Pages:
Author

Topic: SUBFORUM STICKIES FOR UNOFFICIAL RULES - page 2. (Read 554 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
March 11, 2019, 02:02:32 PM
I'm not too sure what exactly the post is about, if it's about  guidelines and description on sub forums and child boards, we already have something of that sort. Serious discussion child board, ivory tower for example have this as it's description; Even more serious discussion. Members and above only. No advertising of any kind. No junk posts.. Similar with other child boards. If I am off the point, you can point me in the right direction.

The point is to have a reference that applies to the subforum specific unofficial rules/customs only, conveniently located in a spot that those using that forum most will most easily come across. Some of these subforums are larger than entire other forums. It makes sense that there would be some differences in standards and type of community between them.
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
Future of Security Tokens
March 11, 2019, 01:49:04 PM
I'm not too sure what exactly the post is about, if it's about  guidelines and description on sub forums and child boards, we already have something of that sort. Serious discussion child board, ivory tower for example have this as it's description; Even more serious discussion. Members and above only. No advertising of any kind. No junk posts.. Similar with other child boards. If I am off the point, you can point me in the right direction.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
March 11, 2019, 01:27:16 PM
It's good idea to keep sub-forum/section/child-board keep tidy, but just like any sticky thread (including official rules), it will be ignored.

For example on Bitcoin Technical Support, there's [READ BEFORE POSTING] Tech Support Help Request Format.
But i almost never see people use the format and sometimes members had to ask necessary information first (such as log files, core's version and OS) before help the poster.

I am not saying it will magically enforce them, but this place is large and complicated. I think some of us older users forget this since some of it just becomes second nature. Also I don't exclusively mean for organizational sake. For example the auctions section could do with some standards being more universal to make auctions run more smoothly. Local boards might have various local laws which they might want to keep enforced for liability reasons, etc. There are often new users who would gladly abide by the local customs if they even knew what they were. Even if it is something people could use to reference I think would be handy.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
March 11, 2019, 01:17:08 PM
It's good idea to keep sub-forum/section/child-board keep tidy, but just like any sticky thread (including official rules), it will be ignored.

For example on Bitcoin Technical Support, there's [READ BEFORE POSTING] Tech Support Help Request Format.
But i almost never see people use the format and sometimes members had to ask necessary information first (such as log files, core's version and OS) before help the poster.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
March 11, 2019, 12:50:36 PM
I would like to make a suggestion for subforums to have a dedicated stickied thread to be used for listing "unofficial" rules or customs to that subforum that users like to maintain. I think this might be especially useful in places like the local subforums, or for example collectables or auctions. I don't know who would want to or could manage this, but even a quick explanation stickied that allows users to post IMO would be useful. Does anyone have any opinions on this?
Pages:
Jump to: