Pages:
Author

Topic: Storing Altcoins Not Supported by Ledger or Trezor - page 2. (Read 318 times)

Activity: 1386
Merit: 252
deskop wallet and paper wallet is the right choice if ledeger nano or trezor doesn't support our crypto assets
and always back up our wallet regularly, so if something happend to our PC, we can import our wallet mate
regards
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
How can I store the following desktop cryptocurrency wallets on a USB flash drive?

- OKCash Client
- Verge Electrum Wallet
- Reddcoin Core Wallet
- RevolutionVR Wallet
- Bitbay Marketplace Client

Do I simply disconnect the internet, plug in a flash drive, click on "backup wallet", an voila`? Is it that simple?

Would this process restore my wallets (with balances) in the event I purchased a new PC that has none of the wallet files installed on it?

FYI: All my other cryptocurrencies are on Ledger Nano S (Ledger doesn't support the above-mentioned coins).

Maybe you can save/copy wallet.dat from each wallet you mention above and if you do this you can install it on your new PC
This sounds good. I can transfer just a little cryptocurrency to the wallet, copy the wallet.dat file to a USB, then delete all the wallet's files on my computer. Then, I can plug in my USB again and see if my balance is still there, and if the wallet works.

But make sure you make at least a 2 copies of your backup. Many people have lost their coins due to corrupted USB or hard disk or due to accidents like fire. Printing the private key in paper and storing in a different location could be a good backup or self crypting the private key and storing it into cloud is another great idea.

Using software with encryption is a great idea, but for storing paper copies with private keys or passphrases, a spot to consider is a bank safe deposit box.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
It would not be *.exe as that is an executable file type
Activity: 80
Merit: 16
How can I store the following desktop cryptocurrency wallets on a USB flash drive?

- OKCash Client
- Verge Electrum Wallet
- Reddcoin Core Wallet
- RevolutionVR Wallet

Do I simply disconnect the internet, plug in a flash drive, click on "backup wallet", an voila`? Is it that simple?

Would this process restore my wallets (with balances) in the event I purchased a new PC that has none of the wallet files installed on it?

FYI: All my other cryptocurrencies are on Ledger Nano S (Ledger doesn't support the above-mentioned coins).

Just move wallet.dat, or put private keys in a doc

Does every wallet have a wallet.dat file? I ask this because one time I was watching a video of how to install a wallet, and part of the instructions was to find the "electrum-xvg.exe" file, but no such thing existed on my computer, even after having downloaded all the install files.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

- OKCash Client
- Verge Electrum Wallet
- Reddcoin Core Wallet
- RevolutionVR Wallet

Just move wallet.dat, or put private keys in a doc

- OKCash Client
- Verge Electrum Wallet
- Reddcoin Core Wallet
- RevolutionVR Wallet

Maybe you can save/copy wallet.dat from each wallet you mention above and if you do this you can install it on your new PC
This sounds good. I can transfer just a little cryptocurrency to the wallet, copy the wallet.dat file to a USB, then delete all the wallet's files on my computer. Then, I can plug in my USB again and see if my balance is still there, and if the wallet works.

But make sure you make at least a 2 copies of your backup. Many people have lost their coins due to corrupted USB or hard disk or due to accidents like fire. Printing the private key in paper and storing in a different location could be a good backup or self crypting the private key and storing it into cloud is another great idea.
Yes, before I decide to transfer a lot of crypto into these wallets, I will have to have an extra USB drive as a back up in case one of them craps out on me. I will then store these flash drives in a fireproof safe.

Where would I find the private key on a desktop wallet? If I could get that, it would almost turn my USB drive into a Ledger! I would no longer be as paranoid of losing my USB, because I could simply buy another and restore my wallet.
copper member
Activity: 434
Merit: 4

- OKCash Client
- Verge Electrum Wallet
- Reddcoin Core Wallet
- RevolutionVR Wallet

Or you can simply write down the private keys with a pen on paper, shove it in a glass bottle and bury it somewhere in the forest. Remember the coordinates and location or save it somewhere in the cloud. I think this option is the most reliable. ))
Activity: 870
Merit: 125

- OKCash Client
- Verge Electrum Wallet
- Reddcoin Core Wallet
- RevolutionVR Wallet

- OKCash Client
- Verge Electrum Wallet
- Reddcoin Core Wallet
- RevolutionVR Wallet

Activity: 882
Merit: 595

- OKCash Client
- Verge Electrum Wallet
- Reddcoin Core Wallet
- RevolutionVR Wallet

- OKCash Client
- Verge Electrum Wallet
- Reddcoin Core Wallet
- RevolutionVR Wallet

Pages:
Jump to: