Pages:
Author

Topic: Storing Altcoins - page 2. (Read 672 times)

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
October 05, 2017, 02:51:58 PM
Well if you planning to invest a lot in altcoin and store it for a long time ledger nano or trezor could be the best option to hold your altcoin for a long time but its a hardware wallet and its not free you need to buy your own hardware wallet..
There is other option jaxx wallet but i heard lots of issue about this wallet so i just warning you to use it.
Other option is to use the official wallet of every altcoin if you have large space in your harddrive you can install wallet one by one for safety of your altcoin.. myether wallet is for ethereum coin only just like what mention above.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
October 05, 2017, 02:45:06 PM
Personally I use MyEtherWallet and the btc wallet of blockchain.info.
For any other currency I use their desktop wallet or let them in trustworthy exchanges like bittrex if I only have an small amount of them.

Be aware of phishing posts which tell you to log in under the following link. (A LINK NOT  TO THE ORIGINAL MYETHERWALLET)

They just want your private keys to steal your funds.
Activity: 658
Merit: 282
October 05, 2017, 01:43:34 PM
Where can I store my altcoins? I was thinking of buying and trading some altcoins, but can I just store them in like for example bittrex? Or should I download the altcoins individual wallet?

The answer depends on the amount of altcoins that you want to store, the percentage the
altcoin stash is compared to your overall wealth and your risk tolerance.
In general, it is not recommended to keep coins on exchanges
due to increased counterparty risk.

After all, being able to store your own wealth is one of the major
benefits of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 149
Merit: 34
💡 Websites, scripts for BTC web4crypto.xyz
October 05, 2017, 11:16:32 AM
It is better to use the individual wallet (desktop or web wallet) or use a paper wallet, because this means you control the private keys and fully own the altcoins.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
October 05, 2017, 11:10:26 AM
Where can I store my altcoins? I was thinking of buying and trading some altcoins, but can I just store them in like for example bittrex? Or should I download the altcoins individual wallet?
Pages:
Jump to: