Pages:
Author

Topic: STOPLOSS? what are Advantages and disadvantages of stoploss? - page 2. (Read 441 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
Any of you know about stoploss? To what i know, Stop Loss is a type of order to limit losses at a pre-set price. As the name implies, this order is used for the purpose of risk management, preventing the market from happening unfavorably, can still limit losses.
Stop loss are usually placed with a buy / sell order. A stop loss order is placed to limit losses at a predetermined position. Setting a 10% stop loss below the price you bought, will limit your loss by 10%. For example, we have bought gold for 1,000 and put a stop loss at 990. That is, if the market price reaches 990, the order will stop.
But I want to discover more about stoploss, its advantages and disadvantages. Can anyone tell me more about this? Thanks in advanced.

Lol, do you even know what you’re saying? What do you mean by advantages and disadvantages of STOP LOSS? I don’t know, for me, your question is kind of funny. What do you expect us to say as the disadvantage? That it stops you from earning bigger or what? Stop loss it’s just a way for you to prevent loss, that’s it. If you’re looking for something more than that, then I’m sorry to say that you’re wasting your time.
For me there is no harm in using stop loss. Stop loss is somewhere where one can prevent himself from the loss in trading I myself you stop loss whenever I traded on Binaance  and bittrex.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
If you are going to leave and cannot monitor the growth of your investment in a exchange site like Bittrex where they offer this kind of function, use the stop loss to protect your investment in any sudden drop of price while you are not in front of your screen or not logged in. This worked for me when I was holding NXT for IGNIS airdrop. As soon as the screen capture already happened, price of NXT dropped like a fly, good thing there's stop loss. I was able to sell NXT at good price.
Activity: 616
Merit: 12
Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs
stoploss I think there are more advantages, this is one step to managing our crypto assets. with stoploss we can reduce the impact of losses because we can adjust the possibility of prices falling deeper after being analyzed
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
Any of you know about stoploss? To what i know, Stop Loss is a type of order to limit losses at a pre-set price. As the name implies, this order is used for the purpose of risk management, preventing the market from happening unfavorably, can still limit losses.
Stop loss are usually placed with a buy / sell order. A stop loss order is placed to limit losses at a predetermined position. Setting a 10% stop loss below the price you bought, will limit your loss by 10%. For example, we have bought gold for 1,000 and put a stop loss at 990. That is, if the market price reaches 990, the order will stop.
But I want to discover more about stoploss, its advantages and disadvantages. Can anyone tell me more about this? Thanks in advanced.

Putting up stoploss would only depend if you are really conservative on risk management but using that kind of thing here on crypto wont really be much effective yet 10% volatility wont really be that hard which means single price pump or swing would just trigger your stop loss and what would you do next? Chasing up another entry order and trying to break even. If you do make trade openly you would still have the chance for recovery but still risky yet we wont know on how deep would be the negative would go.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504

I use stop loss every time and it doesn't concern me if I get stopped every time as long as my funds are safe. Just be sure that you put your stop in a good way.
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
After reading your post it makes sense that you know it already. Well, it is what it is, you just place your orders and set the settings at desired loss and in some cases you can even put on call function where you set how much profits to be taken. In that case same goes for profits as you set up the loss and once the value reach that amount then your order automatically gets executed for it. Its pretty kind of limit order but only one way functionality. As in the limit order you would specify the price on your own per coin/tokens at which the order must be executed.
The thing about a market is that it is unpredictable, and surely all we do as traders is to take advantage of the market with the use of our strategy, but at the same time not discarding the importance of using a stop loss as the inevitable where the market could want to go lower from where it bounced from could still be there.

A lot of people who trade the market usually do not have strategy and knowing where to put a stop loss will always be a lot of problem for them and in that case, it is always going to be hard to even know how to be stopping a loss to minimize the market risks.
Activity: 64
Merit: 2

Lol, do you even know what you’re saying? What do you mean by advantages and disadvantages of STOP LOSS? I don’t know, for me, your question is kind of funny. What do you expect us to say as the disadvantage? That it stops you from earning bigger or what? Stop loss it’s just a way for you to prevent loss, that’s it. If you’re looking for something more than that, then I’m sorry to say that you’re wasting your time.
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
I think stoploss point is one of the most important thing for trading. It helps the investors cut loss or get profit. It helps the investors to not too greedy or frighten. And the most disadvantage of stoploss is the prediction. if you choose a wrong point, you can lose your money too much.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 2259
Be very careful with creating stop-loss orders. Sometimes "whales" drop a certain crypto currency in order to trigger stop-loss orders of other traders. As a result, the price of this coin falls deeper, and they immediately buy cheap coins. This is their trading tactics.

Stop-losses have advantages. As a rule, you need to create stop-loss orders after the price increases. If this coin falls again, you will gain some profit anyway.
Activity: 798
Merit: 109
https://bmy.guide
I dont see any disadvantages of stop loss,  stop loss give many advantages for trader, when first jump in to crypto trading i did not use stop loss and finally i been loss more than 50%. Trade on the any asset like forex,  stocks,  commodities,  crypto etc we should be use stop loss to minimize the risk and to avoid big loss.  In spot or margin trading,  stop loss is should be to use so we can make profit in consistently.
Stop loss is just a way of minimizing the risks the market holds and a lot of people who are just starting to trade, usually don't know that and since all they are just after is buying the bottom and selling the top, without any form of strategy, the importance of stop loss will be a hard thing for them to phantom.
Well said buddy, but here is mine. Stopping your loss or cutting on it it means just like you are accepting already your loss which means that is forever lost but if you didn't then, you need to wait until when it is recovered. The advantage of that is you can avoid of keep losing on your capital investment meanwhile, the disadvantage you can't recover at all your lost which is probably it will back if the market turn to green.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
I dont see any disadvantages of stop loss,  stop loss give many advantages for trader, when first jump in to crypto trading i did not use stop loss and finally i been loss more than 50%. Trade on the any asset like forex,  stocks,  commodities,  crypto etc we should be use stop loss to minimize the risk and to avoid big loss.  In spot or margin trading,  stop loss is should be to use so we can make profit in consistently.
Stop loss is just a way of minimizing the risks the market holds and a lot of people who are just starting to trade, usually don't know that and since all they are just after is buying the bottom and selling the top, without any form of strategy, the importance of stop loss will be a hard thing for them to phantom.

Stop loss has a whole lot of huge advantage for those who trade the market and even for investors that have some little bit of trading knowledge as this is usually a way to know that even if you are taking a risk on the market, you understand that even with your strategy, things could go wrong, but for the fact that the reward is more than the risk, I am certainly going for it, but still keep the stop loss active in case the other side of things happen.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 504
I do not use stop loss because I trade in the market there often happens pump and dump quickly in seconds so when using stoplose we can lose even though it is only pump and dump I prefer to use a price alarm because it is safer in my opinion
In where you trade? it will be fun if market often to pumped and dumped. Trade in there will be good especially for day trader, maybe if you want to share where you trading in here.
Activity: 854
Merit: 115
I do not use stop loss because I trade in the market there often happens pump and dump quickly in seconds so when using stoplose we can lose even though it is only pump and dump I prefer to use a price alarm because it is safer in my opinion
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
the main advantage is that if the trade is going against you, you can cut your losses quick, and move on.

one of the main disadvantages is the fact that many times the trade can touch your stop loss, and then move towards your take profit.

Activity: 644
Merit: 299
As for disadvantages well obviously there's the potential for the market to recover shortly after hitting your stop-loss.

I have to add that this could be very painful, sometimes it could happen in the exact limit point where you set your stop loss and with no pips further, the market will revert back and by then you would have lost on that one. So painful I mean this.  Sad
Shit happens, it is part of trading and when they happen, you just have to readjust.

Moreover, cases like these are usually bound to happen when you really do not consider the market fluctuations hugely before entering a position, so as to know exactly how to be positioning your stop loss, to be at least able to know that no matter what, the chances of the market trying to be volatile in the start of a trend change, is always going to be there until the bull or bears as the case may be, wins the fight.

Nonetheless, stop loss is very important and the occurrence of what you mentioned is there but when considering the number of times stop loss would help save you from a huge loss, you will realize it is better than not using it at all.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
As for disadvantages well obviously there's the potential for the market to recover shortly after hitting your stop-loss.

I have to add that this could be very painful, sometimes it could happen in the exact limit point where you set your stop loss and with no pips further, the market will revert back and by then you would have lost on that one. So painful I mean this.  Sad
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
After reading your post it makes sense that you know it already. Well, it is what it is, you just place your orders and set the settings at desired loss and in some cases you can even put on call function where you set how much profits to be taken. In that case same goes for profits as you set up the loss and once the value reach that amount then your order automatically gets executed for it. Its pretty kind of limit order but only one way functionality. As in the limit order you would specify the price on your own per coin/tokens at which the order must be executed.
Activity: 826
Merit: 100
with stop loss we can set loss limit if market movement does not match analysis that has been planned. so we can buy back at next support, this is useful when we rarely see charts
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
Timely stop loss is very important, my stop loss price is usually between 15% and 20%, I think this decline is already very huge!
Pages:
Jump to: