Pages:
Author

Topic: STOP 'Quote post'- To Everyone Who use "Quote" Most of the time - page 2. (Read 400 times)

Activity: 318
Merit: 11
ahaha.. .  Grin just calm dude. but i like the way you talk about this quote's dude. but you can't stop people who quoted. except if admin or moderator make a Law. about "quote stop" you saying.
Activity: 375
Merit: 1021
Just in case no one loves you, I love you 3000.
Can I suggest something sir Jet? why don't you start a school to teach us how to properly quote?
There are other satan's slaves in this forum who'd like to learn from you sir Cash.

~LL

You can try https://fittotalk.com/english-talk/, a training project made by JC and his team to help people enhance their English and forum etiquette.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
I agree completely, and I gave you a merit for saying it.

Can I suggest something sir Jet? why don't you start a school to teach us how to properly quote?
There are other satan's slaves in this forum who'd like to learn from you sir Cash.

~LL
Activity: 630
Merit: 20
I honestly do not read the whole thing quoted like this. It's either I backed thread or skipped it. My bad. But it's freakin' irritating. Jet Cash was right, I do the [snip] thing and I just learned that by observing how higher members quoted long posts. If we are just vigilant enough how are the other higher rank members react to a post, then we will probably learn.

The proper way to reply to part of a quote, is to quote only relevant parts, end it with [ /quote], and start the next [ quote] under your own text.

They quoted the whole thing and not just the signifant ones. Either, they are lazy to shorten it or they are not aware about this thing.  Huh

Hope others may read this thread as this is so helpful to lessen such spam and nonsense quoted comments.

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Here is another one.
Question for moderators: If I report those saying "unnecessarily large quote", will they get deleted?

I've seen several "annoying" quoting styles lately:
1. Some people just add their own text as bold within the quote
2. Some people quote the whole post, add [1], [2] and more numbers to it, and handle those bullet points one by one in their reply. This is hard to read back.
3. Some people just mess up the quote entirely, especially nested quotes can be complicate to snip.

The proper way to reply to part of a quote, is to quote only relevant parts, end it with [ /quote], and start the next [ quote] under your own text.
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 420
We are Bitcoin!
Here is another one. I do feel the same when I see unnecessary quoting.

Note: My intention is not to hurt any individual user. All reference found at random.
Someone should not be hurt. It's very clear that your references are reasonable.

...others prefer a snip ( [ snip ] ) or a tilde ( ~ ).
I do use (~)
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
>..<

I agree completely, and I gave you a merit for saying it.

I shouldn't have included a quote in this post, as it is directed at the OP, but I wanted to show two examples of quote shortening. I used a meow to use the quote function to address my reply to a specific post, others prefer a snip ( [ snip ] ) or a tilde ( ~ ).

The other useful facility is the post subject entry, and very few members seem to use this. It's a handy tool to use to focus your reply.
Activity: 742
Merit: 12
Please stop unnecessary quote comments

Everyone on this forum should be aware of making this forum more better.
I'm overlooking some users are using unnecessary "quote" option when it's really don't need. This makes a thread looks messy and spammy to me (probably to everyone). Also, it's very irritating to read these comments with a huge "quote".
Usually, when we reply to a thread, it should mean the original post. So, there is no need to quote the original post unless it has something to mention. If need to quote a few lines, we can do that. Why should we quote a full original post? Useless and irritating. Here is a recent example of this kind of comments, and here is another one.

Need reference to good/perfect use of quote while giving comments? Here is one good example, take a look. Here is another good example.

Note: My intention is not to hurt any individual user. All reference found at random.
Hope this post reduce the number of the focused user's behavior.
Pages:
Jump to: