Pages:
Author

Topic: Suggestion about newbies - page 2. (Read 340 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
October 11, 2020, 04:07:40 AM
Now this one was a stupid person, but a smart one could upload a real miner that copied from an open source project and add the malware inside. Then he could announce it on english and not gloch, the language of spammers. Someone from the 100 of the people that will read the thread, could download it and test it which would lead him into trouble.
That is already happening on a daily basis, scammers make fake announcement thread (usually copy some known project) and then include malware link, just see reports in Report Malware and Suspicious Links here so Mods can take Action ! and yeah, they can be pretty creative sometimes, like sharing legit link first, and then later on replacing with malware affected one. At least mods are pretty responsive and usually delete those malware topics very fast.

I would like to propose a solution about these newbies that don't do anything than damaging and spamming the forum. Once a newbie creates a new topic, the moderation team must approve it first. I wouldn't suggest posts generally because there may be some honest newbies that face an issue. Just for their topics.
Somehow I don't see that happening, as it would out even more strain the mods, that already have enough on their plate with spam posts. I saw others suggesting various restrictions for newbie accounts, but I have a feeling that those in charge are not willing to put extra restrictions on new accounts as It's already hard enough for a brand new account, even though it is probably  true that majority of new accounts are used for scam/bounty purposes.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
October 11, 2020, 03:45:20 AM
The forum is going crazy with all these newbies scammers. I just saw a topic in which a newbie is presenting a miner "he just finished". It is clearly some kind of malware and we can understand it from the 5kbs of data. None of the available miners is 5kbs, it is just a sort of executable that will damage your pc. Now this one was a stupid person, but a smart one could upload a real miner that copied from an open source project and add the malware inside. Then he could announce it on english and not gloch, the language of spammers. Someone from the 100 of the people that will read the thread, could download it and test it which would lead him into trouble.

I would like to propose a solution about these newbies that don't do anything than damaging and spamming the forum. Once a newbie creates a new topic, the moderation team must approve it first. I wouldn't suggest posts generally because there may be some honest newbies that face an issue. Just for their topics.
Pages:
Jump to: