Pages:
Author

Topic: STOLEN BITCOINS / HACKED ACCOUNTS - page 2. (Read 1340 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 47
BE-RACEFUL GRACEFUL
November 15, 2017, 02:26:47 PM
@fahim Thankyou so much for the kind words..Always a ray of hope exsits for people who are being cheated by shady souls.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
November 15, 2017, 02:16:40 PM
first of all people must need to understand the technology and risks, there is no safe fo naif people who not care for the level of security that should be  take before going to press any button   Wink
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
November 15, 2017, 02:13:53 PM
Hello Dear Bitcoiners,

Firstly I appreciate the Beautiful Block Chain Technology but after

Have anybody lost/got stollen their Bitcoins due to Fradulent activity and the best ways to get/retrieve them back.However the accounts have been locked but the damage was already done.I got to know that somebody transferred the Bitcoins into an external address only by myself after checking my account which had 0 coins after two hours of the transfer was done,immediately called my Wallet customer care where they locked my account to hold off on the further transactions but thought two hours was not too late to hold off the transaction but it was already done.4.5 BTCs just got off and my heart broke.

When I buy a Bitcoin it takes a week to be delivered into my account but when a fraud happens the transfer went on immediately Sad..Wish these scammers are punished and there is a little enhanced block chain technology to stop these Sad

Any advices/help in this regards is appreciated Sad

But always protect/safe guard your accounts,I would repeat the same message in each of my post as I know how painful it was to loose your hard earned money for some scammers Sad..I would have been happy if it was donated by myself for charity purpose rather being robbed/stolen by the scammers/hackers Sad

Sad

Sorry for your loss man and I do feel on what you do feel since I did experience these things back in my newbie days too which ive been scammed and lose up all of my hard earned money which you do strive to earn and they did easily get it from your because of our negligence and carelessness. Talking on enhanced blockchain technology then theres no such thing exist this is why we should really be careful on online transactions to prevent such accidents of being scammed.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
November 15, 2017, 02:06:17 PM
I do not even know what to say. Maybe you're lucky in something else. Maybe there is love. I dont know. Do not be discouraged, do not worry. If somewhere it decreased in another it'll increase. I hope you will have a pleasant surprise in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
November 15, 2017, 01:36:28 PM
Hello DarkAngel,

At this point of time,yes I take the total blame for the trust I had on people.After all we are humanbeings with a normal thinking and being a woman,I was pretty cool brained soul and ended up learning a big lesson.

Imagine 4.5 BTCs for a person like me is a Huge loss,non-reversable and unrecoverable.

Big lesson learnt and spreading the awareness to my Co-Bitcoiners to not to fall a prey.My damage has been done ,hope a Robinhood comes his way !!

I'm really sorry and I know it's a big hit. It would be the same for me as I wasn't born with a silver spoon and I'm not used to taking money for granted.
The only thing you can do is follow your coins on blockchain and hope the thief is dumb enough to deposit on an exchange without mixing it. You can also ask the site your money were stolen from to send you the ip of the person who made the withdrawal. They most certainly have it. Most of these hacks could be tracked back to the source if you were backed by the authorities. For instance if he used a VPN, the service could be asked for his real IP.
Bottom line, as long as you control the keys the money is safe. I have been using various cryptocurrencies for the past 4 years and haven't lost a single coin, although I was close to that when the exchange I used to trade on run away with all the money. Luckily, I went on holidays and had nothing there at that time.
I hope in the near time cryptos will explode again and you'll get everything back and more Smiley
BE-RACEFUL GRACEFUL
November 15, 2017, 01:34:54 PM
@mondobitcoin Lesson learnt Sad
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
November 15, 2017, 01:28:33 PM
I don't know exactly how the "hacker" stole bitcoins from you, but I can recommend you to use an offline wallet
Because an online wallet or an exchanges wallet , is unsafe. (Like blockchain, localbitcoin etc.)
And NEVER give your private keys to anyone!
BE-RACEFUL GRACEFUL
November 15, 2017, 01:10:28 PM
Totally Agreed guys,its irreversible and still havent had that fork introduced/implements and dont think so it would be something we can expect as per the  knowledge I have.

Yes the investigation is being done,I updated my Exchange on the unauthorized transaction,by the time I saw it was 3hours past and was told its not reversible and my acccount has been locked.I was angry/upset/annoyed about the fradulent activity had all the mixed feelings and finally broke and had sleepless nights.

I also updated the scam numbers which says Coinbase/Kraken/GDAX support and try to access your computer.The surprising thing is if you search for GDAX support thats the number which pops up first,already updated Google on the same and have raised a request to delete the number from the search so many people could be saved from those scammers/fraudsters.

Its easily understandable that they were the ones who did all these,but there was no way to get hold off them as the numbers dont allow my calls as my number is blocked in the receiving calls and they dont have a website or anything.ALl they are doing is calling you from 888 number and get hold of you and get into your computer.

Hope Iam already little out of it but still need sometime to completely come out of the nightmare.

Feels like wish I kept it more secure ,it hurts to see the 0 in place of 4.5 BTCs Sad(

Hope a miracle happens and I see the number again Smiley
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
November 15, 2017, 01:00:29 PM
Bitcoin allows you to have a control over your money saving it from fiat inflation and manipulation by centralized authority. This makes you responsible for the security of your Bitcoin. If any one develops a system to reverse Bitcoin transactions, then that gonna ultimately kill the integrity of Bitcoin. Indeed scams are way too common in crypto market. Along with pros decentralization and anonymity have their owns flaws as well.

The only ones that have the power to reverse the transactions are the developers, and I can't see that fork being supported by the miners or the community. Bitcoin allows you to keep your Bitcoin safe yourself, but it's still open to influence from anyone with a decent authority or investment. 
Activity: 896
Merit: 521
November 15, 2017, 12:52:32 PM
Bitcoin allows you to have a control over your money saving it from fiat inflation and manipulation by centralized authority. This makes you responsible for the security of your Bitcoin. If any one develops a system to reverse Bitcoin transactions, then that gonna ultimately kill the integrity of Bitcoin. Indeed scams are way too common in crypto market. Along with pros decentralization and anonymity have their owns flaws as well.
Activity: 112
November 15, 2017, 12:48:18 PM
Today, the case of loss bitcoin so much, we must pay attention to the password security,
We shouldn't say the password for anyone, as well as personally related to bitcoin account
Activity: 67
November 15, 2017, 12:40:01 PM
It's hard, I know, but you need to get up again and maybe, try to investigate a bit on what happened. Malwares, logging in insecure devices, this all make online wallets the worst way to secure your BTC and should avoid it if you have more than 1BTC. Good luck in future, hope you get back.
BE-RACEFUL GRACEFUL
November 15, 2017, 12:35:37 PM
Thankyou Chip,will take all those precious advices if I start trading again,still coming out of the fact that Iam at a huge loss.
Trying to meditate and keep my mind cool,not so easy though after seeing such a huge loss.

Coming back into the normal world and feeling good after hearing such good words and still makes me feel and hope that there are nice people existing there still.
Activity: 202
November 15, 2017, 12:26:03 PM
You need to improve your account security, your bitcoin wallet. Somehow hackers can install malware on your computer
BE-RACEFUL GRACEFUL
November 15, 2017, 12:22:14 PM
Thankyou Svelto,already my money has been drained I should wait for some more time to restart trading and put eveyrhting in a safe wallet once Iam back.To start it back I should wait sometime to earn and buy BTCs or somebody should give a humble donation Smiley)

Anyways thankyou for the concern.

Infact,frankly speaking it would have been nice of those scammers/fraudsters to beg and get money rather stealing somebody's BTCs this way.

I would have been generous to donate if they would have asked me rather stealing from me.

Now my situation is the other way round,after loosing the BTCs Sad(
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
November 15, 2017, 12:14:00 PM
It's hard to hack  Grin. Impossible, I think so.
Activity: 158
November 15, 2017, 12:13:21 PM
The blockchain technology is not weak, it is the endspoints (exchanges, wallets etc) that are weak in security. Bitcoin hacks have become sophisticated with time. But, where there's more regulation and accountability on exchanges, it will only become better. Presently, things are not good but it is going to get better
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
November 15, 2017, 12:12:39 PM
Ah, man, i'm sorry for your loss. This is just plain bad. It's really amazing how many shady characters there are out there just waiting for the oportunity...
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
November 15, 2017, 12:04:16 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, 4.5 BTC is a big amount and I am sure you feel sad. It is really not feasible to keep your BTC in an online wallet. I suggest you to invest in a hardware wallet which cost less than $100 to keep your BTC safe.
BE-RACEFUL GRACEFUL
November 15, 2017, 11:51:22 AM
Hello DarkAngel,

At this point of time,yes I take the total blame for the trust I had on people.After all we are humanbeings with a normal thinking and being a woman,I was pretty cool brained soul and ended up learning a big lesson.

Imagine 4.5 BTCs for a person like me is a Huge loss,non-reversable and unrecoverable.

Big lesson learnt and spreading the awareness to my Co-Bitcoiners to not to fall a prey.My damage has been done ,hope a Robinhood comes his way !!
Pages:
Jump to: