Pages:
Author

Topic: Storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin. - page 2. (Read 41825 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
February 25, 2017, 12:15:24 PM
For me its not against bitcoin when you store it because holding it is for good and for future profits which will happen soon, if you sell your holdings when btc price will accelerate to move higher for this coming days. Holding or storing bitcoin amounts is not easy and you need a lot of patience just to overcome your fear of lossing it or maybe stolen by hackers.
I do have the same idea like you. Storing Bitcoin is another way to higher the Bitcoin prices. Due to the huge demand of bitcoin nowadays, If everyone holds their Bitcoin without trading or selling, the prices can easily cross $1500 in the next month. However, sadly, no one even care about this event. They just want to sell their Bitcoin when the prices are high in order to obtain money
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
February 25, 2017, 11:08:08 AM
Storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin.
No one will offer services for Bitcoin.
Spend Your Bitcoins.

Storing bitcoin is like ,storing your bills in the banks, when you need  it you need to withdraw , when you have extra you will deposit it. And sometimes when you stores it in the banks it increase a bit because of internet. it just like bitcoin, the bitcoin has no definite or stable value now , sometimes it increases sometimes its not. you need to practical or you need to go with the flow. spending or keeping is both necessary.
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
February 25, 2017, 11:01:28 AM
It's individual decision if someone will spend his her bitcoin or wait for price increase.Bitcoin can grow anyway, no need to push people spend his Bitcoin...Storing is not against Bitcoin!

Yes bitcoin is worth saving because it's price are really increasing. But the more we save bitcoin, it is not distributed to any users and the bitcoin may not evolve to something bigger and just staying as a digital curreny, it will not develop and will be just treated as a stock and not a currency.
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
February 25, 2017, 10:36:54 AM
For me its not against bitcoin when you store it because holding it is for good and for future profits which will happen soon, if you sell your holdings when btc price will accelerate to move higher for this coming days. Holding or storing bitcoin amounts is not easy and you need a lot of patience just to overcome your fear of lossing it or maybe stolen by hackers.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 129
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
February 25, 2017, 10:30:10 AM
Storing bitcoin is not prohibited. People can choose what they want to do with their bitcoin. Some people hold because they think bitcoin will net them profit in the long term and some others using bitcoin as a currency and use them in transaction. Both didn't break any rules and regulation and i don't see anything wrong with storing your bitcoin.
This isn't productive.  There are loads of posts here like "they do what they want" but that's a meaningless statement because no one actually argued otherwise, they just said it was a bad idea.  I'm sure you suggest a lot of things people do are annoying or a poor idea during your everyday life, someone doesn't need to tell you "they can do what they want" every time.

Still, I don't really agree with the post, or at least think that the phrasing is weak.  People store fiat currency in bank accounts, in physical wallets, etc.  Many people even keep them for a long time in savings accounts and use a current account or physical cash for everyday transactions.  

I think what OP might have meant was that some people treat Bitcoin as if it's a stock and all they need to do with it is hold to buy and sell for fiat, which I agree is pretty annoying as it doesn't contribute to Bitcoin's concept of decentralised online exchange or even much to the value of Bitcoin.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
February 25, 2017, 10:06:03 AM
Because of the great current bitcoin price anyone who has biger amount of coins probably feels rich and having these coins gives him a feeling of beeing secured so it's not easy to give them away and spend them. On the other hand for security reasons those people are probably worried for their bitcoins. So it's cruical to find some balance among storing and spending bitcoins.
Nothing to worry with storing and spending of bitcoin, because the wallets were good and much secure with high security features. So saving is not a big deal and when it comes to spending just direct spending or a cyclic process of bitcoin circulation makes the path towards a mainstream usage.
Activity: 658
Merit: 505
February 25, 2017, 09:56:15 AM
Because of the great current bitcoin price anyone who has biger amount of coins probably feels rich and having these coins gives him a feeling of beeing secured so it's not easy to give them away and spend them. On the other hand for security reasons those people are probably worried for their bitcoins. So it's cruical to find some balance among storing and spending bitcoins.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 295
February 25, 2017, 09:20:44 AM
Storing bitcoin is not prohibited. People can choose what they want to do with their bitcoin. Some people hold because they think bitcoin will net them profit in the long term and some others using bitcoin as a currency and use them in transaction. Both didn't break any rules and regulation and i don't see anything wrong with storing your bitcoin.

There are some people who are afraid to store large amounts of bitcoin, in addition to security reasons, the withdrawal of profits every day is also a major reason. However, traders should save many bitcoin deposits to be traded continuously. Using bitcoin as an asset not to be against bitcoin.

Increased sales of services or goods that accept bitcoin payments prove balance in economy.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
February 25, 2017, 08:11:47 AM
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
February 25, 2017, 07:54:05 AM
It's individual decision if someone will spend his her bitcoin or wait for price increase.Bitcoin can grow anyway, no need to push people spend his Bitcoin...Storing is not against Bitcoin!

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
February 25, 2017, 07:19:12 AM
Spend Your Bitcoins.

Sorry but cannot follow you. If the value of bitcoin increased every day and even is told that this value will have big figures in the near future, for sure, I will hold bitcoin. I am not rich to play with money but buy or hope to earn bitcoin to earn money and to have profit. I cannot send away this profit. And not only me I think.

If you store bitcoin that value will become stagnant and wont gain profit unless you invest it like in altcoin tradings which gains profit as you go a long way of your bitcoin investments.

This is true but the most people think holding tghe bitcoin itself is profitable what is it but this is because of other investors most of the time.

It is better to hold most and use some.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
January 10, 2017, 07:44:32 AM
Spend Your Bitcoins.

Sorry but cannot follow you. If the value of bitcoin increased every day and even is told that this value will have big figures in the near future, for sure, I will hold bitcoin. I am not rich to play with money but buy or hope to earn bitcoin to earn money and to have profit. I cannot send away this profit. And not only me I think.

If you store bitcoin that value will become stagnant and wont gain profit unless you invest it like in altcoin tradings which gains profit as you go a long way of your bitcoin investments.

This is true but the most people think holding tghe bitcoin itself is profitable what is it but this is because of other investors most of the time.
Activity: 910
Merit: 507
January 10, 2017, 06:54:55 AM
Spend Your Bitcoins.

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
January 10, 2017, 05:31:11 AM
Spend Your Bitcoins.

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
January 10, 2017, 05:24:04 AM
Bitcoin can be used as a multifunctional that can basically offer anything a person might need. Instead storing bitcoins.
yeaa actually some people consider bitcoin as investment/commodity , so they just save/store it.
and maybe the one who think storing bitcoin only it is against bitcoin consider it as currency.
which nowadays a lot of people still not yet ready to accept it.
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
January 10, 2017, 04:45:41 AM
Bitcoin don't have any rules and regulations do one cant claim that storing nothing is against bitcoin. But Satoshi had intentionally developed bitcoin so online transaction that is for online payment which would eradicate paper money for transaction but I think we should use it for transactions only.

Bitcoin was to be the facebook of currency...and fiat the myspace.

They can co-exist, but only one will reign supreme.
Sure they can coexist, just like gold and fiat. Now tell me is Bitcoin more like gold or more like fiat? Because right now it looks more like gold to me and this would mean that the status quo will continue.
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
January 10, 2017, 04:11:28 AM
Bitcoin don't have any rules and regulations do one cant claim that storing nothing is against bitcoin. But Satoshi had intentionally developed bitcoin so online transaction that is for online payment which would eradicate paper money for transaction but I think we should use it for transactions only.

Bitcoin was to be the facebook of currency...and fiat the myspace.

They can co-exist, but only one will reign supreme.
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
January 09, 2017, 03:45:52 PM
Way to kill the conversation. Are you an adviser for trump, because i have no clue what you are trying to say. Anyway, Bitcoin has rules or else i could make an address and credit 100 Bitcoin to it. However there is nothing in these rules that prohibits storing of Bitcoin. But just because there is no rule that prohibits drinking poison, does not mean it is a good idea to do so.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
January 08, 2017, 07:05:25 AM
Activity: 1554
Merit: 502
January 08, 2017, 05:43:58 AM
Strange.

Who says that storing bitcoin against bitcoin ?

Because aroundly 90% of mined bitcoin are store and only 10% of bitcoin are circulated in market, and biggest stake of bitcoins are in China.

If everyone start to sell bitcoin then I think price will be dump suddenly.

Even people are considering Bitcoin as commodity and making an investment with their own fiat currency.
Pages:
Jump to: