Pages:
Author

Topic: Stop Loss Trading - page 7. (Read 2362 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 0
July 14, 2018, 11:17:12 PM
I think to stop loss is to do switcing, panic sell is not a good solution because it will make crypto value down, so as long as switching can still be done then never do panic sell.
Activity: 305
Merit: 10
July 14, 2018, 07:42:59 PM
I am never using stop loss, because i am always paying attention to the market while i am trading, i do not like to be off while i am doing my trades because you can easily lose some opportunities to make a few extra bucks per trade, that is why

Well you have a good management in you trading. I guess i need it too.  I need to give more time with my trading and check the market situation and do something if it is needed.
Activity: 322
July 14, 2018, 07:01:37 PM
Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb
I think that with a market fluctuating continuously and gradually fall into crisis as the current time, the successful transaction is very difficult. It can be seen that bitcoin prices are continuously falling from the $ 20000 level and are adjusting at $ 6200 level. I believe that bitcoin prices may continue to fall sharply in the near future, so you should trade short-term by day and have a stop loss in every transaction to be able to delineate the risk.
Activity: 182
July 14, 2018, 04:15:57 PM

Stop loss is sn essential risk management tool that may mitigate losses and the case that you made a wrong call,but it is not meant to eliminate all risk, the price should be set far enough into the loss territory  or at a place from where a  return  to profitability for that trade seems unlikely.
Activity: 194
July 14, 2018, 03:13:43 PM
I am never using stop loss, because i am always paying attention to the market while i am trading, i do not like to be off while i am doing my trades because you can easily lose some opportunities to make a few extra bucks per trade, that is why
Activity: 322
July 14, 2018, 03:08:39 PM
Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb

The only way for you to avoid losing more coins when the market prices are dumping is to hold your coins or you can invest even more in order to earn more profit.
Activity: 98
July 14, 2018, 11:14:50 AM
And for what purpose are you interested? Do you want to be taught how to set the stop loss correctly? I can consult you if you have any questions about this topic.
Activity: 266
July 14, 2018, 06:30:05 AM
In the midst of trade you are both Los and Profit. Still, the strategy to stop losses on the trade is to apply. In my opinion, the coins which are less profitable are not lost. Make more trade of these coins.Selling coins at lower prices and selling them as soon as possible. If there is hope for higher profits then there is possibility of loss after the price decreases.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
July 14, 2018, 06:28:19 AM
Losing money in trading is normal. They don't have any strategy or anything to stop losing. Even the old traders even they have a lot of enough knowledge is losing money if the coin that they hold our dump like me not always I earn sometimes I lost but not always because I careful of what Im doing.
Activity: 392
Merit: 112
July 14, 2018, 06:10:52 AM

ricseb
Yes, it is really the best to use stop loss, because stop loss doesn't mean it is over, you are setting stop loss to recover your loss, or not to loss any bigger. Once the stop loss hit, you should do quick trade to get the loss back, just don't be greedy.
Activity: 66
July 14, 2018, 05:51:44 AM
Nice thread, loads of useful trading info!

Thanks frens!
Activity: 84
July 14, 2018, 05:49:20 AM

ricseb

To minimize losses you must first know the stop loss order for your transaction. And then you should look into the market and learn patience
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
https://exip.live/
July 14, 2018, 05:15:32 AM
Yes you should use stop loss whenever you bought coin, even you have to use it when you want to hold the coin for long term because crypto has high fluctuacion and we dont know where is the bottom. I have seen some token is going down to more than 1/10 , so its very big risk trade without use any stop loss.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
July 14, 2018, 04:55:30 AM
for cryptocurrency, you can use stop loss of about 10 to 20%. this is optimal for medium-term trading and 5-10% for day trading
Activity: 1489
Merit: 150
July 14, 2018, 03:01:37 AM
I also started to doubt with HOLD, this is too long and very boring.
I started thinking for stop loss this is another way to save our assets.
unless you are confident to keep HOLD. Cool
Activity: 266
July 14, 2018, 02:13:19 AM
It is important that the loss lies in your ability. You can stop loss 10 - 20%. Do not rush and let your emotions interfere with trading. After the stop you will gain experience for the next trading
Activity: 116
July 12, 2018, 02:06:00 AM
In my opinion, always put stop loss in trading, no one know the future, even your analysis might follow trend, chart, ... If not, you could lose everything
Activity: 378
July 12, 2018, 01:22:26 AM
You won't always gain. So stop lose is very useful. Usually is 10% to 20% but I use 15%.

Yes i agree, always determine your stop loss placement before determining your position size, your stop loss placement  should be determined  by logic not by greed means that you should not purposely  put a small stop loss on a trade just because you want to trade a big position size, many traders do this and and it basically like setting yourself up for a Loss before the trade even starts.
Activity: 84
July 12, 2018, 12:07:25 AM
Stoploss is a must for trading! Newbies tend to forget this command, but you have to remember putting stoploss on every orders you have.
Trust me, I have lose quite a lot because I did not use stoploss for my trading orders. We can lose 3-5% for stoploss, but without stoploss we can lose around 10-20%.
For example, you bought bitcoin at 18k, but you did not put stoploss at 17k5. Now bitcoin is 6k.... Think about this case guy Smiley
Activity: 255
July 11, 2018, 11:56:30 PM

ricseb
You need to have a foresight to put stop losses in the trade. Beside that, you have to make sure your profit target is one day or one month, do not be too greedy. Most traders because of greed suffered huge losses. Make plans and goals, you will work more effectively.
Pages:
Jump to: