Pages:
Author

Topic: Suggested new Moderation rule - page 2. (Read 1481 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
June 21, 2013, 03:38:09 AM
I'm still wondering why my post there has disappeared Huh.

You got moderated Tongue .
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
June 21, 2013, 03:37:22 AM
I'm still wondering why my post there has disappeared Huh.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
June 21, 2013, 03:33:29 AM
You are not a service. Your thread (and apparently blog post) is discussing services. Thus it belongs in service discussion.

BTW, what else is there on your blog that it managed to get into our content filter?
legendary
June 21, 2013, 03:31:24 AM
Most of your blog post is about either your group buy or Mt Gox.

Correct, and my experiences doing business with bitcoin.

If your trying to imply that because it is about two services therefore it is a service your missing out on a lot in life.

I am sorry if I sound a bit snarky, but I feel like your just defending a bad moderation decision by relying on technicalities, if you have read the post (and you have at least skimmed it apparently) its a post about doing business with bitcoin.

You may want to come back to me as say something like "doing business with bitcoin" is a service but I honestly believe that if your going to be that narrow in your definition of things there is no such thing as general bitcoin and perhaps the category should be removed.

Regardless, I am not asking for my thread to be yanked back from the obscurity of being mislabeled as a service, I am asking for the moderation not to be so "knee jerk" and closed minded.

Neil
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
June 21, 2013, 03:03:20 AM
Most of your blog post is about either your group buy or Mt Gox.
legendary
June 21, 2013, 02:44:36 AM
Recently I had a thread moved to "Service Discussion" and felt the moderators sting.

While it does actually pertain to MtGox it is more of a subtle commentary about the problems about doing business with bitcoin here it is;-

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=239479.new;topicseen#new

You will actualy have to read it though to get to the point.  John K went through it, pulled out a few people who were determined to "off track" it and left it in place, reasonable moderation I thought.

Later another moderator found it, was the title and them moved it to service discussion.

My proposed rule;-

# You must read a post before you moderate it.

Neil
Pages:
Jump to: