Pages:
Author

Topic: Streaming service quality documentary on the BitcoinTalk.org Forum is now out - page 2. (Read 439 times)

Activity: 615
Merit: 554
I was expecting 1-2 hours video since you use term documentary, but it's only about 10 minutes so i decide to watch it. While i'm already aware most of shared information, the content is dense enough considering video's duration.

Not bad short video segment about bitcointalk forum, but they added conspiracy theory that Satoshi never actually wrote on forum, and that his posts got imported from his sourceforge account.
They are also claiming that Bitcointalk forum is the biggest reason for creation of altcoin movement, because every coin after bitcoin got started in bitcointalk forum  Tongue
It would be cool to see aantonop aka Andreas Antonopoulos and few other OG's being active here again.
For historical accuracy we felt it was worth putting in both views on the Satoshi piece since its still unsettled (literally being discussed in part due to the on-going COPA trail in the UK). 

Outside from COPA vs CSW trial, i expect only minority believe Satoshi never post on this forum. So IMO it's not really worth to mention on short documentary.

Thanks for taking a look - the docu-series will have over 200 episodes eventually before the show runs it course so some will be longer and some shorter.

Every Thursday at 8pm EST a new episode drops and i'm excited that our industry finally has someone documenting all of the crazy and awesome stuff thats happened. Too often the reporting that news sites and YouTubers conduct is poor quality or just downright inaccurate.

legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 7410
Crypto Swap Exchange
I was expecting 1-2 hours video since you use term documentary, but it's only about 10 minutes so i decide to watch it. While i'm already aware most of shared information, the content is dense enough considering video's duration.

Not bad short video segment about bitcointalk forum, but they added conspiracy theory that Satoshi never actually wrote on forum, and that his posts got imported from his sourceforge account.
They are also claiming that Bitcointalk forum is the biggest reason for creation of altcoin movement, because every coin after bitcoin got started in bitcointalk forum  Tongue
It would be cool to see aantonop aka Andreas Antonopoulos and few other OG's being active here again.
For historical accuracy we felt it was worth putting in both views on the Satoshi piece since its still unsettled (literally being discussed in part due to the on-going COPA trail in the UK). 

Outside from COPA vs CSW trial, i expect only minority believe Satoshi never post on this forum. So IMO it's not really worth to mention on short documentary.
For those that are interested, here is another episode of Once Upon A Coin that just dropped and has a special link to the BitcoinTalk forum.

Some of the OG's will remember ASIC Miner, one of the first companies in the world that made the ASIC popular and they got their start right here on the Bitcointalk forum, what a story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smmphyFWkwQ&list=PLgyXCPiFWW1li2e4V460SZNzZo4EnzpZx&index=1
When I saw title of topic I was a bit sceptical and didn't expected that video will be as good as described. But actually it was very well made. Keep up with it!
BTW, took a look on your Youtube channel, I see that you have plenty of good looking videos, over 140k subscribers, but there is so few views. I'm wondering why? Maybe you bought subscribers. Sorry for this question, just a bit curious.

It's good to be skeptical, the internet is a minefield these days.

Our show 'Once Upon A Coin' just got picked up on Web3TV a month ago so it may take some time to get the views up. More social media work can be done to hep get the word out as well given how high quality the show is plus the fact that it's the first historical show in crypto history to document the incredible journey Bitcoin and the blockchain industry have been on since late 2008 when Satoshi released the Bitcoin whitepaper.

And I agree, I wish this place had a revival of sorts since back in the day it was a lot of good times and people all working together on a common goal (mainstream adoption along with some respect from the masses).

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
When I saw title of topic I was a bit sceptical and didn't expected that video will be as good as described. But actually it was very well made. Keep up with it!
BTW, took a look on your Youtube channel, I see that you have plenty of good looking videos, over 140k subscribers, but there is so few views. I'm wondering why? Maybe you bought subscribers. Sorry for this question, just a bit curious.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
I've been part of the forum since early 2013 and have done many things in the crypto industry since then on a professional basis. I wanted to pay tribute to the Forum and all its done for blockchain by featuring it in an episode of my studio (Private Key Productions) flagship docu-series 'Once Upon A Coin ' which is something like VH1 Behind the Music but focused purely on cryptocurrency.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTw8rRVuPBk&list=PLgyXCPiFWW1li2e4V460SZNzZo4EnzpZx&index=2&t=129s
Thanks for your time, enjoy the episode and have a wonderful day!
- Jason Cassidy
Very nice and good Video you have done there , would be for sure nice to see more something like that , that has to do with the Forum.
So hopefully there are already maybe some ideas for a few more Videos like that one.
Remembers me back in the days where i just readed and hasnt registered at this time.

Agreed, i'm hoping this documentary will spur more people to create content and give this forum the credit and place in history it deserves.

Thanks for taking the time to watch and if you think it's of value, feel free to share with others.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
I've been part of the forum since early 2013 and have done many things in the crypto industry since then on a professional basis. I wanted to pay tribute to the Forum and all its done for blockchain by featuring it in an episode of my studio (Private Key Productions) flagship docu-series 'Once Upon A Coin ' which is something like VH1 Behind the Music but focused purely on cryptocurrency.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTw8rRVuPBk&list=PLgyXCPiFWW1li2e4V460SZNzZo4EnzpZx&index=2&t=129s
Thanks for your time, enjoy the episode and have a wonderful day!
- Jason Cassidy
Very nice and good Video you have done there , would be for sure nice to see more something like that , that has to do with the Forum.
So hopefully there are already maybe some ideas for a few more Videos like that one.
Remembers me back in the days where i just readed and hasnt registered at this time.
I have just seen it and I found it interesting and well structured. It's about the forum that I didn't know about, years before I registered, and although I had some idea from things I've read here, it's a good and entertaining way to figure out the origins of the forum. I had no idea that the first altcoins were born here (I knew about Ethereum and some others) and how important the forum was for the development of the altcoins. When I registered I soon read the word "shicoins" but that was when the shift to social media had already happened.

Thank you for the feedback my friend, this forum is one of the most historically relevant places in existence when it comes to cryptocurrency.

Spread the word about the show if you like it and hopefully Theymos sees this because he is a big reason why this documentary was created, my career wouldn't be the same without this wonderful place.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
I have just seen it and I found it interesting and well structured. It's about the forum that I didn't know about, years before I registered, and although I had some idea from things I've read here, it's a good and entertaining way to figure out the origins of the forum. I had no idea that the first altcoins were born here (I knew about Ethereum and some others) and how important the forum was for the development of the altcoins. When I registered I soon read the word "shicoins" but that was when the shift to social media had already happened.

Good day all,

You can view the complete episode on the BitcoinTalk forum here:

If you like what you see feel free to share this with others and be sure to check out the other episodes in the series as this is an episodic show that comes out every Thursday at 8pm EST on the Web3 TV YouTube channel.

Also, For those that are interested, here is another episode of Once Upon A Coin that just dropped and has a special link to the BitcoinTalk forum.

Some of the OG's will remember ASIC Miner, one of the first companies in the world that made the ASIC popular and they got their start right here on the Bitcointalk forum, what a story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smmphyFWkwQ&list=PLgyXCPiFWW1li2e4V460SZNzZo4EnzpZx&index=1

Thanks for your time, enjoy the episode sand have a wonderful day!

- Jason Cassidy
Pages:
Jump to: