, 2015, 10:14:51 AM
You can backup the wallet.dat, perform a fresh install of Bitcoin core and let the synchronisation process complete. Then copy the wallet.dat once the client is synchronised and check your balance.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
June 20, 2015, 03:18:30 AM
Great.....!but I still cant boot the program....I get the error message (See screen shot in last message)....how do I get the software to open....
Disable the anti virus completely. The IP address was a full node which is required for syncing. Anti virus are known to block any connections to the computer.
staff
Just writing some code
June 19, 2015, 04:01:06 PM
Great.....!but I still cant boot the program....I get the error message (See screen shot in last message)....how do I get the software to open....
Can you post a screenshot of the report when you click report?
I think the solution would be to just reinstall Bitcoin Core. Reinstalling will not delete the blockchain you already downloaded previously, nor will it delete your wallet. Just to be safe though, before reinstalling, copy the wallet.dat file to a safe location.
June 19, 2015, 03:57:55 PM
staff
Just writing some code
June 19, 2015, 03:17:11 PM
That is not a hacking attempt, that is a node on the Bitcoin network trying to make a connection to your node. You should click "allow" so that you have a connection to the Bitcoin network and can fully sync the blockchain.
staff
Just writing some code
June 19, 2015, 02:41:30 PM
I am returning to this thread because I still have a problem.  Its now worse.  Please see thread for details.  The screen shot below shows the error message that I am now getting.  After my last conversation I went to update the blockchain and after I left it for a while Bitcoin stopped working.....all the while I was getting error message that computers were trying to access Bicoin (Hack attempts)
Can you post a screenshot about these messages about hack attempts? These are probably not hack attempts but rather Bitcoin Core attempting to connect to the Bitcoin network. These messages are probably from your firewall, and you must let Bitcoin Core through the firewall in order to connect properly to the network.
June 19, 2015, 02:35:34 PM
I am returning to this thread because I still have a problem.  Its now worse.  Please see thread for details.  The screen shot below shows the error message that I am now getting.  After my last conversation I went to update the blockchain and after I left it for a while Bitcoin stopped working.....all the while I was getting error message that computers were trying to access Bicoin (Hack attempts)

Now I cant open the Bitcoin Core Software.......

See error message

http://www.screencast.com/users/kirwin2009/folders/Default/media/f7f8d3c3-917c-4746-ac0c-6edd69a52fb2

Any suggestions
legendary
Activity: 4130
Merit: 1307
June 01, 2015, 03:22:17 PM
Screenshot of Bitcoin Desktop (It used to say Balance 5)

http://www.screencast.com/users/kirwin2009/folders/Default/media/50c2fdac-bcf1-460e-8aec-6ce4734ef8e1

Bitcoin Receive section

http://www.screencast.com/users/kirwin2009/folders/Default/media/78e901e5-41f9-4d3d-a934-f4d20771c621

Firewall Warning (NOTE  This starts popping up about 1 minute after I open the utility and it starts to download the blockchain)

http://www.screencast.com/users/kirwin2009/folders/Default/media/cb7060fa-9e4b-4cdf-aee4-b4512b7c770c  

The coins have been sitting in this wallet unued since 2013....no activity.....I just recently decided to move them to a different computer so I need to download the latest blockchain so I could prosess a transfer.    During the downloiad I got hacked.....the download never completed and I did not try to make a transfer

This is likely the most important part.  HOW did you "move them to a different computer"?   Did you copy only the one private key or the entire wallet.dat?

Also, do you still have access to the old computer?  If so, (and if what you are saying is accurate), then in all likelihood all the private keys needed to access all your BTC are in there.  You can export ALL the private keys from there and import them elsewhere.

Likewise for Litecoin  (Lite not Light), you should copy your wallet.dat over.

The good news is that it seems extremely unlikely you got hacked since the coins have not moved in 18 months.  ;-)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
June 01, 2015, 02:27:17 PM
Why not give Electrum a try? You don't have to download the whole blockchain and wait to sync. Or you can split the amount and use them both.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
May 31, 2015, 04:13:26 PM
As I said   It was updated in 2013  and it has shown the balance to be 5 since that  time.  I am absolutley sure of that.  within the last week it went from 5 to 0. 

Im Not sure what to do next?

Are they actually gone if it says 5 unconfirmed or are they gone

WHat steps do I need to take to get the lightcoins off this computer without losing those

ie

1) Run Malware as you suggested
2) Make sure firewall is upto date
3) HuhHuh??

First of all calm down. Your coins are not lost and you don't have to do anything except wait for the wallet to syncronize and download the whole blockchain. If you're in a hurry you can use dumpprivkey console command to export the private keys of the two mentioned addresses.  
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
May 31, 2015, 04:11:32 PM
Screenshot of Bitcoin Desktop (It used to say Balance 5)

http://www.screencast.com/users/kirwin2009/folders/Default/media/50c2fdac-bcf1-460e-8aec-6ce4734ef8e1

Bitcoin Receive section

http://www.screencast.com/users/kirwin2009/folders/Default/media/78e901e5-41f9-4d3d-a934-f4d20771c621

Firewall Warning (NOTE  This starts popping up about 1 minute after I open the utility and it starts to download the blockchain)

http://www.screencast.com/users/kirwin2009/folders/Default/media/cb7060fa-9e4b-4cdf-aee4-b4512b7c770c  

The coins have been sitting in this wallet unued since 2013....no activity.....I just recently decided to move them to a different computer so I need to download the latest blockchain so I could prosess a transfer.    During the downloiad I got hacked.....the download never completed and I did not try to make a transfer

How did you move the coins?

Did you use the backup when you first installed the client or you used a backup made after all those transactions? Do you still have access to the previous wallet?

You may have lost the change address, if so, 4 bitcoins are lost.

To 'move' your litecoins you just need to backup your wallet.dat, it's exactly the same as bitcoin.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
May 31, 2015, 04:02:07 PM
As I said   It was updated in 2013  and it has shown the balance to be 5 since that  time.  I am absolutley sure of that.  within the last week it went from 5 to 0. 

WHat steps do I need to take to get the lightcoins off this computer without losing those

ie

3) HuhHuh??

1. As knightdk said, Just sync your wallet and you'll be fine, your bitcoins are not lost.
2. You don't need to do anything to keep your litecoin's safe as you are running OSX and it doesn't gets infected with malware easily.
staff
Just writing some code
May 31, 2015, 03:56:36 PM
Looking at your screenshots, it seems that your client has not synced yet. It is updating the balance as it syncs and it has only synced up to December 2013. Wait until the red "out of sync" message next to where it says "wallet" and "recent transactions" to go away. Once that is gone, Bitcoin Core should be fully up to date and you will see how much you actually have.

You should allow the connection to your computer if someone is attempting to connect to Bitcoin-qt or Bitcoin core. This will allow you to be connected to the network and sync the blockchain.
May 31, 2015, 03:55:51 PM

ie

3) HuhHuh??

Pages:
Jump to: