Pages:
Author

Topic: Suggested Bitcoin Core Pruned Node Size - page 2. (Read 424 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
October 10, 2018, 10:19:53 AM
Thank you for all the reply's. I'll be more specific.

I'm looking to run a node on a 256gb microSD A1 or above. Essentially I can swap this from phone to phone, tablet to tablet, etc easily and have in my opinion a full node in place of a light wallet?

Thoughts?
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
October 10, 2018, 08:01:47 AM
Pruned mode is for people who want an up-to-date client who has validated the whole chain itself but don't want to let the blockchain occupy too much of your hard drive.

It all depends on what you want to achieve with your node. If you just want to use it as a safe wallet, set the prune limit to as much as you want core to have of your hard drive.

However, if you regularly swap wallets inside of core you'll need to download the whole blockchain again to build the available UTXO's.
If you have enough disk space (HDs are extremely cheap currently), it is better to run core without pruning. In case of any failure, you will save yourself from downloading the data again.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
October 08, 2018, 02:40:40 PM
I'm installing a pruned node on a mobile device, I was surprised that 2GB was default but seemed pretty low. The more I'm able to store the better I imagine?
Pages:
Jump to: