Pages:
Author

Topic: stuck or good? - page 2. (Read 2126 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
August 26, 2015, 09:00:24 PM
Great - thanks again! Once bitcoin core finishes, I'll try Armory again and see if I can figure out why it's not working, but not reporting any errors.

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
August 26, 2015, 08:51:07 PM
Thanks - have 40 Mbps DSL download speeds. Bitcoin just now changed to one year and 23 weeks, and is actually moving forward. I am pretty sure my Bitcoin Armory was completely stuck and dead.

you won't have long to wait. 5-7 hours in total depending on the health of your download peers. Armory will take a further ~ 2 hours to get set up afterwards. Think about all the disk space (50GB for Core db, 50GB for Armory db)
August 26, 2015, 08:50:00 PM
Thanks - have 40 Mbps DSL download speeds. Bitcoin just now changed to one year and 23 weeks, and is actually moving forward. I am pretty sure my Armory was completely stuck and dead, but it's hard to tell, since there is no other visual progress than the slowly moving wheel.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
August 26, 2015, 08:39:35 PM
Mine has been "stuck" like this for days - zero progress indication. Intel Core i5 2500K running at 4500Mhz, but it's not even using any CPU cycles, so who knows what it's doing.. I'll leave it a couple more days, then just give up.

EDIT: Started up Bitcoin Core GUI, at least it's showing some progress "Verifying blocks with a moving number". OK. Verification complete. Now one year and 24 weeks behind. Progress bar about 1/5th complete. I guess it will take some 2-3 more weeks to catch up. Pretty hopeless.

it shouldn't take that long. 3 days would be the maximum, and you'd need to be using 2Mbit/s DSL to get something like that. It's basically a 50 GB download, but you're receiving it the pretty much the way bittorrrent does it, so it goes as fast as your connection. for 50 GB.
August 26, 2015, 08:24:32 PM
Mine has been "stuck" like this for days - zero progress indication. Intel Core i5 2500K running at 4500Mhz, but it's not even using any CPU cycles, so who knows what it's doing.. I'll leave it a couple more days, then just give up.

EDIT: Started up Bitcoin Core GUI, at least it's showing some progress "Verifying blocks with a moving number". OK. Verification complete. Now one year and 24 weeks behind. Progress bar about 1/5th complete. I guess it will take some 2-3 more weeks to catch up. Pretty hopeless. Fortunately, what little I own in bitcons, is on coinbase. Doesn't seem viable to keep a wallet on home computer.
Activity: 8
August 26, 2015, 02:16:19 PM
you were right....it's now running (still  Sad ) using bitcoin core. It's very very very slow and I'm not talking about hours but days with a I5 64bit 4GB ram.

But that doesnt matter, just wanted to say it worked out !
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
August 24, 2015, 12:17:28 PM
Shutdown Armory, start BitcoinQt manually and let it do it's thing. If it is fully synced and Armory is still stuck, I'll need to see a log file.
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
August 24, 2015, 08:26:48 AM
It is OK and not stuck. Armory can take a long time to load. Just keep it open and after a while (can take several hours) if will load and be usable. The more often you use it, the less time the startup should take.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
August 24, 2015, 06:39:48 AM
It looks like it is not good....is it?

It's rolling at the Build Database step, but the progress bar on Initializing is not complete...?

Reset to factory and start all over ?

Probably stuck, But make sure you check it every 5-10 minutes, Once its not move means you have to reset it.

Activity: 8
August 24, 2015, 05:14:51 AM
It looks like it is not good....is it?

It's rolling at the Build Database step, but the progress bar on Initializing is not complete...?

http://i57.tinypic.com/ouz6fm.png

Reset to factory and start all over ?
Pages:
Jump to: