Pages:
Author

Topic: STOP BUYING INTO ALT COINS , as you are indirectly hurting Bitcoin - page 6. (Read 8521 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Bitcoin has to beat out competition over time.  There is no getting around this and it doesn't have any impact (detrimental) on Bitcoin.  Learn how to business!

Lol, i feel sorry for you
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Bitcoin has to beat out competition over time.  There is no getting around this and it doesn't have any impact (detrimental) on Bitcoin.  Learn how to business!
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
BTC has already earned the reserve status, people buy BTC to invest in alt-coins.  So nothing is going to hurt BTC since using BTC in trades only leads to wider adoption of BTC.

I think it would just have the opposite effect -- more people buying into alt coins, the better off BTC is.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
When people buy BTC (with cash) so they can be part of the alt coin "scene", then the alts are helping BTC.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Dilution as a 'tragedy of the commons' is real, yes, but it's clear the system isn't going to collapse unless we see ten thousand more direct clones. Coins that really supersede Bitcoin, like Cryptonote, are a totally different matter, wouldn't you agree?
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Omg, are you so naive?

buy low, sell high.  Keep washing.

Learn to play

Activity: 178
Merit: 100
As you all are aware of recent Aurora coin that shot up to $100 with market cap almost $ 1.2 Billion.

That is almost 15% of Bitcoin Market Cap.

Of course as predicted, everyone sell it off and now it is worth $ 1.49 with market cap of $ 15 m.

In almost all exchanges, all alt coins are quoted by xxx/BTC.

Hence, for example, a person wish to sell Aurora Coin, he has to change to BTC via AUR/BTC and then BTC/US.

This has TWO Major implication.

Firstly, it will PUSH the price down as he would SELL it to the highest buyer.

Secondly, the alt coin will "eat into" the Bitcoin Market Cap.

I wish to call upon all exchanges to either change this exchange model to a specific value that doesn't involved Bitcoin and normal people don't buy into all these alt coins.

As you can see, by doing this, you are actually causing more harm to Bitcoin price indirectly.
Pages:
Jump to: