Pages:
Author

Topic: [Suggestion] Disable rights to edit Subject titles if posters are not OPs - page 2. (Read 440 times)

Activity: 300
Merit: 93
If users can't edit the post title, there would be no reason left to show the title on each post.
I barely use it, but I don't think it should be changed.
Yes, because we nearly don't use it, mostly trollers edit topic titles. I still think there should be an option to allow or disallow it. There are mosly no reasons  why users should edit Subjects of their posts, IMO.
Activity: 1659
Merit: 687
LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
If users can't edit the post title, there would be no reason left to show the title on each post.
I barely use it, but I don't think it should be changed.
It doesn't change the actual title of the topic/thread... it only changes the "subject" of that particular post.

So other users will still see the original topic title when they're browsing the board. Granted if someone then "quotes" the post with the *modified* title, they inherit that modified title... but is it really a big issue? Huh
I understood that others can see real topic title, but if they simply click "Quote" to reply, the topic will become messy with different title inside. It is not a big issue, but if there is solution, it's good. Or forum can give another feature for self-moderated threads, such as "Disable right to edit Subject when reply/ quote"
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
It doesn't change the actual title of the topic/thread... it only changes the "subject" of that particular post.

So other users will still see the original topic title when they're browsing the board. Granted if someone then "quotes" the post with the *modified* title, they inherit that modified title... but is it really a big issue? Huh
I saw a topic, in which poster (troller) edited Subject title to do their trollings. After that, users whom don't pay attention to title of post they quoted, they unintentionally spread the trolling title around.
It is obviously that Subject titles are not topic titles, but when Subject titles edited by trollers, it will make topics look more messy, and users might miscommunicated the real topic titles, especially newbies. I have never edit Subject title when I leave a post inside topic, and I guess most of you too; but why we easily open such rights for trollers.

I suggest to disable rights of edit topic titles, and only allows editable rights on topic title for OPs.
It is not a big issue, but if there is solution, it's good. Or forum can give another feature for self-moderated threads, such as "Disable right to edit Subject when reply/ quote"

For example:
There is a topic: Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ
What if with my reply inside that topic, I change the title from: "Re: Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ"
to "Re: Official list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ"
Pages:
Jump to: