Pages:
Author

Topic: Stranger asks you for something (money/change/cigarettes) what is your response? - page 2. (Read 1600 times)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Stranger asks you for something (money/change/cigarettes) what is your response?

I'll just tell him the truth:

I don't have money or change. I'm poorer than him.

I don't smoke cigarette.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
If I happen to have a pack of cigarettes with me, I'll be more than happy to share them with anybody. as for money, well, I'm definitely not a millionaire and even if I had some extra money, I would either spend half of it on my mom or actually just give it to her, or I would just put it by for a rainy day. In my opinion it's better not to give it away to strangers. if one sees a homeless and hungry person on the street, it's better to treat him/her to sandwiches or fruits or both.
Activity: 70
Most of the time it are same people over and over again, atleast in a smaller city. Sure, if you have some spare change, you can hand them something. But remind their faces. Next time when they ask you, remind them you've already given them something. In a month or so, you can hand them again afew bucks. Atleast, thats why i do. Nobody wants to be a drifter, life can just be hard sometimes.
Activity: 72
You can give 1 or 2 times but more than that is enough. They might assume that you're okay with it butnifnyou can just avoid them better. It's because you don't want to give or share but it's better to be careful because you don't know whats's running in their heads. Some people do that to confuse people for scamming. They will ask time or direction but you're not aware that they are already trying to hypnotize you for them to let you follow to whatever they will instruct you. And in 1 snap you won't remember anything. Just be careful.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
I would really look at that person and if he looks poor, instead of giving him money i would provide him food whixh in my scenario would be a better option.it will be very helpful and the person would be to quite an extend.
Activity: 42
During my trip I Always meet people asking for something, the most are poor people asking for money, well, sometime I give money to them. But I can't give something to all of them so I skip the most, without saying nothting or just "no thanks"
Activity: 162
If they are asking for Money I'll ask them "What for?" and decide on their response, its very likely to be no unless they have a very good reason and thing to spend it on and can prove it.

Generally from past experience those who ask for money aren't the real homeless, homeless people who really need the money will probably have a pot and won't bother pestering people while they are on about their business.
Activity: 5
I point to my unplugged headphones and say I can not hear them and keep walking.
This problem as apparently caused by the optical sensor inside the audio jack 3.5 mm a headphone.  Cool The loud speaker switches off after the headphones have been unplugged... I am experiencing this problem too, after the Jelly Bean update.  Cry Removing the headphone jack 3.5 mm fixes the problem sometimes, and takes quite a number of tries.  Grin I have decided this problem, bought new headphones. Here`s a cool headphones with examples http://jonsguide.org/best-top-bowers-wilkins-p7-reviews/. Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 120
HYPOCRISY!
For cigarettes I might give one if we had some stranger to stranger talk before. No way in hell I'm going to give my money to strangers (except extra change for panhandlers).
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I point to my unplugged headphones and say I can not hear them and keep walking.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
What the fuck do I look like? The bank!?

haha sometimes with some of them i wish i could say this but reality is its a bad idea, they have nothing to lose.

Carry. Personal protection is a god given right.

Yeah im in the UK you cant even legally carry pepper spray for instance. 
Activity: 18
If they ask, they are not robbers. Ill give him
Activity: 289
"The fish rots from the head first"
Get a job ya bum.  Maybe pistol whip him first or kick him in the nuts
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing

haha sometimes with some of them i wish i could say this but reality is its a bad idea, they have nothing to lose.

Carry. Personal protection is a god given right.
Activity: 546

Activity: 420
I always find this super awkward but just try to say no in a friendly way
Activity: 6
Some times I say only : NO!
Other times if I see some one that has a really needs I can give a bit of tobacco Wink a couple of cents!
Activity: 512
I will give him a look and walk away.
Activity: 504
If im carrying it then ill give him,but only if he doesn't look drunk or drugged
Activity: 430
 Undecided I just have to say 'no' considering know they're wasn't really homeless.
Pages:
Jump to: