Pages:
Author

Topic: Stop Loss, A life saver or a evil? - page 13. (Read 4311 times)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589
December 18, 2019, 09:55:40 AM
Here's the thing. You don't blame stop loss for stopping you from earning a profit, you thank it cause it prevented a loss for you. That's it. The only reason stop loss prevented you from earning a profit was because your prediction was bad. Simply as that. Listen here, Stop loss is a system. A bot so to speak. It has no mind, no intelligence or any of the sort. YOU order it what it needs to do and that's it. You don't blame a friggin light bulb for providing light now do you? If any one is to blame, it is you yourself. Because you told the stop loss what it needs to do, nothing else is to blame.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 267
December 18, 2019, 09:46:35 AM
Hello,

I had this question in mind, since many of my trades with an adjusted stop loss got triggered, but then the market goes in the direction I wanted, but since it got triggered basically im out. I know this is due to big fishes messing around.

What do you guys think, is stop loss something or, or not so good?

It's never bad since your prediction (to take profit) isn't succesful and it forces you to trigger stop-loss. All you need to do is to have a better prediction and consideration for your trading so you won't trigger stop-loss and could take profit from every of your trade.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
December 18, 2019, 09:46:20 AM
Hello,

I had this question in mind, since many of my trades with an adjusted stop loss got triggered, but then the market goes in the direction I wanted, but since it got triggered basically im out. I know this is due to big fishes messing around.

For me its better to have it but try a different way of setting it to stay on a trade because right now market is so volatile in the means of manipulation everywhere its uo to ypu of you want to put all of the risk or still mamage your risk and wait for the setups. The only bad thing is when your position was caught in the act most of the time or maybe your stop loss was too tight on your entry. Try a different place and approach how you will place it.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 252
December 18, 2019, 09:13:50 AM
Hello,

Stop loss is a must for a day trader. Stuck in a coin in a long time is not better than loss a bit of capital and move to another trades with chance to get more profits. So stop loss is the key for day traders who lives their life with trading. But we have to determined where we want to stop loss first before we enter a trade
Activity: 142
Merit: 13
December 18, 2019, 08:17:05 AM
Hello,

Pages:
Jump to: