Pages:
Author

Topic: Strategies for minimizing losses - page 2. (Read 457 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 106
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
June 17, 2018, 07:25:05 PM
The best strategy is not to wait for another bull run. By coins every time the market drops and sell it when it goes up again. It is better to settle for small gains first then gradually hodl a portion of your coins for long term run. What I have done is to purchase around $300 when the market is low then sell $300 again when the market is up. I will gain a small amount in a short time and hodl that coin for long term. This is very effective for those who have a lot of capital. Imagine if its $300k. :-)
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
June 17, 2018, 07:10:45 PM
The best strategy for minimizing losses is target setting. When you have no target to reach you tend to do overtrading and when your greed has had the best of you all you get is a sudden loss. It is best to stick to your target no matter how the price may be increasing at the time. You'll always have another buying point if you are patient enough.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
June 17, 2018, 07:06:34 PM
#1 Realize that you don't actually lose anything until you actually sell at a loss.  So you go outside, ride a bike, read a book, resist the urge to check coinmarketcap and just hodl.

This is a great advice for everyone because this is TRUE. HOLD and leave it for a while and distract yourself.
I usually find more things to do to earn.

#2 Come onto bitcointalk and whine and cry and find out what to do with your life.  When no one gives you clarity or direction, panic sell and lose your life savings.

I think it is good to be in a forum to share your thoughts but never cry or whine because you might cause panic selling too.
You can have ask advises for clarity and do not mind FUDs and False news. It can be harder for you.

I always think that losses can be avoided with good decision making. Build yourself with knowledge and face everything with it as a sword.
Activity: 276
Merit: 10
BitSong is decentralized music streaming platform.
June 16, 2018, 02:15:17 PM
Right now most of the altcoins are highly correlated and often move together.
So in order to minimize the risks it makes sense to hold some fiat/usdt
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
June 16, 2018, 12:55:59 PM
#1, 4 and 5. These are the points I find useful!) I think that it is worth investing in a large number of promising coins, it will help to minimize the risk.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
June 16, 2018, 12:02:23 PM
I would prefer to use method number 1
Because if we keep thinking about the losses that we experience then it will make us streess, so forget everything do positive things possible with sports, fishing or that I often do that is camping
Activity: 224
June 16, 2018, 11:59:47 AM
The strategy to minimize losses is to cut loss when prices are in opposite directions. Although there is a possibility the price will be back again, at least we have secured the assets that we have when there is a lot of price declines.
Activity: 238
ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform
June 16, 2018, 11:51:18 AM
Please choose one that you feel is the best solution when you have lost substantial value on your investments (or add another strategy to help out the community):

#1 Realize that you don't actually lose anything until you actually sell at a loss.  So you go outside, ride a bike, read a book, resist the urge to check coinmarketcap and just hodl.

#2 Come onto bitcointalk and whine and cry and find out what to do with your life.  When no one gives you clarity or direction, panic sell and lose your life savings.

#3 Start hedging your bets.  Put more money into similar projects or move things around to balance your portfolio out.

#4 Buy more into the coin you are losing money on while the price is low to reduce your overall cost per coin/token.  Thus making it easier to make back what you lost.

#5 Join a pump and dump group because those work 100% of the time with no losses whatsoever *rolls eyes*

Personally, when I first started out, I honestly did #2.  After I learned my lesson I just decided to hodl.  Now, I am making a more proactive stance on my investments and am doing #4 to much benefit.  Nothing melts stress away quite like actual results and making smart investment moves is always better than just passively sitting back and waiting for things to change.

In my opinion, holding is the main profit way from the cryptocurrencies generally. Of course you can get great profits by catching good pump opportunities, but I think holding is extremely important.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
June 16, 2018, 11:33:52 AM
Useful tips. By reading these things, at least we know what to do when faced with the same situation, though it would be much harder to do than to talk about it. The other most important strategy is optimism. Believe we are still in the early stages of crypto development. And if you hold the right coins, patience will not make future regrets.
Yeah, it's suggestion to the holders especially those newbies easily got panic. This statement will depend on you if don't have a financial problem why you should sell your coins and not to hold right? For me if I saw that my profit was not there why should I sell it that I know I am already loss unless if I have urgent need money that the time I force my self to sell my coins even market was down.
Well, OP was had a good thought by giving us a advise on how to minimize the lose.
Activity: 210
June 16, 2018, 11:19:14 AM
Useful tips. By reading these things, at least we know what to do when faced with the same situation, though it would be much harder to do than to talk about it. The other most important strategy is optimism. Believe we are still in the early stages of crypto development. And if you hold the right coins, patience will not make future regrets.
Activity: 392
June 15, 2018, 10:17:12 AM
I try to focus on several projects and coins in order to be able to respond quickly to the changing situation.
Activity: 406
Merit: 106
June 15, 2018, 09:58:55 AM
The fall of the crypto currency market is due to the fact that very large investors want to buy a lot of tokens very cheaply. I also try to buy tokens during drawdowns on the market.
Activity: 420
Merit: 12
= DINNGO = https://dinngo.co
June 15, 2018, 09:55:31 AM
I prefer to invest in pump and dump groups so far because I'm not very good at all the details of the market...
Activity: 182
June 14, 2018, 06:12:05 PM
To minimize loses on cryptocurrencies so many steps can be taken. Like realizing the fact of not loosing anything until setting at a loss, start hedging bets, putting more money into similar projects and balancing the portfolio, buying more coins on which money is lost mostly while the price is low just to reduce overall cost.
Activity: 140
June 14, 2018, 05:07:06 PM
Since i am not yet a pro level trader, I prefer #1, HODL. I have to fight with my own mind during the time to prevent myself from taking illogical decision. But I think #5 is also helpful if you can do.
Activity: 500
Merit: 100
June 14, 2018, 04:34:28 PM
The second strategy reminds me of almost half of all forum users, because you can judge by discussions. I think that such people have nothing to do in the crypt.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
June 14, 2018, 08:56:43 AM
I like the first strategy and try not to rush to sell coins if there is a chance that the coin can grow in price. Market is too unstable to hurry..
Activity: 457
Merit: 11
Chainjoes.com
June 14, 2018, 08:40:51 AM
The best tactic to minimize losses is diversify all your investments in good projects. always remember the quotations “dont put all your eggs in one basket”.
Next is, dont do panic selling, dont sell it at low price.  its okay to hodl altcoins that you have if you feel That The value will become higher in the future.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 214
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
June 14, 2018, 04:08:19 AM
Are you sure?that number two is what made you calm when you had first lose here?does it sound crazy to cry in forum just because of your own mistakes?i dont think im capable of doing than since am ready onhat will happen in my investment because i know how risky this community and everything is possible to happen either good or bad
Activity: 308
Merit: 8
June 14, 2018, 04:04:58 AM
I will like to use option 1 using it will help by chance there will be a reversal and the market move in the opposite direction and profits emerged. I will also use option 4 because it another reasonable thing to do.
Pages:
Jump to: