Pages:
Author

Topic: Strategy of Scamming People! - page 3. (Read 1586 times)

copper member
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1241
Need a Bounty Manager? t.me/shasan32
October 23, 2018, 09:26:41 AM
Try to keep this thread on top or tell anyone from admin to pin it as it will be very useful for any members who are gong to deal or making deal will be very helpfull.

What you mentioned are the main points of scammers who are scamming users intelligently.
Will keep to keep it up and it goes well then will knock admin to make it as pin post.

It is useful for beginer to avoid and dealing with the situation to be scammed. Thanks
You are right.
Activity: 28
Merit: 1
October 21, 2018, 02:13:59 PM
It is useful for beginer to avoid and dealing with the situation to be scammed. Thanks
Activity: 882
Merit: 297
October 21, 2018, 12:56:47 PM
Try to keep this thread on top or tell anyone from admin to pin it as it will be very useful for any members who are gong to deal or making deal will be very helpfull.

What you mentioned are the main points of scammers who are scamming users intelligently.
copper member
October 21, 2018, 12:22:53 PM
Thanks for this but that's the currency exchange section.
Your advice should be posted here -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
It is not scam accusation against anyone. So it should be on Beginners & Help section. And done accordingly.
I think it's better to beginners and help section. To aware and to know how to prevent this, specially newbies.
Probably you have not noticed that it is already on Beginners & Help section. Thanks anyway for your concern.
Activity: 78
Merit: 1
FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS
October 21, 2018, 12:19:38 PM
Your advice should be posted here -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
I think it's better to beginners and help section. To aware and to know how to prevent this, specially newbies.
Activity: 350
Merit: 22
October 20, 2018, 03:57:30 PM
copper member
October 20, 2018, 01:30:45 PM
Updated
copper member
October 09, 2018, 08:34:20 AM
I am not sure where to post this topic. But I am posting on here as I think it should be known to traders to avoid being scammed.

Strategy of Scamming People!

1. Scammers can target 2 people 1 seller and 1 buyer. Scammer will ask act to seller as buyer and to buyer as seller. And keep conversation. Maximum time they will try to avoid contact via bitcointalk. If buyer or seller ask to confirm bitcointalk message then they ask to confirm other party. Once other party send code/bitcointalk message then they will send it. In this way both (seller and buyer will think they are ok) but atlast both will be scammed by 3rd party (scammer)

2. Scammers can ask to use escrow. But they will try to do all conversation on telegram or somewhere else. And they will act as they are busy. And at a time scammer will come to trade, in this time they will use another account too which will be same of escrow. And they will keep you busy sothat you can't think what is going on. And atlast you will be scammed.

3. Paypal, skrill (moneybookers), netellers and others way they can scam by chargeback. ANd many more listed on Payment_methods
4. While taking loan scammers will give you collateral something which they want to sell actually. If you loaned in that case then you will be scammed.
5. Domains rate on auction can be manipulate and if you take that domain as collateral loaned amount will be defaulted and you will be looser.
6. Ask to sign message by myetherwallet but they can send you wrong link from where the can steal your information and as a result all balance from myetherallet. For reference you can see:  Trying to Hack Myetherwallet info by name of "TEDchain Company"
Or A hacking way of myetherwallet.

What should we do to prevent this?

1. Make any final deal over bitcointalk message or thread. Not any other way. You can discuss anywhere for first conversation but final deal must be on bitcointalk.
2. If anyone ask for change any wallet id anywhere except bitcointalk avoid it. If ask on bitcointalk then ask to very via signature.
3. Do not trade anyone on PayPal, skrill (moneybookers), netellers if s/he is not reputed.
4. While conversation out of bitcointalk make confirm via bitcointalk either that account is correct or not.
5. Do not take domain as collateral. If you take then judge either they trying to sell or not.
6. You may use Few Trusted Escrow Provider as escrow to avoid scam.
7. Never share private key and also double check where you entering private key.

Pages:
Jump to: