Pages:
Author

Topic: Stop endorsing the fed - redeem lawful money instead - page 2. (Read 10307 times)

Activity: 675
Merit: 502
Only the treasury can issue them ergo the fed cant lend out more than they have.

Is there a law that says this?
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
They are recognized currency, but they are not redeemable.
thought so Smiley
I don't know about any law that prevents US Notes from being used in fractional reserve banking. If there was I doubt it's enforced. I'll have to watch your video when I have time.
Only the treasury can issue them ergo the fed cant lend out more than they have. and I think the treasury needs the permision of congress to increass the supply (it's in the video somewhere fixed in the billions of dollars range or somthing like that)
Even if it's just another fiat currancy at least it's lawful money issued by the government (and good for the payment of debts) and not private credit (good for the discharge of debts)
"My" only recourse seems to be using Government issued coins exclusively. try carrying $50 in cupro-nickle coins on your person and see how far you get  Shocked
United States Notes were never redeemable in gold or silver coin.
Didn't know that. I thought gold and silver coin was the only lawful money in America...
At the very least they can't use them for fractional reserve banking. Thats a bonus right.

Gold and silver certificates were redeemable but the government canceled redemptions on the former after 1933 and the latter stopped after 1964.
I thought everything from the greenback on was still recognised as circulating currancy. or is it recognised but just not redeemable.
because US notes have not been taken out of circulation they just stoped issuing them.
They are recognized currency, but they are not redeemable.

I don't know about any law that prevents US Notes from being used in fractional reserve banking. If there was I doubt it's enforced. I'll have to watch your video when I have time.
Didn't know that. I thought gold and silver coin was the only lawful money in America...
At the very least they can't use them for fractional reserve banking. Thats a bonus right.

Gold and silver certificates were redeemable but the government canceled redemptions on the former after 1933 and the latter stopped after 1964.
I thought everything from the greenback on was still recognised as circulating currancy. or is it recognised but just not redeemable.
because US notes have not been taken out of circulation they just stoped issuing them.
I'm in Australia ... and it's well past my bedtime  Wink
My American friends, this video on the fed is awsome.
even though you can't redeem fed notes for gold and silver coin you can redeem them for united states notes which are reedeemable in gold and silver coin

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Either the guys mic is horrible or my headphones don't like it.
I'm going to give it another shot when I have it on speakers and don't have to hear the buzz right in my ears.
Sounds interesting though. Thanks for the link.
No problem I hope it helps some people. I didn't notice any buzz over my computer fans  Grin
I'm hoping to find a similar thing in my own country. Time to hit the books I think.

Which country are you in?
I'm going to give it another shot when I have it on speakers and don't have to hear the buzz right in my ears.
No problem I hope it helps some people. I didn't notice any buzz over my computer fans  Grin
I'm hoping to find a similar thing in my own country. Time to hit the books I think.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
My American friends, this video on the fed is awsome.
even though you can't redeem fed notes for gold and silver coin you can redeem them for united states notes which are reedeemable in gold and silver coin
congress stoped printing united states notes but didn't take them out of circulation. you can still deposit them in a bank in the form of a cheque
Thats how they get around the constitution and use private credit as money and also why they started minting bullion coins again

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9010856874304912516#

32 minutes, very dry but very informative and if you get paid in fed notes very liberating Wink
Pages:
Jump to: