Pages:
Author

Topic: Stop shameless bumps if you have nothing new to say - page 2. (Read 512 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 2272
Is that really necessary? It might be allowed to bump every 24 hours but imagine if everyone would start bumping while there's nothing new to share...
If you have read it doesn't mean everyone else have read it.
If nothing new is shared I'm tired of silly bumps.
You can always push this button:

Topic title will become grey and you won't have problem with "silly" bumps  Wink
Activity: 422
Merit: 52
Bumps are not for Merit
Not even for trolling
If BUMPS are in bounty threads then they maybe paid, in many cases it happens.

Instead of creating this thread you can report bump post which you think are against the following rules.
13. Bumps, "updates" are limited to once per 24 hours.
21. Old bumps should be deleted.

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3150
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
Depends of the situation,but if the posted information is valuable for someone, like protecting newbies from being scammed, or information regarding changes which can affect someone in a way, those are good to be bumped as they are not in the stickies.
Bumping threads like "Bitcoin is DEAD!" or threads that gives you now useful information should be punishable with locking those threads.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
It isn't a crime to bump your thread as far you do it right just as thd26bct has pointed out. Also the motives behind them bumping their thread shouldn't be your consider, focus on the reason why you joined the forum and let others focus on theirs. Even though threads are been bump basically just for merits it isn't a crime as at the end of the day the thread gets more visibility which means more users read them and if it's worth some merit it gets it too. Irrespective of how contributive (quality) a thread is, it still need visibility for it to be rewarded.
Activity: 300
Merit: 93
Basically, such bump posts don't violate forum rules, if posters follow two following rules.
13. Bumps, "updates" are limited to once per 24 hours.[2]

21. Old bumps should be deleted. [2]
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
What threads are you referring to?

If you are talking about the guide type threads, I would say it is almost certainly for merit. Although the OP may want visibility for their threads so others might respond.
Activity: 135
Merit: 2
xrp shitcoin is SCAM - get out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All the time I come over silly bumps where the OP has nothing new to say. I can understand it for selling items, offering services or when no one has answered so far.

My question:
Is that really necessary? It might be allowed to bump every 24 hours but imagine if everyone would start bumping while there's nothing new to share...

Is is for merit?
Is it for trolling?
Is it paid?

Dunno

If nothing new is shared I'm tired of silly bumps.
Pages:
Jump to: