Pages:
Author

Topic: Storing Private Keys with Colors, how safe is this? - page 4. (Read 538 times)

copper member
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1481
Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k
Do whatever you want with your private keys, just do not store it in a notepad file on a system connected to Internet or in your emails or in any place which is connected to Internet.
Make sure your private key stays offline. Register it down or write it down and store it in a locker. Also, do not ever store your private keys in a phone app which says it will keep it protected.

Anything that is connected to internet can surely giveaway your private key. Making an encryption like this and storing it doesn't save it either. Someone will crack it down.
Activity: 336
Merit: 365
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
I recently came across an interesting new tool developed by Bitcoin developer Entero Positivo on GitHub This tool claims to offer a different way of storing Bitcoin seed phrases using Bip39colors. According to the developer,
you can convert a 12-word phrase into 8 colors (or a 24-word phrase into 16 colors) and then convert them back to the original seed

However, I personally have reservations about this idea of storing seed phrases as colors. It raises concerns about the safety of the conversion process and the risk involved in using an online tool to handle sensitive information like seed phrases. Instead, I believe it's safer to stick to the traditional method of storing seed phrases.
I would like to hear your thoughts on this matter. Do you trust this new approach, or do you prefer the old method of storing seed phrases? Let's  share our opinions on this
Pages:
Jump to: