Pages:
Author

Topic: Stop by our pool give us feed back - page 3. (Read 3609 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 10
January 28, 2015, 05:57:56 PM
Thanks! i have been working on making it as easy to navigate as possible.
the donation to creator is the least we can do after all his work and Hours of coding and learning the network side of the bitcoin framework.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
January 28, 2015, 04:12:50 PM
Just took a quick look at your site... I like the color scheme you chose.  Too bad the two shares you found were both orphaned.  Also, you're very generous to offer 1% donation to the p2pool author (forrestv).  Most people don't bother to provide anything at all.

Where How do you see the two shares are orphaned? When I look they look good? Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
January 28, 2015, 04:06:32 PM
Just took a quick look at your site... I like the color scheme you chose.  Too bad the two shares you found were both orphaned.  Also, you're very generous to offer 1% donation to the p2pool author (forrestv).  Most people don't bother to provide anything at all.
January 28, 2015, 02:26:13 PM
Well now........... we might have an interesting week then = 0 lol
Thanks for the detailed information.
legendary
January 28, 2015, 02:06:13 PM
Good info! how do you compare the earnings vs other pools will our guys mining see a better return mining the p2pool?
Ahh... the penultimate question that everyone asks, "How does p2pool stack up against others?"

Too bad there really is no way to answer it definitively.  I can share my experience with it.  I can show you threads that compare p2pool to other pools - but each is subjective.

My personal experience with p2pool has been extremely positive.  I have made far more mining on p2pool than expectations show I should have.  I think the biggest thing you and your miners need to understand when they decide to make the jump to p2pool is that you absolutely MUST have patience.  P2Pool miners go through cold spells and hot spells.  You might get lucky and find more than the expected number of shares on the chain, and then p2pool might find more than the expected number of blocks, leading you to make far more in a day than you reasonably should.  The converse is also true.  You might find fewer than expected shares and p2pool finds fewer than expected blocks, leaving you with far less than you should have made.  Variance is far more prevalent with p2pool for your average miner.  If you've got ADHD or freak out because you were supposed to make 0.00234147BTC a day, but only made 0.00234146BTC then p2pool is not for you.

One of the biggest draws for me was the fact that I do not have to rely upon some pool operator and whether or not that operator is out to scam me and the rest of the miners.  I don't have to worry about fancy payout systems, setting payout thresholds, any of it.  When a block is found, if I have shares on the chain, I get paid.  Period.  There are no late payments, missed payouts, complaints to tech support and opening a ticket.  Nothing.  Got a share?  Get paid for it.

Interesting thanks for explaining it further.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
January 28, 2015, 01:33:25 PM
Good info! how do you compare the earnings vs other pools will our guys mining see a better return mining the p2pool?
Ahh... the penultimate question that everyone asks, "How does p2pool stack up against others?"

Too bad there really is no way to answer it definitively.  I can share my experience with it.  I can show you threads that compare p2pool to other pools - but each is subjective.

My personal experience with p2pool has been extremely positive.  I have made far more mining on p2pool than expectations show I should have.  I think the biggest thing you and your miners need to understand when they decide to make the jump to p2pool is that you absolutely MUST have patience.  P2Pool miners go through cold spells and hot spells.  You might get lucky and find more than the expected number of shares on the chain, and then p2pool might find more than the expected number of blocks, leading you to make far more in a day than you reasonably should.  The converse is also true.  You might find fewer than expected shares and p2pool finds fewer than expected blocks, leaving you with far less than you should have made.  Variance is far more prevalent with p2pool for your average miner.  If you've got ADHD or freak out because you were supposed to make 0.00234147BTC a day, but only made 0.00234146BTC then p2pool is not for you.

One of the biggest draws for me was the fact that I do not have to rely upon some pool operator and whether or not that operator is out to scam me and the rest of the miners.  I don't have to worry about fancy payout systems, setting payout thresholds, any of it.  When a block is found, if I have shares on the chain, I get paid.  Period.  There are no late payments, missed payouts, complaints to tech support and opening a ticket.  Nothing.  Got a share?  Get paid for it.
January 28, 2015, 01:18:00 PM
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
January 28, 2015, 01:03:16 PM
Glad to help.  Another question that comes up a lot is, "How long is my share valid on the payout list?" The answer is 3 times the average shares to find a block OR 8160 shares, whichever is smaller.  Since shares are supposed to be found every 30 seconds, this turns into a maximum of 3 days that your share will be valid for payout.  Obviously it fluctuates but, generally if expected time to block is a day, your share on the chain will last for 3 days.

Also in relation to shares is, "how much is my share worth?" Each share is given a weight, and when the payouts are calculated your share weights are compared to all the other shares on the chain.  This also constantly fluctuates because it is primarily based upon share difficulty.  In other words, the higher the difficulty of finding a share to add on the chain, the more that share is typically worth.
January 28, 2015, 12:19:52 PM
Thanks jonnybravo0311 I hope you don't Mind i used your input on our site! http://mining.bounceme.net
January 28, 2015, 12:00:27 PM
as we are both new to this.....
i am thankful for this input and Here i was thinking we was getting suckered and i was wasting my time thanks for the clarification !
but regardless of the miners work if i see i get some pay i will share with my friends on the pool helping cause after all we are after the same thing Good Pay and better speeds for our area in the Midwest this help will make sure we get this right....

Thanks Again!
legendary
January 28, 2015, 11:49:20 AM
looking good so far! just sent out some thank you cause i still dont know if this thing is working.. but what ever comes in on my end i make sure i split = )

Just seen it thanks! This my first time trying a miner on a p2pool and have to admit I am really not sure how the payout works. I will try and find the time to read up on it.
There's a rather long thread about p2pool right here in these forums Smiley

I'll give you a brief summary: p2pool works on a PPLNS payout where you get paid for however many shares you currently have on the payout list when a block is found.  To find a share, you are essentially solo-mining a low difficulty coin.  The current difficulty of that share fluctuates between 8 and 12 million.  When you find a share, it is broadcast to the p2pool network in much the same way finding a block of BTC is broadcast.  If your version of the share chain is accepted, congratulations you now have a share on the chain.  The more shares you have on the chain, the higher your payout is when a block of BTC is found.  You receive newly generated coins, and as such must wait for 101 confirmations before you can spend them.

Thank you for the Cliff Note version as I knew there was a thread that explained it in detail but passed over it pretty much as I never before mined on a p2pool.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
January 28, 2015, 11:45:56 AM
looking good so far! just sent out some thank you cause i still dont know if this thing is working.. but what ever comes in on my end i make sure i split = )

Just seen it thanks! This my first time trying a miner on a p2pool and have to admit I am really not sure how the payout works. I will try and find the time to read up on it.
There's a rather long thread about p2pool right here in these forums Smiley

I'll give you a brief summary: p2pool works on a PPLNS payout where you get paid for however many shares you currently have on the payout list when a block is found.  To find a share, you are essentially solo-mining a low difficulty coin.  The current difficulty of that share fluctuates between 8 and 12 million.  When you find a share, it is broadcast to the p2pool network in much the same way finding a block of BTC is broadcast.  If your version of the share chain is accepted, congratulations you now have a share on the chain.  The more shares you have on the chain, the higher your payout is when a block of BTC is found.  You receive newly generated coins, and as such must wait for 101 confirmations before you can spend them.
legendary
January 28, 2015, 11:12:42 AM

January 28, 2015, 10:46:06 AM
legendary
January 28, 2015, 05:53:36 AM
yup sure was my ISP = / got it sorted out waiting for the blocks to reindex and going to give this an other go!
That sucks we was on our way to see how this p2pool worked errr

But wanted to drop in and say thanks for taking the time with us aurel57 i will drop you a thank you as soon as i catch up with all the blocks.

I see your back up and running. I move a S3 back over. I see I am getting a lot less DOA than I was yesterday?
January 27, 2015, 03:58:11 PM
yup sure was my ISP = / got it sorted out waiting for the blocks to reindex and going to give this an other go!
That sucks we was on our way to see how this p2pool worked errr

But wanted to drop in and say thanks for taking the time with us aurel57 i will drop you a thank you as soon as i catch up with all the blocks.
January 27, 2015, 07:44:33 AM
I Guess letting more. Nodes connect to pool killed my connection unless my isp shut me down can't check till morning. Thanks for the heads up!
legendary
January 27, 2015, 07:13:04 AM
Pools stat page is down?

My miners failed over to other pools
January 27, 2015, 06:03:44 AM
im looking forward to seeing how this works out.. i increased the node connections to better the chances for blocks.
Crossing my fingers we wake up to a nice surprise still cant stand how long the p2pool takes to show other miners shares good thing they can check what they are doing via the blockchain.info

Here's to Many Hashes!
legendary
January 27, 2015, 05:57:32 AM
i see the s5 now.. its rolling..

We been weeks trying to get several pools to work just yesterday i finally got to compile the CoiniumServ and test drove it for a little We came back to the p2pool seems to run smoother..

Ya when I pasted the address in I left a space in front. I will let them run a while and see how they do.
Pages:
Jump to: