Pages:
Author

Topic: Stupid or Not - page 4. (Read 509 times)

Activity: 2324
Merit: 362
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 30, 2022, 12:30:07 PM
This isn't my idea 💡

A friend and I were discussing crypto yesterday and he said he always change from one wallet to another every month, he said the highest he have used a crypto wallet is two months, he always transfer all is coins and tokens from a wallet to another new created wallet in a month or two...imagine the stress 😆😆

I told him the risk still persists, you have to keep the phrase safe still but other friends of his are saying its good idea..this is why I decide to hear from the bitcointalk audience, what do you think.

you should just tell your friend slowly to put all his assets in one wallet only, because if he moves to another wallet then the vulnerability of losing his private key or password is very big.
I'm afraid your friend will have bad luck when he creates a new wallet to be his new asset but forgets to save his private key and password. the safest way is to keep your private key and password safe in 2 places or put it in a safe that can withstand any conditions.
Activity: 826
Merit: 583
October 30, 2022, 11:59:22 AM
wouldn't that mean he would have too many keys to open his wallet?
I'm not sure it will be good. but for me, it would make me even dizzier with piles of wallets and keys.
the risk is not in the hack, but in the error in ourselves.

if the new wallet continues to be used to connect to a malicious web or site, of course, it will not reduce the risk. I usually differentiate the main wallet from the one I use to trade on the dex exchange or link it to a new site.
Activity: 62
Merit: 15
October 30, 2022, 11:52:44 AM
Honestly, this should be labeled as a stupid idea, but based on my own perspective, the most important thing is keeping your safe keys, well secured to an extent that you alone have access to them, transfer of tokens from one wallet to another is a big risk, most especially if you're doing it all the time, we've got to be extremely careful about that too, As you're aware changing wallet to another could easy mix things up for you, so it's not a good practice.

Others might say it's a good idea because to some extent, it will prevent anyone trying to monitor your access code to your phase keys, but still not the best practices, hence keep your phase or Private keys well secured. This is my take on this
Activity: 658
Merit: 384
October 30, 2022, 11:31:56 AM
This isn't my idea 💡

A friend and I were discussing crypto yesterday and he said he always change from one wallet to another every month, he said the highest he have used a crypto wallet is two months, he always transfer all is coins and tokens from a wallet to another new created wallet in a month or two...imagine the stress 😆😆

I told him the risk still persists, you have to keep the phrase safe still but other friends of his are saying its good idea..this is why I decide to hear from the bitcointalk audience, what do you think.
Pages:
Jump to: