Pages:
Author

Topic: stop loss and take profit - page 2. (Read 253 times)

TWW
Activity: 1456
Merit: 109
September 07, 2022, 08:40:46 AM
to be honest I don't know the trading platform. but if you are comfortable and confident with the platform I think you will like it. especially with commission-free trading. it is profitable for day trading.

if see your statement, I'm sure you are also new to this platform. learn more about terms and use of tools on the platform. there must be support, you can ask for a better explanation there. I don't think there are many members here or maybe many are avoiding the new exchange platform. unless you're asking about a familiar exchange.
Activity: 771
Merit: 258
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
September 07, 2022, 08:32:19 AM
Stop loss is an option where you can set two prices below the current price of any coin you have taken from the market to avoid loss, one is the stop price and the other is the limit price.That is, when the market price reaches the stop price, then your sell order will be placed at the price you have entered the limit order.You should keep the limit price slightly lower than the stop price so that your order is completed quickly۔How to set take profit. Here we have to select the limit and enter the price and amount here. And the price at which you bought the coin Increase the price and put it on sell in limit option. and as soon as the price increases and your sell limit touch, your tokens will be sold in profit.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 544
We are all the pieces of what we remember.
September 07, 2022, 08:22:17 AM
Hi I wanted to use bitget spot as they seem to have a promotion that allows you to trade commission free.
Lately I have been using bitget futures, and I was using take profit and stop loss orders. But it seems that bitget spot does not have these take profit and stop loss options.

But watching a video of how limit orders work in bitget...I understand that the sell limit orders in bitget spot perform the same function as bybit take profit...or am I wrong?

And is it possible with the sell limit orders in bitget to open a trade that is like a bybit stop loss?

also last question it seems that is not possible to do trailing stop loss in bitget spot, right?
Is this the new derivatives exchange?
I have heard about this new exchange but unfortunately I do not have an account because I am not in the habit of joining a new exchange. I think people here have never used this exchange, so it is difficult to give you an answer.

All exchanges have online and telegram support teams to answer questions for their users. You can ask them directly on the telegram group or you can chat directly with the support staff on their homepage to get the most accurate answer.
This is the futures trading group:
https://t.me/+mgmQzMqM3cg0YmJl
Activity: 307
Merit: 42
September 07, 2022, 08:14:44 AM
Are you talking about spot trade or stop loss? If talking about stop loss and if it is bidgate exchange then I would say see if you find TP/SL text while trading there if not then maybe there is no stop loss system. And if you want to trade professionally then there are many better exchanges like Binance and you will find many options there and you can easily use stop loss.If you don't understand other exchanges, you can directly start trading on Binance and you can easily set stop loss there and you will have profit even if you are offline.And if you can't use Binance Stop Loss, then you can directly watch videos on YouTube to use Binance Stop Loss. Hope you find it useful
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
September 07, 2022, 07:33:00 AM

Or click on close order of the position opened, but select 'limit', (not 'market'). Limit order would let you to select the price you want the order to close.

This depending on the platform use. Some platform when you click on close order it pops with different options below it depending on what they have in the platform, so you could see close order, modify order, new order, charts etc. It depends on what platform.

You can set as many as possible closing limit orders to favour both stop lose and take profit, but on some exchanges,

This is surely a way of losing. Many orders or clustered kinds of options leads to confusion and op looks like a newbie may not be able to handle it. Staying with few understandable options is better.

you can only open one which can be either favoring stop lose or take profit.

This is cool. To trade with few options has more advantage except for the risk takers that goes for higher profit.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
September 07, 2022, 07:09:33 AM
What I post is mainly seen in future trading, not mostly seen on spot trading on most exchanges.

And is it possible with the sell limit orders in bitget to open a trade that is like a bybit stop loss?
I am not a user of the platforms that you mention, but maybe this would help.

If you see anything like this: TP/SL (take profit/ stop loss). In a way you can check ✔️ it. You will be able to include the stop loss and take profit.

Another is after you have opened the order, you can see the stop loss and take profit.

Or click on close order of the position opened, but select 'limit', (not 'market'). Limit order would let you to select the price you want the order to close. You can set as many as possible closing limit orders to favour both stop lose and take profit, but on some exchanges, you can only open one which can be either favoring stop lose or take profit.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
September 07, 2022, 06:47:35 AM
Is not all trader that can verify your question to give an answer because they may not be using those platforms but what I know about stoploss, take profit or trailing stop is that they perform the functions as they are called in different platforms if you set them correctly including buy stop, sell stop, sell limit, buy limit if the platform have them. However you can ask the support of your platform to be sure.
Activity: 84
Merit: 4
September 07, 2022, 06:36:39 AM
Hi I wanted to use bitget spot as they seem to have a promotion that allows you to trade commission free.
Lately I have been using bitget futures, and I was using take profit and stop loss orders. But it seems that bitget spot does not have these take profit and stop loss options.

But watching a video of how limit orders work in bitget...I understand that the sell limit orders in bitget spot perform the same function as bybit take profit...or am I wrong?

also last question it seems that is not possible to do trailing stop loss in bitget spot, right?
Pages:
Jump to: